Whistler

Interesting New Trail Cam Photo..

Cotter
1 minute ago, Twist said:

....or a rather informed and talented hoaxer....

They're getting better every day.

Huntster

This is very interesting. I very much would like to read Dr. Meldrum’s opinion on it.

Was the cam placed there by a sasquatch hunter with previous activity in the area, was it hunter cam, or was it there for yet another reason?

Twist
2 minutes ago, Huntster said:

This is very interesting. I very much would like to read Dr. Meldrum’s opinion on it.

Was the cam placed there by a sasquatch hunter with previous activity in the area, was it hunter cam, or was it there for yet another reason?

Reading thru the reddit thread,  the poster states it’s hunting land and the owner of the trail cam / pic does not believe in BF.

Cotter

Anyone have any thoughts on 'toe splay'?  

To me, the toes are the most interesting part of this.  They seem so 'different' to me.

ioyza
32 minutes ago, Huntster said:

In OP's words:

Trail cam is cellular and placed on a hunting lease. The guy isn't a hoaxer thinks bigfoot is ********.

I asked him if he still thinks BF is BS, he said he'll ask and let us know :lol:

Huntster

The uniform size are like bear toes, but the foot is clearly not that of a bear.

56263B0F-6697-485B-A098-8943BBB75007.jpeg

Rockape

The toes really make this interesting. Either a well done hoax or the real thing. We need Meldrum's opinion on the foot.

Cotter

Anyone still got an open line to Meldrum that could pass it along?

NatFoot

Where's the SRN when you need it? Note that this is here now...but the photo taken on 8/1.

Huntster
2 hours ago, NatFoot said:

.......Note that this is here now...but the photo taken on 8/1.

That’s an important and (unfortunately) common trait. It has been nearly 2 months.

Another important reality is that it’s on private land, and it sounds like the owner might know the value of good hunting ground. He might want some money if people want to look around. I actually think that sasquatches inhabit corporate logging lands and Indian reservations more precisely because they are much more quiet and uninhabited than public lands.

Patterson-Gimlin

Thanks for sharing. Looks like a bear track with an unusual shape and or deformity. Therefore I lean toward the hoax theory. 

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin

Twist

I'm confused PG.   You say a bear track,  you think the foot shown looks like a bears, and thus would create a typical bear track if placed in mud or soft substrate?

norseman

*edit*

I was looking at the picture in Huntsters post. I see the original image now. Interesting!

Huntster

The toes in the game cam pic actually do resemble bear toes in size, shape, and alignment, but there are no claws visible at all, and cub claws on black bears are quite large for the size of their feet. 

But the shape of that foot is not a bear at all. It is not triangular. It is too long and narrow, and that heel is clearly not a bearish. 

The area where a human arch arch would be is also very interesting. I think I see a rather large, longitudinal muscle running from the front of the heel area all the way to the toes. 

I do not believe that is a bear’s foot, and if it is a human’s foot, that is a very unique person.