Go ahead and get your Google Pixel 3s!

NatFoot

BFF Patron

Just discovered without my knowledge my cell phone data and pictures were being saved to the cloud.    I did not set that up.  Some update turned on that feature.    I would not have known except the greedy bastards said my cloud was getting full and wanted to know if I wanted to buy more storage room.

Like any camera,  if you make exposures long enough in a cell phone camera you can get exposures in low light.    But long exposure images are no good for photographing something that moves.    Movement of the camera during exposure becomes a problem too.     FIrst of all the light gathering qualities of cell cameras are extremely limited by the tiny lenses.    You can provide souped up digital arrays and long exposures to compensate but with night photography bigger lens is better.    Extrapolate that explains why giant telescopes are used to gather images of faint galaxies 

• Upvote 1

Wow, pretty impressive but it does look like picture quality suffers a little bit.

While not a bad idea to be wary of Google, as Nat said, you need to be wary of EVERY type of technology that is connected to any network.   They are all mining data, its the world we live in.    

• 5 weeks later...

There are ways of masking your internet queries.  Just make sure the company you download from is reputable.  Try 1.1.1.1 from Cloudflare.  Works pretty well and has no learning curve. (I don't work there btw)

Here is the geekspeak: https://www.cloudflare.com/learning/dns/what-is-1.1.1.1/

as for autosaving to the cloud, just have to be wise to it.  Yet something else we are opted into without consent.

• Like 1