Daniel Perez

P-G Filmsite, 1967 and 2018

SweatyYeti
4 hours ago, starchunk said:

Actually..... gravity slightly compresses both poles making the Earth a slight ovoid, so it's neither

Too bad you're not as discerning, when it comes to the differences between a real creature.....and a laugh-a-minute suit. 

SackScratch
On 10/23/2018 at 11:42 PM, norseman said:

I have a ponderosa snag on the ranch still standing thats almost as old as I am...... And hand split cedar fence posts probably pushing 100 years old.

The untreated wood fence posts holding up the barbed wire fence separating the trailer park I live in from the wilderness area next to it were put in the ground about 56 years ago and never replaced according to the owner who's 83 years old! Vines and Trees have grown up around them in most places but they're still there after all these years! If not seen with my own eyes I would have assumed that dry-rot and termites would have dissolved those fence posts long ago!

• Thanks 1

SackScratch
On 10/3/2019 at 8:49 AM, OkieFoot said:

I just think what discrepancies there are between Roger's and Bob's accounts isn't a matter of one must be right and one must be wrong; any digging isn't going to lead anywhere. Imagine if Roger's and Bob's stories years apart were almost identical with very few discrepancies. People are free to knock themselves out with these details but my main point is it won't lead anywhere and isn't going to change anything. As I said before; the film was shipped out, it got developed and Al D. had the film at his house on the 22nd.; nothing in the details will undo this. For me, the developed film that can be analyzed is the bottom line.

That's why I mention the alligator and the swamp story, it does have practical applications. 

If Bob H. said they left camp around 10:30 and since he only needed one take, couldn't they have done their casting and been in Willow Creek by 1:30 to 2:00 in the afternoon? ;)

Luckily their names weren't... 

Sweaty and Sack!!! 

Edited by SackScratch
misspelled word!
  • Upvote 1

SackScratch

Sweaty and Sack... 

... Road out that Day... 

Backdoc

FYI

Oct 20th is just 6 days away.   

If anyone is doing any experiment of sun angles, daylight, and so on you have just 6 days to get your homework ready.

This year I am going to try to pay special attention to a later time of filming 3:30 vs 1pm since a later filming time has been offered.

SweatyYeti
3 hours ago, Backdoc said:

FYI

Oct 20th is just 6 days away.   

If anyone is doing any experiment of sun angles, daylight, and so on you have just 6 days to get your homework ready.

This year I am going to try to pay special attention to a later time of filming 3:30 vs 1pm since a later filming time has been offered.

Good idea, and suggestion, Backdoc. ;)  

I'll try to do some experimenting, with a replication of different scenarios....involving the 'time of day'...tree angles....and path angles.

But, such replications don't have to be right on the 20th....they can be done a few days before, or after.  The sun angles don't change all that much, from one day to the next. 

One thing is for sure....you'll see that a 1:00 to 1:30 'filming time' will not replicate the direction of the shadows seen in the PGF.