My Perspective and questions for you all

James33

hiflier - 

There are also numerous TV shows searching for the creature and they have large budgets and access to the latest sightings yet have produced nothing of substance. Out of all the sightings surely someone would have hit and killed one with car or truck, got a clear photo or video, been attacked by one, something...... 

"Out of all the sightings surely someone would have hit and killed one with car or truck, got a clear photo or video, been attacked by one, something......"

Allegedly all of those things have happened.  Photos are photos, they are easily dismissed (main in suit).  Attacks and vehicle hits have been alleged.  That said, many number of reasons (excuses?) as to why a body never made it on the news are given.

You can see that people that weren't even there immediately dismiss testimony by folks that were (allegedly) there.

Fred Beck's story is pretty interesting:

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/11331698/fred_beck_spirit_lake_bigfoot_story/

52 minutes ago, James33 said:

hiflier - 

There are also numerous TV shows searching for the creature and they have large budgets and access to the latest sightings yet have produced nothing of substance.

And why would they? I have certainly had my opinions on that and some were none too flattering. But this is where my post was really going:

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

........if there needs to be a different methodology outside of throwing money at Dr. Todd Disotell to do the Olympic Project's nest sample testing then I would like to hear what that new methodogy might be.   

Edited by hiflier
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cotter said:

"Out of all the sightings surely someone would have hit and killed one with car or truck, got a clear photo or video, been attacked by one, something......"

Allegedly all of those things have happened.  Photos are photos, they are easily dismissed (main in suit).  Attacks and vehicle hits have been alleged.  That said, many number of reasons (excuses?) as to why a body never made it on the news are given.

You can see that people that weren't even there immediately dismiss testimony by folks that were (allegedly) there.

Fred Beck's story is pretty interesting:

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/11331698/fred_beck_spirit_lake_bigfoot_story/

Photos? - we have zero that are quality, in focus high resolution shots.  All are small brown blobs, out of focus, taken at huge distances with poor equipment or technique.  Same for the video. All current DSLRs, smart phones, video cameras, etc can shoot decent if not outstanding 4K video - even 1080p 120fps or more for slow motion is available. Attacks and vehicle hits are alleged, but zero evidence other than a story which immediately moves it to the "didn't happen" category.

The 1924 newspaper clipping is interesting - I remember reading about it many years ago. They were prospecting.  Which is more possible?  Drunk prospectors scared off by other prospectors wanting to steal their claim? Drunk prospectors just making stuff up? Prospectors wanting to keep others away from their claim so they make up a scary story?  Bears? Or bigfoot attacking their cabin?  

20 minutes ago, hiflier said:

And why would they? I have certainly had my opinions on that and some were none too flattering. But this is where my post was really going:

If the creature moves that fast and is nomadic, it seems to me there would need to be a "fast response" team located in "hot spots" that have the most reported sightings.  They'd need access to a helicopter and the latest camera technology as well as sharpshooters with high powered rifles.  Let's be honest - a body is needed.  Period. Or one of those who claim to know "where they are" can just take said team there and let a sharpshooter with a high powered rifle shoot one.  

• Upvote 1

Admin
17 minutes ago, James33 said:

Photos? - we have zero that are quality, in focus high resolution shots.  All are small brown blobs, out of focus, taken at huge distances with poor equipment or technique.  Same for the video.

We do have film and witnesses here in the BFF. There is no need to read stories, you can converse with them.

Walkingwithbigfoot.gif

• Upvote 1

SSR Team
2 hours ago, James33 said:

I just can't understand how no one can get a good photo or video of this animal, given that so many are looking for it 

There are professional expeditions that spend time in the deep woods. 

I've heard where people are terrified it would kill them during an encounter, yet no one has ever been killed by one or even physically attacked. 

And to quote one of my favorite TV shows, "The Truth is out there..."

1) I don’t think there are “so many looking for it.” Not with anybreal consistency where a decent amount of time is concerned anyway. One or two weekends per month isn’t gonna cut it imo.

2) You show me a “professional expedition” led by people that would then have to be “professional Bigfoot reaarchers/experts”, and I’ll show you people that are at best, liars.

3) People may have been killed, can’t see how we’d know that to be honest. Best bet would be to look at the cases out there that are still “open” or “unexplained” or whatever the correct terminology is.

4) The truth is out there, absolutely, but humans no matter how wonderful we like to think we are, are still getting run rings around where this subject is concerned in its own domain, which is something that human beings are distancing themselves from with each minute that passes in the modern world. 

• Upvote 2

Are there recent and reputable attempts/reports of tracking the creature with dogs?  If the dogs get freaked out, seems like that would be a sign that they are close and to whip out the night vision cameras, FLIR cameras, etc. 

7 hours ago, Arvedis said:

uh...no :scratchhead: 

Apes are not comparable to BF.  Different species. And...the range of different experiences people have had with BF and stench covers far more than simply a deterrent as an animal would use.  

:resent:

Incorrect.

The term Ape describes a family or genus of MANY species, including Humans. So unless you think Sasquatch is a giant ground sloth or a giant Lemur? Which I doubt?

I think the term Ape very eloquently describes this cryptid species.

And apes dont use the scent gland as a deterrent, like a skunk would. They cannot aim it at their enemies and shoot it. But it would explain why you simply cannot go out into the woods and track down Bigfoot by his stench.

I don't think anyone is trying to discourage your viewpoint, James33, because we all have had that very same perspective at one time or another. You presenting your points is a good thing as it helps people to dig in and question what we have that stands up and what we don't. It also drives home my point of what exactly it is that needs doing, or that has to change, in order to settle the question. Not an easy discussion to have but one that needs to be brought out. Just WHAT needs to be done differently or happen? Sure someone could get lucky out there (where the truth is ;) ) but beyond luck is there a way to lessen the "luck" factor? Obviously more people perhaps need to join in on the chase but even at that there needs to be some kind of method that utilizes those people in the best way. In other words, how does one generate a method in which more folks can be effectively involved?

Again, not an easy discussion but your posts brings to the surface the fact that SOMETHING is needed and beyond throwing more people at the issue somehow a resolution to the problem seems as elusive as the creature we all seek. No one who has made efforts at discovery is giving up as far as I can tell. But IMHO there simple are not enough out there to head off something that doesn't make a habit of stepping into plain sight. It does happen though but if it does who is there to see the creature? It is ALWAYS in sight somewhere but 99.999999% of the time there is usually no one there to see it. There could be though if the number of eyes out there could be significantly increased- eyes not necessarily looking around in the remote places either. Yep, I stating the obvious but it is because I think the obvious needs to be brought forward and discussed.

Edited by hiflier

11 hours ago, Arvedis said:

How does something that intensely stenchful not get noticed except occasionally?

Distance, wind direction, there a number of factors.

SSR Team
6 minutes ago, Rockape said:

Distance, wind direction, there a number of factors.

An on/off switch (for want if a better term), like gorillas have

1 hour ago, James33 said:

Photos? - we have zero that are quality, in focus high resolution shots.  All are small brown blobs, out of focus, taken at huge distances with poor equipment or technique.  Same for the video. All current DSLRs, smart phones, video cameras, etc can shoot decent if not outstanding 4K video - even 1080p 120fps or more for slow motion is available

Agreed that the entertainment genre uses low res., over pixelated, unstable  audio-visual clutter.

Light in a forest is complicated. Low light levels are difficult to deal with regardless of  "4K" or not. I am in areas where my cameras switch to IR at about 5PM in June and 1PM in Sept. Very dark under the forest canopy and a track less area. The underbrush in western Washington makes pursuit during darkness difficult to impossible. You would be on your face in 2 feet.

BobbyO'  has the smell figured out. It is not constant. Could be fear related.  A predator that stinks all the time will impair hunting. The smell will make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. I credit that to 'genetic memory'.

Edited by Catmandoo

Well, regarding photos and videos. I could give you the clearest up close pic or video of a BF and it would do very little to push the needle toward 'proof'.

Folks are secretive out there, and for many reasons simply do not run out to youtube or the BFF to post pics they have b/c of the attention they receive.

There's always rumors of the 'great video' or 'great photo' out there, but only a select few ever get to see them.  The grooming video comes to mind.

NAWAC has also had some great experiences, and they USED to share some info with us here the BFF, but that's stopped due to the 'attention' they received.

Until a body gets produced to the mainstream, I'm not holding my breath on any 'good' pics or vids.  Now, if the creature is indeed proven to exist, I suspect that would change.

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic