Artists Construct Fantastic Bigfoot Statue

Whistler

• gigantor featured this topic
Admin

Meh, it's too big. Makes the whole field look bad. They shoulda made it 7' tall.

BF Statue.jpg

Why?     It looks to be on par with the first one I saw.  

Admin
1 hour ago, MIB said:

Why?     It looks to be on par with the first one I saw.  

That's huge...  most sightings are 7 - 7.5 ft tall.  How tall would you say that statue is?  (I know it says 9ft, it must be on a stand...)

I have a hard time believing something as big as that statue is hiding in the woods!  How do you hide in the trees when you are bigger than said trees!! Lol. This guy must live in Ca. hopefully at least in the Sequoia Nat’l Park.  :D

• Upvote 2

My sighting was of a 10 foot creature (possibly taller) in May.... in NEBRASKA! I'd have thought it about 8 feet until we tried a recreation in July. We had a vertical stick on site to compare size that is 11 feet tall. It was near the top of that stick. (Link to image showing the spot)

A second (older) sighting of what may have been the same creature was also investigated by BFRO when mine was. Same color, same apparent build, and with similar height reported. That makes it the tallest reported in Nebraska and was seen by multiple witnesses both times. There's a grey one on the Rez they call Insh'age (Old Man) that is reportedly 8 1/2 feet tall. (pronounced Nee-Shah-Gay). That one is nearly the size of the statue.

Back to topic at hand, here's a screen grab that shows the statue height a little better.

34986785_StstueHt.thumb.jpg.256cc7e37ea9d32a3323dc287fd17bfe.jpg

7-1/2 feet is big but it's not an adult male.   Either the females are considerably smaller (Patty, at 7'6"), or that'd be a mid-teen with some growing left to do.    The one I saw in '76 provided a good yardstick for measurement.  Using Patty's proportions, it was somewhere between 10.5 and 12 feet.    That's a pretty good match for the line of 24-1/2 inch tracks that were 6-1/2 feet heel to heel that I found only 3/4ths of a mile away 2 years earlier.

It seems vanishingly unlikely that I saw the biggest bigfoot that ever lived.   More likely, I just got lucky enough to see a typical sample of a real adult, not one of the teens people mistake for adults.

MIB

Edited by MIB
  • Upvote 1

If they are really that big, there has to be a paranormal thing going on here.

BF is hard enough to believe in as is...makes it even harder if they're 9ft +.

• Upvote 1

If what I experienced was in fact a BF,  it would of been in the 6’6”ish range at most.      Saying this because we were in a section of what we called scrub brush that had been cleared out some years before and was growing back.  The tree canopy was not much over 7’ I would guess.   

Guess we got fortunate enough to only runinto a juvenile or female.  :dontknow:

The artist/sculptor is fantastic. What an amazing job he did.

He's got the height correct but a BF would never be that thick/big in real life. The telltale sign is to look at the picture where the ranger is standing next to the statute and compare his foot size the the sculpture.  Sasquatch feet are massive but not that disproportionately large.

Thanks for sharing Whistler.

On 10/7/2018 at 10:05 AM, Redbone said:

My sighting was of a 10 foot creature (possibly taller) in May.... in NEBRASKA! I'd have thought it about 8 feet until we tried a recreation in July. We had a vertical stick on site to compare size that is 11 feet tall. It was near the top of that stick. (Link to image showing the spot)

Since I made this post I have been looking through recreation photos and now see the need to do it again when the foliage is gone this winter. (weather permitting)

We failed to get a shot of me in the spot where the subject was standing, mainly because the very short BFRO investigator couldn't see me.

My concern is that the spot is still uphill from the location of the stick and it may skew perspective of the photographs. If I do it again I'll take a 10 foot pole, marked for each foot into the spot and capture it with my good camera.

Despite my concerns, I still feel what I saw was at about 9 feet, but I only saw it after it was reportedly ducking away with it's arm swung out. (The act of ducking was seen by the other witness, I only saw the arm)

One day my sighting will have it's own thread (if BFRO ever publishes it) and on that thread I'll link everything about it that is presently scattered throughout this forum.

PS: it was NOT bulky like the statue is.

Redbone,  thanks for the additional information.   Question, you say you did not see it duck down and you only saw the arm.  What’s the basis for the 9’ estimate, the other researchers that were with you?  They saw it in the fully upright position?  

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic