The Long Walk

norseman

After further review, I could be mistaken.  I was thinking about short, very precise straight steps like walking a gymnastic balance beam where you have to really bring one foot around the other.  The BF strides are so far apart that you really do not have to do much with your steps to get a trackway that is approximately straight.  

• Upvote 1

I didn’t google up Reel #2, and am just going off memory, so I could also be mistaken. But if it was that straight line pattern with the ridiculously long stride, that strengthens both the Patterson event itself as well as other trackways like it, because the Patterson trackway is supported by both video of the creature putting it there as well as multiple independent people confirming that it was there including the very (and conspicuously quiet) Lyle Laverty, who photographed a print (which famously made it into the public sphere without so much as a single public peep by the photographer, the only government official involved).

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, NCBFr said:

After further review, I could be mistaken.  I was thinking about short, very precise straight steps like walking a gymnastic balance beam where you have to really bring one foot around the other.  The BF strides are so far apart that you really do not have to do much with your steps to get a trackway that is approximately straight.  

I remember Meldrum or Krantz talking about how the knees articulated in step to create the “in line” trackway. Dont remember where I saw it though.

If Meldrum is involved. Credibility is out the window. On the other hand.I am a Krantz fan even though he fell for the crippled foot hoax. 

• Downvote 1

I disagree on both counts.

1) If Meldrum did any work on Patty’s walking style, that work has no merit. Why would that be?

2) That Krantz fell for a “hoax”. The only thing that was proven a hoax was the Marx film of a crippled Bigfoot that came way after the discovery of the trackway. Thanks to Peter Byrne. The trackway itself has never been proven to be a hoax. Quite the opposite. 1089 tracks in the trackway were found in snow, with some reports finding tracks on the other side of the Columbia river. No small feat. I’ve addressed this before. If you have evidence to the contrary then lets have it.

5F6A218E-C5BA-414A-B60D-B71C4C0C8478.png

• Upvote 1

He is easily fooled by hoaxes such as the snow walker. He has been associated with Standing. Only seeks paid appearances. Turned down an interview here unlike Cliff from Not Finding Bigfoot.  Not a fan. 

Ivan Marx 

Had the means to study feet anatomy and did fake the video. The crippled foot use to be my second favorite evidence until I found out Marx was involved. 

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin

3 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

He is easily fooled by hoaxes such as the snow walker. He has been associated with Standing. Only seeks paid appearances. Turned down an interview here unlike Cliff from Not Finding Bigfoot.  Not a fan. 

Ivan Marx 

Had the means to study feet anatomy and did fake the video. The crippled foot use to be my second favorite evidence until I found out Marx was involved. 

Fan or not. Jeff Meldrum is a respected scientist that specializes in primate locomotion. I do not see how being duped from watching a grainy video of a supposed Yeti has any correlation with his study and validation of the Bossburg tracks. Concerning Standing? Bindernagel also went to investigate Standings area. Does this discredit everything Bindernagel had compiled on the subject? I think thats what scientists go do.....they go look at claims. If a scientist was tarred and feathered everytime he rubbed shoulders with a huckster in this field? He would be like the rest and stay far away. I respect the ones that roll up their sleeves and charge in. Not all of us are crazy.... 

Ivan Marx hoaxed a video absolutely! How he hoaxed a trackway of almost 1100 footprints in snow that crossed a four strand barbwire fence on two occasions, down a very steep slippery slope and across the largest river in western north America? And construct stompers that duped both Krantz and Meldrum? Remains to seen. Evidently his genius in hoaxing was in track making and not videography?

While I understand your concern that Marx pulled a hoax, this came after the finding of the trackway, and may very well inspired it. May I inquire what means did Marx have to study primate foot anatomy?

You make a good case for him and his expertise in locomotion. 

I have followed his work. A nice collection of tracks included. 

I know scientists like him that are in it for TV appearances and attention. 

If he was dedicated to the research as people seem to think. He would have spoke here for free

As for Bindernagel  I have read his books and watched his videos. He gets a pass.I am a fan.Lol 

Marx had the resources to study feet anatomy. Money and friendsand I agree. He should have stuck to hoaxing prints and not films. 

1100 or 11 tracks can be faked and so can both sides of barbed wire fences. 

40 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

......and so can both sides of barbed wire fences

Heh, heh, wouldn't want to be the one stepping over one just to fake a trackway ;) 

32 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

You make a good case for him and his expertise in locomotion. 

I have followed his work. A nice collection of tracks included. 

I know scientists like him that are in it for TV appearances and attention. 

If he was dedicated to the research as people seem to think. He would have spoke here for free

As for Bindernagel  I have read his books and watched his videos. He gets a pass.I am a fan.Lol 

Marx had the resources to study feet anatomy. Money and friendsand I agree. He should have stuck to hoaxing prints and not films. 

1100 or 11 tracks can be faked and so can both sides of barbed wire fences. 

Regardless of Meldrum's motivations? It cannot be dismissed that he is an expert in primate locomotion. And its his expert opinion that the tracks are valid. Not only that? But as someone who has studied both early hominid fossilized tracks and Sasquatch tracks? He sees similar characteristics in both. Some of which would not have been known to Marx in 1969.

Marx may have studied human feet, but Sasquatch tracks are characterized by a mid tarsal break and not a longitudinal arch like human feet. I dont really see where this would be relevent to him pulling off a convincing hoax. Quite the opposite. 

In snow? How do you propose it was done in snow? Your going to leave man sized boot prints each time you take the stompers on and off to supposedly climb over or around obstacles too hard to surmount while wearing stompers. Which would be hardly convincing to anyone.

And 1100 stomps in wet snow with heavy stompers, plus tall obstacles like fences should increase the risk of slipping and falling. Putting a knee down, or a hand down to catch yourself which destroys the illusion of a giant striding through the forest.

12 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

I have not faked tracks, but I have stepped over barbed wire fences. 

LOL, I'll bet P-G. I'm a full foot shorter than you or better. They would STILL be unpinning my.......uh....... I mean ME, yeah that's it........off the thing

Edited by hiflier

2 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

I have not faked tracks, but I have stepped over barbed wire fences. 

I faked tracks one time.

I was about 14 years old, done with my wood shop projects early and was bored. I cut out two pine boards in the shape of feet with our schools band saw. I nailed an old pair of my dads work boots to them.

One night I snuck into my aunt and uncles garden, that they meticulously hoed and weeded daily. I made a very large loop, jumping from foot to foot and periodically stopping to pull off an ear of corn or a carrot out of the ground and messily munch on it and drop the remainder of it.

My aunt who is my moms sister went to the garden in the morning. Discovered my skullduggery and made a bee line for the house where my uncle was working on the porch. She insisted he come down to look at the tracks. At first he laughed at her and refused.... she persisted and once she got him down to the garden he exploded for her to get back to the house and he herded her back as he went to fetch his rifle. After retrieving the rifle and heading back to the garden he told her to call the Sheriff.

My aunt instead decided to call her sister.... my mom first. Who was in on the prank. While jabbering quite excitedly about strange tracks in the garden my mom could no longer take it and erupted in laughter.

Luckily the law was never called for my sake :)

One thing I learned from that night was that stomping around in soft dirt wasnt as easy as you would think. At least to produce a believeable stride length. And I would have never attempted it with those slick pine boards in snow.

I still have one of the stompers in my barn. 

• Haha 2

Hiflier you are awesome and funny. 

Norse you are one cool dude. 

I was wrong to dismiss Meldrum as an expert in primate locomotion. I Am biased because as I said being a scientist I know his type in all fields.  So do my peers. He is an attention hound as we like to call them.

I am very surprised you faked tracks. 

Thanks for sharing that. 

We may disagree on the authenticity of the faked tracks, but we certainly agree on the proof is only achieved by a body on a slab. 

It has to bother you that no DNA, no scat,no  fossils here in America, no roadkill, no nothing but anecdotal evidence. All this time before and after the PGF and it remains the best ever. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Hiflier you are awesome and funny. 

Norse you are one cool dude. 

I was wrong to dismiss Meldrum as an expert in primate locomotion. I Am biased because as I said being a scientist I know his type in all fields.  So do my peers. He is an attention hound as we like to call them.

I am very surprised you faked tracks. 

Thanks for sharing that. 

We may disagree on the authenticity of the faked tracks, but we certainly agree on the proof is only achieved by a body on a slab. 

It has to bother you that no DNA, no scat,no  fossils here in America, no roadkill, no nothing but anecdotal evidence. All this time before and after the PGF and it remains the best ever. 

I promise I only did it once to relatives on private property as a prank. As an adult my only goal is to get to the truth.....not muddy the waters. But Im actually glad now I did do the prank because it gives me some experience as to what is easily hoaxed and what is not.

Look at the mystery this way PG? IF Patty is real? Then she leaves footprints of her passing in the forest. If Patty is real? Not every trackway encountered is a hoax. Thats logic. I CANNOT PROVIDE SCIENCE WITH A BODY AS A HUNTER UNLESS I FOLLOW GOOD SIGN. So with that said? Am I more inclined to invest a lot of time hunting at a spot where I found one track in some mud with boot prints and tire tracks close by? Or am I going to invest my time on a trackway that has 1100 tracks in it in snow that crosses rough terrain and barb wire fences seemingly with ease?

Which one is vastly easier to hoax?

My 1984 pine board stompers would not have got the job done in Bossburg in 1969. Not in snow. I would have slipped and fell alot. Especially the more you try to lengthen the stride and navigate obstacles like fences. When I pranked my relatives? I carrried the stompers to the garden, put em on, walked in the soft dirt, made a loop and left the way I came, sitting down and taking the off. 

No way I could have accomplished this in snow. Because any idiot could then see my boot prints to the edge of the garden. The sign I left sitting down to put them on, the loop of stomper tracks in the garden, and then sitting back down to take them off and the boot tracks leaving the area.

I get really interested when I see Sasquatch tracks with absolutely no sign of humans anywhere close by. But personally have only encountered it once in my life in deep snow. And was too young to do anything about it.

• Upvote 1

• gigantor unfeatured this topic