Whistler

Interesting New Trail Cam Photo..

ShadowBorn

Why was the trail cam set at such a low angle ? what was the hunter trying to capture on the trail cam? It sure was not deer or bear , but some small animal since the game camera was set so low.. The foot does look interesting with the toes all looking the same but there just not enough information from the picture to make a call. It is questionable though. Just my opinion.

ioyza

The camera was attached to a tree, and was knocked down just prior to taking the photos...

Twist

The more I’m looking at it and comparing the grass to the foot I agree with what one poster stated earlier, it’s a small rodent food or something similar.  

Cotter

^I dunno.  The grass doesn't seem to be all that small to me.  Not sure of what grasses Oklahoma is home to, but it doesn't seem to out of the ordinary to me.

That, and what the heck type of rodent foot would it be? 

WSA

I am pondering the (extrapolated) angle of the shin rise, as being something worthy of note.

Rockape
22 hours ago, PBeaton said:

What other small mammals are common there ?

Skunks, Racoons, Possums, Squirrels, Nutria, Beaver, Coyotes, basically the same as here in NE Texas.

A possum hind foot can look pinkish, kind of like a human but the toes are very different, that ain't no possum.

IM003761.jpg

Edited by Rockape

JustCurious

Here is a site with pictures of some small mammal feet - front and back - and none match what's in this picture. Furbearer_Foot/Track_Identific I went through the list of Oklahoma mammals and found nothing to come close.

I've come to the conclusion that this is either the real deal (of what I have no idea) or someone used a toy figure.  The reason I hesitate on the toy figure is because the foot picture was posted first, THEN the preceding picture of the 'leg' and blur showing the same timestamp.  If you look carefully, you can identify the blades of grass as not changing from one picture to the next.  I don't think the pictures are fake.

What would be good to know is were there any tracks left and what size.  What kind of grass, and size of that grass, is in the picture. 

This could be some other mythical creature, it doesn't have to be bigfoot.  Without further evidence, this is just a very interesting trail cam pic!

• Upvote 1

Twist

Yeah, not exactly sure what small mammal, but given the foot size compared to the grass it does make me question how young of BF this would have to be.  I’m open to it being BF but almost seems like it’d have to be an infant.   

Whistler
1 hour ago, JustCurious said:

Here is a site with pictures of some small mammal feet - front and back - and none match what's in this picture. Furbearer_Foot/Track_Identific I went through the list of Oklahoma mammals and found nothing to come close.

I've come to the conclusion that this is either the real deal (of what I have no idea) or someone used a toy figure.  The reason I hesitate on the toy figure is because the foot picture was posted first, THEN the preceding picture of the 'leg' and blur showing the same timestamp.  If you look carefully, you can identify the blades of grass as not changing from one picture to the next.  I don't think the pictures are fake.

What would be good to know is were there any tracks left and what size.  What kind of grass, and size of that grass, is in the picture. 

This could be some other mythical creature, it doesn't have to be bigfoot.  Without further evidence, this is just a very interesting trail cam pic!

Good find JustCurious! It’s either a really good hoax “Bad!”, or a Littlefoot ; )

Thanks for sharing & Cheers!

OkieFoot

^^

I would agree with Twist; if it is real, it would almost have to be an infant. This is just my opinion of what I see; just going by the photo of the foot, (which is somewhat out of focus), the bottom of the foot does not look like a foot that has been walking around in the outdoors in various types of open terrain. Although maybe the foot is tougher than it looks.This is what would point to possibly an infant.

Something I'm curious about; has anyone been able to detect dermal ridges on the bottom of the foot? Or would the photo being somewhat out of focus prevent them from being detected?

Whistler

Unfortunately, it’s too much out of focus to see any details like dermal ridges & such. These are only what I found online, and there may be better versions available idk.. But! That’s potentially another reason to think it might be a baby Bigfoot- you know those darn Squatches are always out of focus :P

hiflier

How about focusing on the second photo for a bit. It has its own odd images,

Twist

Well.....care to elaborate on your thoughts a little more?

hiflier

I really cannot, Twist. At least not yet anyway. The two pics are apparently within seconds of each other? I have also been studying the data bars above and below each. Don't know what to make of their differences. A result of the program used to view the two pics? Anyway the 'object' to the right of the second pic doesn't look like something in nature. If the grass blades are pretty much the same in both photos then what is that object? Toe of a boot? Then the 'hair' in the left of the second image. And are those finger pads along the left hand edge of the image? Closer 'toes'?

I am assuming these two photos happened very quickly since they apparently were recorded within the same minute. It doesn't mean they were concurrent though as in the first and second of say a burst setting? Also, if the camera was jarred loose are we looking at everything as if right side up or sideways? The grass might look normally oriented but is it?

HUH. Guess I DID have some thoughts after all LOL.

Edited by hiflier

Redbone
SSR Team

To figure this out we really probably need better information.

1: Sharing the full resolution picture from the game cam instead of a screen shot from a phone would be a good place to start.

2: Get a comparison shot for scale. It would be really helpful to know if this is rodent size.

Whatever that is, it doesn't look human, but also doesn't look like what I expect from sasquatch. Maybe a full resolution image would yield some answers.