The Long Walk

norseman

Maybe like the Yeti, Bigfoot needs to cross mountain passes from time to time into the next fertile valley?

More Himalayas pics.

E657AA8E-9EF2-4ED5-A2AC-99021B986D67.jpeg

F0E7ADDD-0FF4-4DB0-A3EC-99F9FC3698A2.jpeg

1A6CF468-5C04-4028-A98A-26A11C22445A.jpeg

Edited by gigantor
Removed copyrighted pic

Admin

There are some doubts as to the accuracy and credibility of the story and author:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sławomir_Rawicz

I recall reading the report or some of it, was interestin' if I recall. There's a movie about it called The Way Back, not sure if the yeti sighting is in it. 

Image result for the way back

“Two points struck me immediately. They were enormous and they walked on their hind legs. The picture is clear in my mind, stuck there indelibly by a solid two hours of observation. We just could not believe what we saw at first, so we stayed to watch… I set myself to estimating their height on the basis of my military training for artillery observation. They could not have been much less than eight feet tall. One was a few inches taller than the other, in the relation of the average man to the average woman. They were shuffling quietly round on a flattish shelf

Image result for the way back yeti

1 hour ago, norseman said:

I thought Patty did? Krantz and Meldrum both proposed a different knee mechanism and walking style to explain the difference in locomotion. And I thought the single line track way was a product of it?

Himalayas

Also, look at the south side of the Himalayas versus the north side in the rain shadow. Very similar to what we see with the Cascades except East and West orientation.

Walk about 20 feet in a straight line and then watch this stabilized version (or any of them on YT)  of Patty walking.  I think you will agree with me afterwards.  

Edited by NCBFr

41 minutes ago, norseman said:

I was told it is not.

Yep, can confirm it is not. They don't spend much time at all on their last part of the trek over the Himalayas.

2 hours ago, NatFoot said:

I meant that I've done the fox walk many times before and it wasn't always one foot directly in front of the other. Maybe I was doing it wrong?!? Would explain why I never bagged a monster buck! :D

Nah, you weren't doing it wrong, NatFoot, because  I never bagged a monster buck either LOL. :D 

• Haha 1

Admin
9 hours ago, norseman said:

Are you refering to Witold Glinski’s claim it was him that made the trek?

There is that, although that has been refuted more or less. This story seems to cast doubt on it:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/6098218.stm

I have no idea if it is a true story or not, just wanted to point out some have "issues" with it. I have not read it but want to at some point. I became of aware of this book some time back and it has been on my list ever since.

8 hours ago, VAfooter said:

There is that, although that has been refuted more or less. This story seems to cast doubt on it:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/6098218.stm

I have no idea if it is a true story or not, just wanted to point out some have "issues" with it. I have not read it but want to at some point. I became of aware of this book some time back and it has been on my list ever since.

I would think that once in India and in the care of the British army? Somesort of paper trail should show up.

I wouldn't trust Soviet documents as far as I could throw them.....

20 hours ago, NCBFr said:

Walk about 20 feet in a straight line and then watch this stabilized version (or any of them on YT)  of Patty walking.  I think you will agree with me afterwards.  

Ive got vertigo bud so Im gonna have to rain check any walking tests. I walk with the aid of a walking stick right now.

Check this vid out at about 4:20 or so. It shows I think Pattys trackway and its straight line characteristics.

Admin
5 hours ago, norseman said:

I wouldn't trust Soviet documents as far as I could throw them.....

True....

On 10/27/2018 at 3:22 PM, NCBFr said:

.......Patty certainly didn't walk that way........

Are you sure about that? Seems to me that Patterson Reel #2 showed the trackway in the riverbed, and it was a straight line pattern, just like the ones on the sides of the logging roads in the area that Green filmed and photographed earlier.

23 hours ago, norseman said:

I was told it is not.

I’ve seen the movie. It was a good movie, but the yeti story was not in it.

• gigantor unfeatured this topic