Sign in to follow this  
James33

My Perspective and questions for you all

Rockape
On 10/9/2018 at 8:47 AM, Huntster said:

Recently the opinion of the occasional stink associated with sasquatches might be assiciated with them caching meat

What are they doing? Sticking it under their armpits?

Twist
3 minutes ago, Huntster said:

I can accept that. I resemble that description.

No, but your answers were confusing to me. I just wanted to understand how you came to believe that.

Fair enough.  I'll answer any questions as best I can, but when it comes to my beliefs they are not always grounded in logic, more of my gut.   I feel what I feel because it feels right to me.   

Huntster

No, but any touching it will get that stink on their fur, then it’s hard or takes time to get it off. Haven’t you had a dog roll in dead meat? Or, as if them rolling in a dead moose isn’t bad enough, we get mounds of dead salmon washing up here and there. If your dog rolls in that and comes home, it’s tempting just to shoot the SOB, lasso him, and drag him down the road. Skunk smells better than that.

Rockape
3 minutes ago, Huntster said:

No, but any touching it will get that stink on their fur, then it’s hard or takes time to get it off.

Ok, I see. First time I'd heard that one.

Haven’t you had a dog roll in dead meat?

Mine likes to roll in cow dung, the wetter and fresher the better.

Huntster
2 minutes ago, Twist said:

....... when it comes to my beliefs they are not always grounded in logic.......

Belief can be based upon many things: experience, education, faith, testimony, evidence, proof, scientifically tested methods, etc. Some beliefs appear stronger than others because of the basis of said beliefs. For example, my belief that coyotes inhabit California is much stronger than my belief that sasquatches inhabit California.

2 minutes ago, Rockape said:

........Mine likes to roll in cow dung, the wetter and fresher the better.

I never could understand how an animal with such an acute sense of smell like a dog can like to roll in such stinky stuff, but they do.

Twist
1 minute ago, Huntster said:

Belief can be based upon many things: experience, education, faith, testimony, evidence, proof, scientifically tested methods, etc. Some beliefs appear stronger than others because of the basis of said beliefs. For example, my belief that coyotes inhabit California is much stronger than my belief that sasquatches inhabit California.

Agreed. 

hiflier
12 minutes ago, Huntster said:

I never could understand how an animal with such an acute sense of smell like a dog can like to roll in such stinky stuff, but they do.

I have always thought it was ingrained in a predator animal, even a domesticated one, to lose their own scent by trying to smell like their surroundings. A dog rolling in dead fish will certainly make them smell like their surroundings- until ya get it home that is.

Huntster

Or maybe mask their own scent with the smell of death? But, frankly, I don’t see how the smell of dead meat beats the smell of a dog in any scenario.........unless he’s trying to bait a grizzly bear..........

Sign in to follow this