My Perspective and questions for you all

James33

I don’t think they work stone or wood into tools. Their tool use appears to be as crude as that of apes.

But I’ve always been impressed with the Sierra Sounds recordings and the many other reports of “chattering’, and I believe they may be using verbal language, which some academics have theorized is the very basis of humanity and spirituality........ “And God said, “Let there be light!”.........”In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God..........”............etc

Norseman: They are 8 feet tall and 800 lbs supposedly.

Oonj: (i) Basketball players are often 8' tall.

Their footprints exhibit a midtarsal break.

(ii) Some humans have a mid-tarsal break. 

They do not make or use stone tools supposedly.

(iii) They get their tools at the hardware store. 

They do not make or use fire supposedly.

(iv) They're afraid of a forest fire. 

As you mentioned they are hairy.

(v) On rare occasions, humans are that hairy.

Norseman, you deny that Bigfoot is homo.

I disagree.  I think they are homo.

Edited by Oonjerah
paragraph spacing

56 minutes ago, Oonjerah said:

Norseman: They are 8 feet tall and 800 lbs supposedly.

Oonj: (i) Basketball players are often 8' tall.

Their footprints exhibit a midtarsal break.

(ii) Some humans have a mid-tarsal break. 

They do not make or use stone tools supposedly.

(iii) They get their tools at the hardware store. 

They do not make or use fire supposedly.

(iv) They're afraid of a forest fire. 

As you mentioned they are hairy.

(v) On rare occasions, humans are that hairy.

Norseman, you deny that Bigfoot is homo.

I disagree.  I think they are homo.

Often 8 feet tall? Show me ONE basketball player that is 8 feet tall...... There are none. Nice try. AND 800 LBS!!! LMAO!!!

All Humans have a longitudinal arch. Some are more flexible than others. I do not think that qualifies as the same thing as what we see in Bigfoot.

Bigfoot shops at Home Depot? Nonsense.

The dont use fire because they are afraid of forest fires? Nonsense. Your really grasping at straws here.

Hypertrichosis is extremely rare is Humans. No where has it been reported that Bigfoot lacks a full body of hair..... your making my case for me. If Bigfoot was a human? He would exhibit the same hairless bodies we Humans have, except in super rare cases. So the bulk of the reports would be bare skinned Bigfoot reports. Which we obviously do not see.....

And you are welcome to ignore the FACTS and continue on with your ill informed opinion.

Of course Bigfoot is related to us, how closely related to us is up for speculation until a body is brought in. But to claim they are Homo Sapiens and thats why DNA samples often times come back as Homo Sapien is preposterous. With it more likely caused by amateur researchers not using gloves and masks and taking precautions during collections. Or crackpot DNA researchers contaminating the samples themselves or reading the results wrong.

The fact of the matter is that Humans are not capable of living in winter without fire, shelter or tools. No Human is 8 ft tall and 800 lbs. No human runs down bull Elk from behind and pulls up on the head until the spine shatters instantly killing it. No Human swims in the icy waters of SE Alaska to cross from one side of a fjord to the other.

NO HUMAN! This is something else entirely....... Im not saying its a dumb beast. I consider all primates intelligent and the great apes at the head of the class. But it doesnt fit in with us behaviorally and it doesnt fit in with morphologically. No way....

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, norseman said:

You said yourself Patty possesses a sagittal crest...... a very non homo sapien trait.

Your folly is that you immediately assume the creature is human because its bipedal and Homo Sapiens are the only other animal on Earth that is bipedal.

But thats only NOW! Look and study the fossil record! Dozens and dozens of species and probably more undiscovered have walked on this planet bipedally in the past! And some primitive forms? Possessed a sagittal crest! Not human but bipedal!

Now I have never said nothing about a sagittal crest on Patty but for you to bring this up say a lot about patty.  I never understood what sagittal crest meant until I looked it up and found the definition  of what it means and here it is what it means: 

Sagittal Crest of the Skull

Certainty Style Key
Hover over keys for definitions:
True   Likely   Speculative
Human Uniqueness Compared to "Great Apes": 
Likely Difference
MOCA Domain: 
MOCA Topic Authors: 

The sagittal crest is a prominent ridge of bone that projects superiorly (upwards) from the cranial vault along its midline, most commonly seen in adult male gorillas and orangutans. Sagittal crests are rare in adult male chimpanzees and female gorillas, and are unknown in female chimpanzees, female orangutans, and humans and bonobos of both sexes (and are also absent in juveniles of all species). The crest provides a surface for the attachment of the large chewing muscle, temporalis. In humans, who have large brains (and hence large cranial vaults) relative to their body size, the temporal muscles occupy a position on the lateral walls of the cranial vault, and extend only about halfway up the vault surface. In apes the superior extent of the temporalis muscles is positioned higher on the cranial vault (because brain size is smaller, and the muscles of mastication are larger than those found in humans), such that the right- and left-side superior temporal lines approach one another at midline. In male gorillas and orangutans (and some species of fossil hominin), in which very large chewing muscles are anchored to a relatively small cranial vault, the right and left superior temporal lines not only converge at the midline of the top of the cranial vault (along the sagittal suture), but also require the development of a sagittal crest to provide sufficient attachment area for the temporalis muscles.

https://carta.anthropogeny.org/moca/topics/sagittal-crest-skull

Now this says a lot about her jaw and muscle connected to her jaw and gives us an idea on what she may be eating.  To have power in those jaws means that she must be one mean raw meat eater and has the ability to chew through bone. The other thing is she can also be able to chew on leaves as well as grains and lots of it. So yes we can say that it does show signs of ape /gorilla but I am not convinced and am still on the side that it is on the human side but on a branch we have not discovered yet.

Now that Old timer had posted  convergent evolution  I am in agreement with this theory that these creatures evolved as humans did to walk on two feet. But how they were created is what is needed and the only way to find that out is to shoot one and bring it in to a lab and have science prove it. 

7 minutes ago, Oonjerah said:

Midtarsal Break:

1 in 13 Humans Walk on Bendy Chimp Feet, Study Finds

https://www.popsci.com/science/article/2013-05/some-people-are-still-running-around-bendy-chimp-feet

(several articles on this.  I picked just one.)

Ok? So a 1:13 ratio in humans.

Bigfoot always show a midtarsal break. So thats a problem in you hypothesis that Bigfoot are Homo Sapiens.

Where is the majority of the Bigfoot population that should be exhibiting a non mid tarsal break footprint?

23 minutes ago, Oonjerah said:

1 in 13 Humans Walk on Bendy Chimp Feet, Study Finds.......

That’s incredible! I had no clue. Most interesting:

.......People with a mid-foot break had flatter feet, and were likely to have a higher BMI than participants with rigid feet.......

I have a very high BMI, but also have a very high arch in my feet. There is no hint of a midtarsal flex whatsoever in my feet. They are so rigid that I imagine them breaking before flexing. 

Maybe human feet are still in the midst of evolutionary change?

I said they are homo, not homo sapiens. Sapiens means wise.

Oonj: Basketball players are often 8' tall.

Norseman: "Often 8 feet tall? Show me ONE basketball player that is 8 feet tall...... There are none. Nice try. AND 800 LBS!!! LMAO!!!"

Oonjerah

"Next to Manute Bol, Gheorghe Muresan is the tallest NBA player to ever play the game at 7’7" tall."

Yes, Norse, you are right; I am wrong.

Guinness: "The tallest man in medical history for whom there is irrefutable evidence is Robert Pershing Wadlow

(USA) (born 6:30 a.m. at Alton, Illinois, USA on 22 February 1918), who when last measured on 27 June 1940, was

found to be 2.72 m (8 ft 11.1 in) tall."

==================================================================

Huntster:  "Maybe human feet are still in the midst of evolutionary change?"

I doubt that.  Maybe eons ago, some tribes had the break & others didn't.

Since the no-mid-tarsal break foot has prevailed, Nature must have found it better.

Edited by Oonjerah

You need to look at both height and weight, as well as the ability to move.

Most humans over 8 feet tall have numerous health problems and rarely athletic.

Robert Wadlow died from an infection caused by Ill fitting shows. His peripheral nervous system was impaired.

When you look at humans that have weighed over 800 lbs, how many are over 7 feet tall and mobile.

When you look at people over 8 feet tall how many are over 600 lbs and mobile

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Oonjerah said:

I said they are homo, not homo sapiens. Sapiens means wise.

Oonj: Basketball players are often 8' tall.

Norseman: "Often 8 feet tall? Show me ONE basketball player that is 8 feet tall...... There are none. Nice try. AND 800 LBS!!! LMAO!!!"

Oonjerah

"Next to Manute Bol, Gheorghe Muresan is the tallest NBA player to ever play the game at 7’7" tall."

Yes, Norse, you are right; I am wrong.

Guinness: "The tallest man in medical history for whom there is irrefutable evidence is Robert Pershing Wadlow

(USA) (born 6:30 a.m. at Alton, Illinois, USA on 22 February 1918), who when last measured on 27 June 1940, was

found to be 2.72 m (8 ft 11.1 in) tall."

==================================================================

Huntster:  "Maybe human feet are still in the midst of evolutionary change?"

I doubt that.  Maybe eons ago, some tribes had the break & others didn't.

Since the no-mid-tarsal break foot has prevailed, Nature must have found it better.

So your placing Bigfoot in the genus Homo. I disagree but thats not entirely unreasonable.. But you do realize we can tell the difference between the DNA of a Homo Sapien, a Neanderthal and a Denisovan? This still doesnt explain Bigfoot DNA coming back Homo Sapien....

Norseman, "So your placing Bigfoot in the genus Homo. I disagree but thats not entirely unreasonable..

But you do realize we can tell the difference between the DNA of a Homo Sapien, a Neanderthal and a

Denisovan? This still doesnt explain Bigfoot DNA coming back Homo Sapien...."

Bigfoot  DNA tested as Homo Sapien? 

I never heard of that.  If it did, I expect the sample was one of us, not Bigfoot.

Interesting I found 1 example of a gentleman that was verified at 7 foot 6 inches tall and weighed between 1000 and 1100 pounds.

No known photos of him exist

His 1 wife was reported to be 4 foot 11 inches 

1 hour ago, norseman said:

Bigfoot always show a midtarsal break.

Not playing devil's advocate here but the are plenty of casts that do not exhibit an MTB. Not saying it isn't there in all Bigfoots, only that it is not in every cast. Many casts do not show the 'break' but instead show a fairly flat looking sole with some contouring at the ball and heel.  

• gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic