P-G Filmsite, 1967 and 2018

Daniel Perez

SweatyYeti
7 hours ago, OkieFoot said:

Sweaty, I'm sure there are some that will be elated at a later than 1:30 filming time and will try to make a lot of hay out of it. However, I think there is one thing everyone needs to keep in mind: Regardless of just what time the filming was done, it cannot change two important facts; Roger and Bob showed up at Al Hodgson's store later on the same day as the encounter, on the 20th, after casting the tracks; and the developed film was viewed by several people at Al DeAtley's house on Sunday, the 22nd. 

These events cannot get undone.  

Very true, Okie.  :) 

I'm not sure as to what time they said they arrived at Hodgson's store. All I recall, is that it was closed when they got there.

One ramification of a significantly later filming time, that just occurred to me earlier today...is that it leaves no time for Roger to have created a false trackway.

As it appears now...they barely had time to do the things they did...and then drive out, and arrive at Hodgson's store...at the time they claimed.

So, the only scenario in which the trackway was a faked trackway...is one in which they actually shot the film on an earlier day....and then spent Friday, the 20th, "creating a false trackway".

But, on the positive side...if it were able to be proven that he film was shot on Friday, the 20th....then the film must be legit...because there was nowhere near enough time available for them to create an entire fake trackway, that same day.  

Edited by SweatyYeti
SweatyYeti

One really nice thing, about a later filming time....is that it obliterates Bob Heironimus' claim, of "being Patty"....as he claims the film was shot in the morning:

"I was tired—it was about a 12-, 13-hour drive down there. So I crawled up in the back of the truck and went to sleep. 
We got up the next morning and had coffee and messed around there for a little while. And then we saddled the horses. I got on the back of one of the horses and we put the suit—it was in a sack—on the back of the other horse and we went up the road aways to this place they had picked out and got off and, you know, looked around a little bit to see if anybody was around. 

Another interview:

"The next morning we got up and they made coffee and saddled up the horses, put the Bigfoot suit on the back of one of the horses. We went about half a mile from where they were camped, up into this place where they had picked out before I got there, to film the Bigfoot film. We unloaded the suit, and of course they helped me in it."

Another interview:

"The next morning we got up, saddled the horses, put the suit on the back of one horse. I jumped on the back of Bob or Roger—I don’t remember which—and we rode up to where they had a film site picked out."
So I jumped down this hole, told ’em to get this thing offa me. They stripped the suit offa me, we loaded it back up. This was about 11 o’clock, 12 o’clock in the morning." 

Another interview:

"So we got there. And the next morning we got up about ten o’clock I think it was—sat around there until about ten o’clock—saddled up the horses. I rode on the back of one of them, I think my old horse, with Bob or Roger, I forgot which one. The other one had the suit in the sack, in a big kind of a hop sack—we had the large sacks for baking the hops in under."

https://www.pdf-archive.com/2014/11/03/heironimus-interviews/heironimus-interviews.pdf

So, according to Bob H....they left camp to shoot the film....in the morning....sometime around 10 -12:00. 

Sorry, "Bigfoot" Bob.....you're way off the mark. :) 

Edited by SweatyYeti
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, SweatyYeti said:

I'm not sure as to what time they said they arrived at Hodgson's store. All I recall, is that it was closed when they got there.

One ramification of a significantly later filming time, that just occurred to me earlier today...is that it leaves no time for Roger to have created a false trackway.

As it appears now...they barely had time to do the things they did...and then drive out, and arrive at Hodgson's store...at the time they claimed.

So, the only scenario in which the trackway was a faked trackway...is one in which they actually shot the film on an earlier day....and then spent Friday, the 20th, "creating a false trackway".

But, on the positive side...if it were able to be proven that he film was shot on Friday, the 20th....then the film must be legit...because there was nowhere near enough time available for them to create an entire fake trackway, that same day.  

I went back to see what I could find about arriving at Al H.'s store.

In Bob's 1992 interview with John Green he told John it was "good and dark" and said "I imagine it was about 8:30 or 9:00 o'clock." 

In Wiki, it says they met up with Al H. at his store "at approximately 6:30pm". I looked at the source for this and it showed someone named McLeod was quoting Al Hodgson himself from an interview. My impression has been Roger interrupted Al H.'s dinner preparations when he called him, which fits more with around 6:30. Is this correct? Or have I dreamed this?

I tend to think it wasn't as late as Bob thought. It would have been a two hour drive to Eureka and back to ship the film. Let's say they left the store at 8:45pm; if we allow a little time for Roger to take care of the shipping, they would have got to the Ranger Station about 11:00pm at the earliest. That would be a pretty late meeting. Per Wiki, they arrived at the Ranger Station about 9:00pm (per Chris Murphy.) Wiki (per Chris Murphy) also said Roger called the newspaper reporter while at the Ranger Station. Would a call this late have still given the reporter enough time to get Roger's story in the next day's edition? We know for sure Roger's story appeared in the Oct. 21st edition. 

Interesting point about a fake trackway. They would have to be sure to keep a consistent stride length, consistent track length and consistent depth for the whole trackway; all while putting nonhuman characteristics in the tracks. And leave no evidence behind that they were faked. Surely that wouldn't be hard to accomplish.;)

• Upvote 1
SweatyYeti
26 minutes ago, OkieFoot said:

In Bob's 1992 interview with John Green he told John it was "good and dark" and said "I imagine it was about 8:30 or 9:00 o'clock." 

In Wiki, it says they met up with Al H. at his store "at approximately 6:30pm". I looked at the source for this and it showed someone named McLeod was quoting Al Hodgson himself from an interview. My impression has been Roger interrupted Al H.'s dinner preparations when he called him, which fits more with around 6:30. Is this correct? Or have I dreamed this?

I tend to think it wasn't as late as Bob thought. It would have been a two hour drive to Eureka and back to ship the film. Let's say they left the store at 8:45pm; if we allow a little time for Roger to take care of the shipping, they would have got to the Ranger Station about 11:00pm at the earliest. That would be a pretty late meeting. Per Wiki, they arrived at the Ranger Station about 9:00pm (per Chris Murphy.) Wiki (per Chris Murphy) also said Roger called the newspaper reporter while at the Ranger Station. Would a call this late have still given the reporter enough time to get Roger's story in the next day's edition? We know for sure Roger's story appeared in the Oct. 21st edition. 

Very interesting, Okie. :) 

I don't see anything there that is in-compatable with a mid-afternoon filming time....(especially considering that they were still on Daylight Savings Time.)  On that date....sunset was at about 6:30....with dusk at about 7:00. So, Bob Gimlin's recollection of it being "good and dark" would be consistent with a time that was late in the evening.

What I recall, of the course of events that evening...was that they first drove to Hodgson's store....which was closed, when they got there. From the store, they called Al at his home, and talked with him. They then drove out to Eureka, to have the film flown to Yakima...and then drove back to Al's store, and met with him...and a friend of Al's.

The meeting with Al is probably what Bob is remembering as being "around  8:30 or 9:00".

I'm not sure what the driving time would have been, from their camp...to Hodgson's store...but, it doesn't seem like there is a major conflict between the 'filming time'....and their first arrival at the store. 

Interesting point about a fake trackway. They would have to be sure to keep a consistent stride length, consistent track length and consistent depth for the whole trackway; all while putting nonhuman characteristics in the tracks. And leave no evidence behind that they were faked. Surely that wouldn't be hard to accomplish.;)

Well, there just wasn't enough time, by late afternoon....for Roger to have made such a complex, and realistic trackway....as you just pointed out. :drinks:  

35 minutes ago, OkieFoot said:

I'd agree that the earlier timeline make more sense if the PGF is real, the miles put down in the truck they were driving, time would be of the essence to pull off the viewing.  

BFF Donor
4 hours ago, SweatyYeti said:

When did Bob Hoaxing Heironimus say they filmed it?  1, 2, 2:30?  I know he claimed after that, Bob and Roger then went back to fake the prints/tracks.

Edited by Backdoc
SweatyYeti
21 minutes ago, Backdoc said:

When did Bob Hoaxing Heironimus say they filmed it?  1, 2, 2:30?  I know he claimed after that, Bob and Roger then went back to fake the prints/tracks.

I posted a few quotes of Bob's, just a few posts above, Backdoc.  :) 

He claims the film was shot in the morning.....around 11:00 to 12:00. 

BFF Donor
39 minutes ago, SweatyYeti said:

I posted a few quotes of Bob's, just a few posts above, Backdoc.  :) 

He claims the film was shot in the morning.....around 11:00 to 12:00. 

Yes you did and I missed it.  

ThinkAboutPools

What was the rush in getting the film developed? Real or hoax you'd be anxious to see what you captured on film but why the hurried, breakneck pace to get the film developed?

BFF Donor
On 9/24/2019 at 6:35 PM, OkieFoot said:

We must have the same dreams. I seem to think I saw a video interview on YouTube where he was interviewed.  Al has stating something along the lines where he was just getting reading to fix some hotdogs for dinner.   

Maybe I am dreaming that as well.  What I love about the BFF is if I wait long enough someone (skeptic or believer) will always jump in and give us the detail on things like this point.  They can tell me if I am dreaming as well.

Edited by Backdoc
32 minutes ago, Backdoc said:

My impression has been Roger interrupted Al H.'s dinner preparations when he called him, which fits more with around 6:30. Is this correct? Or have I dreamed this?

The arrival time (of 6:00 - 6:30)  by P and G has not really been in dispute. They arrived shortly after he had closed the store which was at 6:00.

The controversy lies in whether P and G had already been to Eureka at that point to mail the film or whether it was done after their visit at Willow Creek.

Patterson, Gimlin and Hodgson all have differing accounts of this particular part of the timeline.

6 hours ago, ThinkAboutPools said:

What was the rush in getting the film developed? Real or hoax you'd be anxious to see what you captured on film but why the hurried, breakneck pace to get the film developed?

We can only speculate.

To me it makes no sense whatsoever.

If the film is what it is claimed to be I would protect that film at all costs.

Haste makes waste.

• Upvote 1
BFF Donor
48 minutes ago, OldMort said:

If the film is what it is claimed to be I would protect that film at all costs.

Haste makes waste.

I am the Monday morning QB who will say what I imagine I would do.   Naturally I have no real Idea what I would really do:

-I do not mail the film off.  If I thought I had Bigfoot on film I would not mail that film off. I would protect it like my life depended on it.  I would not let it out of my site.  I would hand deliver it to the place of development and wait right there for the film to get right back in my hands.  

-I would make several copies on the spot once I confirmed I had hit that home run.   I would hold on to the original and not let it be shown but only show a copy should there be an issue where the film gets stuck like back in grade school science class.

-I would save some of Reel #2 for the next encounter in hopes I catch it again since I could not be certain I got bigfoot on film.  That is, film things like the track way and stomp test fully and then stop.  Save what is left.

-Though exhausted, I would now stick around another few days and try to get at least prints (the reason I was there to begin with) on film.  I would hope I would catch it again.  (I am assuming I am Gimlin in that example since I -not being Gimlin or Roger- would get the heck out of there before nightfall.  I would be afraid such a thing might get to me while I slept).

-I would use Gimlin ability to try to track it to try to see it again out of amazement and to try to get more footage of it.   If I had other city slicker like me, I would look for maybe an hour and lacking tracking skills would leave.

-I would NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE trust to mail the film unless it was hand-carried to someone.  <--- That would be a very short list.

-I would NEVER EVER EVER allow the film to be developed by any means other than the 'Mayo Clinic' of film developing.  You only get one chance to make that right.  There is No way I use some underground lab if that was even an option which it likely was not.  That is, I would never develop the film under any circumstance which in any way would threaten a good result and ruin the film in whole or in part.  So long as that lab was a better lab than what I normally used I would use it.  If it was equal to what I used I would use the lab I was most familiar with.

-After the encounter I would know where my gun was and keep it closer than before the encounter.

• Upvote 1

Good post BD.   That’s why I stay intrigued by the film, such an amazing film with a shady story in my opinion.   Fun to speculate about.

I agree with all of the above BD...

There was no reason whatsoever to rush anything.

As it stands,  if his alleged scenario is indeed true, Patterson risked many catastrophic outcomes.

Roger in his haste, risked:

1) Having the film lost or stolen during the "airmailing" or whatever it allegedly was.

He also could have saved himself a great deal of inconvenience and money by holding on to the film rather than shipping it off.

2) Having the film incorrectly processed either by an under the table rush job in a licensed lab or by means of one of the yet to be verified, mythical "bootleg" operations.  

3) The film could also have been lost, stolen or damaged after processing and there's a fair chance that illicit copies of such an important film could be pirated prior to pick-up of the original.

4) P and G left their horses alone to fend for themselves for at least 6 or 7 hours, this in close proximity to where they had just filmed a bigfoot and according to Gimlin had tracked 2 others.

There are also cougars, bears, coyotes and possibly other humans in the area.

Roger risked his entire "future" on this decision.

As it turned out he didn't need to do any of it:

He could have simply held on the film and delivered it to Technicolor NW on Sunday evening and had it processed there that evening during their regular business hours.

He could have waited around if he was concerned about security and the film could have been processed for $20 or less. No need for DeAtley to shell out thousands.

Bottom LIne: The film would have been ready for viewing some time on Monday morning. With all the huge risks involved, Patterson gained about 12 to 15 hours.

Edited by OldMort
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor locked and unlocked this topic
  • gigantor locked this topic
  • gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic