My Perspective and questions for you all

James33

^ Bingo.  I’ve often thought they never stop moving and probably lower in population than believed.    If they never stop it’s harder to track.    They have survived this long on one idea.  Move.   

I’d guess on average, only 15% - 20-% of eyewitness accounts are proper identification.   And I’ll throw my own “encounter” in there.   I’m very open to the idea of me misinterpreting my events yet still falling into a phenomenon that’s true.

Also, they are probably 6’ - 7’ish tall but their muscular build often makes humans see the big bad monster.  

Idk...just my thoughts and most likely wrong. 

I sometimes hear people say that the coastal rainforest or the high desert areas hear in Oregon just can't sustain a large population of a creature that big. I have to chuckle considering our rainforests hold a good population of Roosevelt elk that can weigh in excess of 1,000 pounds as well as black bears that can push 500 pounds. The high desert holds a good population of American or Rocky Mountain elk that can go 800 pounds and in the North East we have moose sightings every year along with a good population of black bears. Then 100 to 200 pound black tailed deer, 100 to 400 pound mule deer, cougars that can weigh up to 200 pounds, large wolves, and lots of humans that weigh from 6 pounds to 800 pounds that have horses and cows and pigs and there is still more room for more big creatures. 

From some of the things I have seen and heard of, I would say they are omnivores. I believe they do migrate when the necessity arises.

Good points, Doug, and everyone of those large animals move to wherever the food is. Oh yeah, and welcome to the BFF :) If Sasquatch is an omnivore then it stands to reason that in winter they will also move with the animals they may need to prey upon as well. It is why some folks here look at the seasonal migration of ungulates and see if there is either a seasonal elevation shift or outright movement from one locale to another. The variables in pinning down how to track any patterns in Sasquatch movement are many and for the most part leaves a lot open to speculation. It is difficult to look at everything and even more difficult to follow any hunches in the field. To much for just a few people. I really does take a lot of folks working somehow together to adequately check out any thought on the matter of increasing the odds for discovery.

Recently the opinion of the occasional stink associated with sasquatches might be assiciated with them caching meat fir future dining. Brown bears do this, and it would also help explain food resources for them in winter.

SSR Team
On 10/4/2018 at 9:45 PM, James33 said:

Does anyone have any insight as to how they breed, raise their young, and if there is any family or clan type structure like in other apes?  

James

Just to follow up on a recent edition of the Monster X Radio Show (it was either the Chris Spencer or new Thomas Steenburg show of which both are absolutely worth a listen to) and a topic of conversation on there, here are some numbers on Multiple Creature Sighting Reports in WA State and across the continent, of multiple creatures.

10% of all WA State Actual Sighting Reports that we have locked and loaded in the Database are of Multiple Creatures, that number holds firm at 10% within the last 20 years too.

42% of all reports from WA State are from the #OlympicPeninsula

Prior to the last 20 years in WA State, 100% of Multiple Creature Sighting Reports were within daylight hours. Within the last 20 years, that number has dropped to 45%.

Within the last 20 years, 62% of all Multiple Creature Sighting Reports in WA State have come from the #OlympicPeninsula

Across the North American Continent, only 6% of all Actual Visual Sighting Reports that are locked and loaded in the Database have been of Multiple Creatures, that number also holds firm at 6% within the last 20 years too.

Prior to the last 20 years on the entire North American Continent, 76% ofMultiple Creature Sighting Reports were within daylight hours. Within the last 20 years, that number has dropped to 49%.

--

#Sasquatch - We have a total of 225 Actual Visual Reports locked and loaded in the database from the turn of the century from Spring.

64% of all reports are from daylight hours.
42% of all reports have come from the witness when driving, with 64% of those coming in daylight hours.
8% of all reports have been of multiple creatures, with 64% of those coming in daylight hours.

---

• Upvote 1

BobbyO, you data mine in the most wonderful way. By that I mean the stats you bring in from the SSR are always in support of the subject at hand. Thank you. And as a hint to all members- new ones especially- a Premium membership will gain you access to the most amazing, searchable, Sasquatch database ever- anywhere: The SSR, thanks to years of hard work by some terrifically focused people here on the BFF. The membership will also gain you access to areas of great interest throughout this Forum so please consider becoming a Premium Member and help keep those annoying ads away from here as you up your knowledge of what others on the BFF have learned :)   

Edited by hiflier
  • Like 1

On 10/8/2018 at 10:12 PM, Doug said:

I sometimes hear people say that the coastal rainforest or the high desert areas hear in Oregon just can't sustain a large population of a creature that big. I have to chuckle considering our rainforests hold a good population of Roosevelt elk that can weigh in excess of 1,000 pounds as well as black bears that can push 500 pounds. The high desert holds a good population of American or Rocky Mountain elk that can go 800 pounds.........

A century and a half ago, the Pacific states also had a large population of grizzly bears that no longer exist, making room for both humans in agricultural areas and perhaps more hominids in places less suitable for human habitation.

19 minutes ago, Huntster said:

A century and a half ago, the Pacific states also had a large population of grizzly bears that no longer exist, making room for both humans in agricultural areas and perhaps more hominids in places less suitable for human habitation.

A century and a half ago we know where the large population of humans moving west came from, Manifest Destiny.    You suggest this has caused a boom in BF population out west?  Via lack of grizzley?   

Edited by Twist

1 minute ago, Twist said:

A century and a half ago we know where the large population of humans moving west came from, Manifest Destiny.......

Not only that, but we know that they were the a$$holes who killed off the brown bears within 75 years.

...... Do we know where the population of other hominids came from??......

Why, yes. According to current paleo anthropology, they had to have come from Africa, just like you and I. You accept that, of course, right? It’s “science”.

.......Did they live in the east to midwest area and get forced west?   I'm curious about your idea of Western expansion of hominids in relation to modern man.

Actually, it’s my opinion that the hominids are going the way of the grizzlies, but in a different way. Instead of being shot out in short order due to the kind of aggression grizzlies are famous for, the hominids are simply fading away like Europeans through the world today, even Europe: a failure to maintain a positive breeding rate.

The quick absence of grizzlies throughout the west, however, could have quickly provided both a bonanza of nutrition as well as a lowered threat of predation to other omnivores like black bears and hominids, and may have slowed down the rate of extinction for the hominids..............until, of course, the rate of human infiltration literally exploded in the west after WWII. But humans, both the stupid and the denialist versions, can be much easier to evade than brown bears, so perhaps not all is lost...........

12 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Not only that, but we know that they were the a$$holes who killed off the brown bears within 75 years.

Yes there were people shooting bears for how long...... hunters.....both good and bad.  I do not see the point of your sentence other than to show your disdain for bear hunters in the past????

Why, yes. According to current paleo anthropology, they had to have come from Africa, just like you and I. You accept that, of course, right? It’s “science”.

I do not accept that because it is science.  I believe that because I believe that the middle east and/or  northern Africa is the cradle of life.  

Actually, it’s my opinion that the hominids are going the way of the grizzlies, but in a different way. Instead of being shot out in short order due to the kind of aggression grizzlies are famous for, the hominids are simply fading away like Europeans through the world today, even Europe: a failure to maintain a positive breeding rate.

The quick absence of grizzlies throughout the west, however, could have quickly provided both a bonanza of nutrition as well as a lowered threat of predation to other omnivores like black bears and hominids, and may have slowed down the rate of extinction for the hominids..............until, of course, the rate of human infiltration literally exploded in the west after WWII. But humans, both the stupid and the denialist versions, can be much easier to evade than brown bears, so perhaps not all is lost...........

.........Mehhh...given the abundance of sugars and carbs in food, no wonder both male and females are to blame for a positive breeding rate...hardly the fault of bf or bears lmao!

2 minutes ago, Twist said:

.......I do not see the point of your sentence other than to show your disdain for bear hunters in the past????......

I don’t have problems with bear hunters. It’s the bear killers I’m not to happy with, and the ones today piss me off even more than the ones a century ago.

.......I do not accept that because it is science.  I believe that because I believe that the middle east and/or  northern Africa is the cradle of life......

If not because of science, then because of a religious belief? 

.....given the abundance of sugars and carbs in food, no wonder both male and females are to blame for a positive breeding rate...hardly the fault of bf or bears.......

I agree that bears and bigfeet aren’t to blame for the negative breeding rates of people of European descent. Nor is diet. It’s their own stupid ideology. 

1 minute ago, Huntster said:

I don’t have problems with bear hunters. It’s the bear killers I’m not to happy with, and the ones today **** me off even more than the ones a century ago.

No argument here.    

If not because of science, then because of a religious belief? 

I'm not so much religious, as much as spiritual.   I think many religions have a basis in truth but none are more than a certain moral compass.     

I agree that bears and bigfeet aren’t to blame for the negative breeding rates of people of European descent. Nor is diet. It’s their own stupid ideology. 

I was being facetious....

4 minutes ago, Twist said:

.......I'm not so much religious, as much as spiritual.   I think many religions have a basis in truth but none are more than a certain moral compass........

Well, then, if you don’t believe that Africa is where humans came from because of scientific deductions, and you don’t accept it religiously, why do you believe that the Middle East and/or Northern Africa is the cradle of life? And does that extend to all species, not just human?

What if I told you there could be equal parts science and equal part religion that lead me to believe that the middle east / Northern Africa is the cradle of life??? 

Do I have to be labeled as one way or another when all I state is my belief?? 

11 minutes ago, Twist said:

What if I told you there could be equal parts science and equal part religion that lead me to believe that the middle east / Northern Africa is the cradle of life??? .......

I can accept that. I resemble that description.

.......Do I have to be labeled as one way or another when all I state is my belief??

No, but your answers were confusing to me. I just wanted to understand how you came to believe that.

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic