P-G Filmsite, 1967 and 2018

Daniel Perez

SweatyYeti
1 hour ago, OldMort said:

I agree with SY that the filming time was later in the day. 

Below is a list of Patterson and Gimlin's activities (from their own accounts) immediately following their encounter and before they arrived in Willow Creek:

Film Patty.

Observe her departure and round up the horses and equipment.

Reload the camera and secure roll one.

Ascertain Patty's entry point onto the sandbar.

Scout around with a camera to see if there is another sasquatch in the area (according to Gimlin, from the now discredited interview of November 1967).

Find and examine the track way and take measurements.

Ride back to the campsite (which depending on either P or G is either 2 or 3 miles in each direction) and round up casting materials.

Ride back to the sandbar.

Cast prints and wait for them to dry.

Film the track way and various "stomp tests."

Attempt to track Patty, for 3 miles (according to Patterson).

Ride back to the campsite.

Feed, water, and secure the horses.

Pack up and head for civilization.

Drive 26 miles of windy dirt logging road to Highway 96.

Drive approx. 30 miles on 96 from logging road entry point.

Arrive at Willow Creek shortly after 6 and call Al Hodgson at his home.

In yet another twist to the story, according to Hodgson, when Patterson arrived at his store in Willow Creek shortly after 6 he told him that he had just got done mailing the film from the Eureka post office earlier that afternoon!  http://bigfootbooksblog.blogspot.com/2010/02/interview-with-al-hodgson-bigfoot-elder.html

I'm glad you agree, Mort, on the later filming time. :)  

One quick correction on your list of Roger's and Bob's activities....Al Hodgson told Steven Streufert, in an interview....that he normally closed his store at 6:00...was there until about 6:15, cleaning-up and taking care of the money taken in....and got home usually around 6:30

Al was definitely home, when Roger called...so, Roger and Bob must have gotten to Al's store at around 6:30....or sometime later....(probably between 6:30 and 7:00).

Again, to me...this fits with the approx. 3:00 filming time. An earlier filming time of 1:30 to 2:00 simply leaves too much time during the afternoon, for the fairly short list of activities that they accomplished.

BFF Donor
2 hours ago, OldMort said:

I agree with SY that the filming time was later in the day. 

Below is a list of Patterson and Gimlin's activities (from their own accounts) immediately following their encounter and before they arrived in Willow Creek:

Film Patty.

Observe her departure and round up the horses and equipment.

Reload the camera and secure roll one.

Ascertain Patty's entry point onto the sandbar.

Scout around with a camera to see if there is another sasquatch in the area (according to Gimlin, from the now discredited interview of November 1967).

Find and examine the track way and take measurements.

Ride back to the campsite (which depending on either P or G is either 2 or 3 miles in each direction) and round up casting materials.

Cast prints and wait for them to dry.

Film the track way and various "stomp tests."

Attempt to track Patty, for 3 miles (according to Patterson).

Ride back to the campsite.

Feed, water, and secure the horses.

Pack up and head for civilization.

Drive 26 miles of windy dirt logging road to Highway 96.

Drive approx. 30 miles on 96 from logging road entry point.

Arrive at Willow Creek shortly after 6 and call Al Hodgson at his home.

In yet another twist to the story, according to Hodgson, when Patterson arrived at his store in Willow Creek shortly after 6 he told him that he had just got done mailing the film from the Eureka post office earlier that afternoon!  http://bigfootbooksblog.blogspot.com/2010/02/interview-with-al-hodgson-bigfoot-elder.html

Just want to point out again when they cast the prints and wait for them to dry, they can move on to other things on the list.  Then they could come back after completing other tasks.  They did not need to stand there for 30 min or whatever waiting for them to dry.

That is a good point to consider BD, overall we need to consider that there are events they did together and then there were events they could each do alone simultaneously. 

A 7pm arrival to Hodgsons, based on 6pm close time plus shutdown = 7pm, given the mileage, vehicle conditions, etc, I figure there is 3hrs drive to to Willow Creek.   That means they need depart the camp by 4pm.   The next step is to back track the time taken at filming time vs. campsite departure, and so on.   Its looking like we have some excess time between the filming time and departure time, at least more than I anticipated.  

• Like 1
OkieFoot

For whatever it's worth; According to wiki, in the Immediate Aftermath section of the Patterson-Gimlin Film, it was about 54.3 miles from their camp to Willow Creek. It said it was 28.8 miles from their camp to the "1967 roadhead by Bluff Creek", and then another 25.5 miles down Route 96 to Willow Creek.

It didn't mention anything as far as how much time it might take to travel that route. It only mentioned they arrived at Al H.'s store at "approximately" 6:30 pm, per Al H.

• Upvote 1

That is correct, when reading thru it and adding up I thru in an additional 55 so that does adds to more time at camp by an hour or so.   Good catch okie.   

SweatyYeti
4 hours ago, OkieFoot said:

For whatever it's worth; According to wiki, in the Immediate Aftermath section of the Patterson-Gimlin Film, it was about 54.3 miles from their camp to Willow Creek. It said it was 28.8 miles from their camp to the "1967 roadhead by Bluff Creek", and then another 25.5 miles down Route 96 to Willow Creek.

It didn't mention anything as far as how much time it might take to travel that route. It only mentioned they arrived at Al H.'s store at "approximately" 6:30 pm, per Al H.

Thanks for posting that information, Okie. :) 

Using Google Maps.....here is one route, from the actual filmsite location...to the location of Hodgson's Store...

Topo-Map-Route-Filmsite-Hodgsons-Store1-

I don't know if the section of the route coming out of the mountains is the same route mentioned in Wikipedia article...but, nonetheless.....Google shows the travel time as being just about 2 hours.....(an average speed of 30 mph). 

Roger and Bob would certainly have been able to drive at a faster speed on Rte. 96, once they got to Weicthpec...so that means that they didn't even have to average 30 mph while driving through the mountains, in order for the entire trip to average-out at 30 mph....(and make it to Al's store in 2 hours).

So, they could have left the filmsite at 4:30...and made it to Al's store by around 6:30 - 6:45. 

A filming time of 3:00 would then give them 1 1/2 hours, to accomplish everything they claimed to have done. One thing it doesn't leave time for....is creating a faked trackway. 

Edited by SweatyYeti
  • Upvote 1
Patterson-Gimlin
BFF Donor
18 hours ago, OkieFoot said:

Twist, I agree with you. I'm not aware of anyone on here now that gives Bob H. any credibilty. 

I am the resident scoftic/skeptic. lol.  I can't explain how the film was made. I can only assume it is great effort by  Patterson and a tall skilled mime .

I can explain Bob H's roll. It is the same as all of ours . We weren't there and neither was he. 

I like this thread and appreciate all the information and awesome information. 

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin
starchunk
1 hour ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

I am the resident scoftic/skeptic. lol.  I can't explain how the film was made. I can only assume it is great effort by  Patterson and a tall skilled mime .

I can explain Bob H's roll. It is the same as all of ours . We weren't there and neither was he. 

I like this thread and appreciate all the information and awesome information. 

Here's an alternate take maybe,  this one has gone as far as it's going to get imo. The Film hasn't been proven or disproven by either side, and those who were there and are still with us aren't getting any younger, memory is an issue at this point. It's increasingly likely this one is doomed to go down in history with a question mark and nothing more. 

• Upvote 2
Incorrigible1
BFF Donor

"Nothing more."

I vociferously disagree. It's the pedestal of bigfoot evidence.

• Like 1
starchunk
16 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

"Nothing more."

And still unproven either way. We need the body live or dead. Bigfooting has no sacred cows.

Edited by starchunk
SweatyYeti
53 minutes ago, starchunk said:

And still unproven either way. We need the body live or dead. Bigfooting has no sacred cows.

Some folks are still waiting for proof that the earth is a globe...(and not flat.)   To others...it is a proven fact. ;) 

starchunk
1 minute ago, SweatyYeti said:

Some folks are still waiting for proof that the earth is a globe...(and not flat.)   To others...it is a proven fact. ;) 

Actually..... gravity slightly compresses both poles making the Earth a slight ovoid, so it's neither

• Downvote 1
OkieFoot
56 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

"Nothing more."

Agreed. I think it's been called the "best evidence", so far. The film has a figure that can be analyzed, and it has been by many people, some scientists included. You can't measure key aspects like body proportions or arm length or arm proportions or how a creature walks or shoulder width just using a written report of a sighting.

And so far, after 51+ years, all the analysis points the same direction. 

starchunk
9 minutes ago, OkieFoot said:

Agreed. I think it's been called the "best evidence", so far. The film has a figure that can be analyzed, and it has been by many people, some scientists included. You can't measure key aspects like body proportions or arm length or arm proportions or how a creature walks or shoulder width just using a written report of a sighting.

And so far, after 51+ years, all the analysis points the same direction. 

Disagree. it hasn't really been proven either way. 

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor locked and unlocked this topic
  • gigantor locked this topic
  • gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic