Whistler

Interesting track someone found..

Whistler

I found this while searching the web. Don’t have much information on it, but it looks legit (Track measured 17”x7”). What are y’alls thoughts?

Cheers!

High Knob Virginia Track

27960D07-7030-4FF0-838F-DC0FCB63E714.jpeg

Edited by Whistler

gigantor

I wish there was an object next to it so we can judge the scale

Patterson-Gimlin

Thanks for sharing. I would like to know the story of it. Hard to tell. 

Human perhaps. 

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin

MIB
3 hours ago, gigantor said:

I wish there was an object next to it so we can judge the scale

Looking at what appears to be lawn grass in the background, 17x7 seems reasonable.    It's a bit hard to be certain with dirt in the way and with only a single picture from a single angle, but I don't see anything wrong enough with it to say "hoax".   Size is ok, proportions are ok, and what details are visible are ok.  Lacking additional info to the contrary, I'd say it might well be legit.   Call it "good enough to be intriguing."   I'd like to see more pictures from more angles. 

MIB

WSA

Since the top 3 considerations for any sighting report or proffered evidence is context, context, context, I wanted to check out BFRO sighting reports from that area of Scott County, but their site is down this morning.

I think I do recall reading a report years ago about a group on a fishing trip in the vicinity of the Devil's Bathtub who were  run off, but I'm not sure.  

Whistler
8 hours ago, WSA said:

Since the top 3 considerations for any sighting report or proffered evidence is context, context, context, I wanted to check out BFRO sighting reports from that area of Scott County, but their site is down this morning.

I think I do recall reading a report years ago about a group on a fishing trip in the vicinity of the Devil's Bathtub who were  run off, but I'm not sure.  

Devil’s Bathtub huh? Sounds like a Squatchy place to me.. :ph34r:

WSA

I recall that FBF did an entire episode around this vicinity...one of the few episodes I think I ever watched.