BobbyO

State with the most Class A's ?

State with the most Class A's ?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

MindSquatch

SWWASAS pretty much said what I was going to say, although there's a lot of Bigfoot's in the Sierra's, more than what most believe there is. The food sources are more diverse especially with acorns with a lot of livestock that graze in the Sierra's. Then you have the Trinity Alps with remote rugged mountains going all the way to the coast to the Oregon border, and south of the Trinity Alps going all the way down to Clear lake and over to the coast, it's a big state with more areas south of the Bay Area. More roads with more road crossings and open areas.

Edited by MindSquatch

MIB

I have a funny feeling it is Texas or Florida.    It's reports, not necessarily bigfoots.   

My suspicion is, so far as actual bigfoots, probably Washington, Oregon, and California in that order.

MIB

BobbyO
SSR Team

Sooooooo. ;)

Perception v Reality in all its glory (except for maybe MIB's funny feeling) right here, with 94% of us being wrong, including yours truly who as per usual had his WA State glasses on when voting.

With 2,580 Class A Reports from 1850 to April 2018 Locked and Loaded in the Database, It's the great State of Texas that leads the way with more Class A Reports than any other State, with WA State coming in a very close second.

Interesting to note that only 12% of those TX Reports have come in the last 10 years, compare that to WA State which is at 18% of its Reports coming from the last 10 years.

Looking at the last 20 years we are at 50% and 47% respectively.

gigantor

classa-states.jpg

Texas?  only two things come out of Texas...  err.. never mind.

That's surprising.

Redbone
14 hours ago, MIB said:

I have a funny feeling it is Texas or Florida.    It's reports, not necessarily bigfoots.   

My suspicion is, so far as actual bigfoots, probably Washington, Oregon, and California in that order.

MIB

This is spot on in my opinion. It's reports...

The work goes on in the SSR but as of today here's where things fall out.

Washington = 248 Class A reports, 19 of which come from sources other that BFRO. (7.6%)

Texas = 251 Class A report, 119 of which come from sources other than BFRO (47.4%)

This is due in large part to the reports found in NAWAC (woodape.org), GCBRO, and TEXLA.

While none of these groups are completely represented yet in the SSR, they all contribute greatly to the Texas numbers.

When it's all said and done, Pennsylvania and Kentucky can make gains because of groups focused in those state.

If we look at Class A reports from BFRO ONLY, it breaks out like so: (Texas comes in 6th)

WA 229

CA 174

FL 152

OH 149

IL 135

TX 132

OR 108

Hawaii = ZERO

1650463276_BFROClassA.thumb.png.51795b5ece548dbd526f7a6d84107b3d.png

BobbyO
SSR Team

Leave Hawaii alone lol.

I see what you mean Red for sure, i'm just not overly convinced that the reason the TX Class A's reports are pretty high is because there are different outlets (websites) to actually report to, unless of course the NAWAC's of this world utilise third-hand accounts which would automatically grade as a Class C where the BFRO are concerned via their classification parameters and not Class A.

If i was to see a Sasquatch today in TX and wanted to submit a report of it online and typed in "Report Bigfoot sighting in Texas" in to Google, it's the BFRO that i'm getting in my face on Page One, not NAWAC et all.

So long as these Reports are individual, specific reports, which we know they are, then it is what it is imo and more research should be done where these TX numbers are concerned to the "Why's", 'Where's" and "How's".

16 minutes ago, Redbone said:

Washington = 248 Class A reports, 19 of which come from sources other that BFRO. (7.6%)

Oh and i'm thinking i'll have to absolutely re-visit oregonbigfoot.com again as i know she has a heck of a lot more Reports on there than that kind of number, and i'd highly doubt so many are not Class A's..

Redbone
25 minutes ago, BobbyO said:

Oh and i'm thinking i'll have to absolutely re-visit oregonbigfoot.com again as i know she has a heck of a lot more Reports on there than that kind of number, and i'd highly doubt so many are not Class A's..

Curious, I looked for the 19 non-BFRO Washington Class A reports (which is not exactly easy to find)

9 = John Green

6 = Bigfoot Casebook

1 = Oregon Bigfoot

1 = Bigfoot Encounters

1 = SRI (SRI is a web sight that is no longer active, but had very thoroughly investigated reports saved at webarchive.com) (Bigfoot Forums Discussion)

1 = Cliff Barackman

I have not been able to do the same for Texas yet to see where they all come from.

Edit: Turns out that this was really easy: 119 non-BFRO Class A reports

NAWAC = 102

GCBRO = 13

TEXLA = 4

SWWASAS

If there was a demographic count of BF in a state we could make some relationship of numbers of people to BF sightings and probably have a good idea how to apply it to similar states.    Don't hold your breath for that unless some state accepts existence and conducts a count.    Hi res FLIR similar to what the military has conducted with aircraft searches probably could produce a fairly accurate count.     Possibly LADAR could be used.   

I recall one report out of Oregon about 20 years ago in which a National Guard Helicopter with FLIR was searching for a lost child in the woods.     The child was found.   One TV news report said a that the helicopter crew saw the child with a larger figure.    That raised the question of abduction except that the figure led the child out to ground searchers.      The child said a big hairy man led him out.   The military of course declined comment.    That was long before I had any interest in BF or I would have been interviewing everyone who would talk to me.  

SWWASAS

I have to throw in one fact.    Texas is a big state and has nearly 3 times the population of Washington.      28.7 million.        One would expect that to skew numbers of sightings.   Another factor is human population acceptance.    You are more likely to find members of the population of Oregon and Washington that accept existence of BF.    If you talk to the public if they have not seen a BF they know someone who has.     I keep running into people who learn about my interest and tell me about their or friends and relatives experiences.   No one has reported them.      Because of that I expect many sightings are not reported through any official site.   Texans are likely not to know that BF is present,   think it a bigger deal if they see one, and are probably more likely to report it.     

BobbyO
SSR Team
1 hour ago, SWWASAS said:

If there was a demographic count of BF in a state we could make some relationship of numbers of people to BF sightings and probably have a good idea how to apply it to similar states.    Don't hold your breath for that unless some state accepts existence and conducts a count.    Hi res FLIR similar to what the military has conducted with aircraft searches probably could produce a fairly accurate count.     Possibly LADAR could be used.   

I recall one report out of Oregon about 20 years ago in which a National Guard Helicopter with FLIR was searching for a lost child in the woods.     The child was found.   One TV news report said a that the helicopter crew saw the child with a larger figure.    That raised the question of abduction except that the figure led the child out to ground searchers.      The child said a big hairy man led him out.   The military of course declined comment.    That was long before I had any interest in BF or I would have been interviewing everyone who would talk to me.  

Yep I remember it, Harry Oakes was part of the rescue team and one of the Portland news channels had it, KIRO maybe ?

2 hours ago, Redbone said:

Curious, I looked for the 19 non-BFRO Washington Class A reports (which is not exactly easy to find)

9 = John Green

6 = Bigfoot Casebook

1 = Oregon Bigfoot

1 = Bigfoot Encounters

1 = SRI (SRI is a web sight that is no longer active, but had very thoroughly investigated reports saved at webarchive.com) (Bigfoot Forums Discussion)

1 = Cliff Barackman

I have not been able to do the same for Texas yet to see where they all come from.

Edit: Turns out that this was really easy: 119 non-BFRO Class A reports

NAWAC = 102

GCBRO = 13

TEXLA = 4

I’m amazed there isn’t more on Autumn’s website (oregonbigfoot.com).

Will definitely have to re-visit.

Thanks for this Red..

Huntster
11 hours ago, gigantor said:

.......only two things come out of Texas........

Steers and refined petroleum products?

gigantor
41 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Steers and refined petroleum products?

I was going to say cotton (Texas is the nations #1 cotton producer).  Most of the Class A sightings occur on the East part of Texas.

googleearth_2018-10-30_21-01-13.png

Huntster

My Daddy, who lived in central Louisiana, picked cotton in eastern Texas in the 1930’s and early 1940’s. Picked corn there, too. He said that the biggest rattlesnake he ever saw was in a cornfield there. 

I’m actually pretty impressed with that habitat in the Texas/Oklahoma/Arkansas/Louisiana corners. It fits the sasquatch habitat mold.

• Upvote 1

Old Time Lifter
21 hours ago, Huntster said:

My Daddy, who lived in central Louisiana, picked cotton in eastern Texas in the 1930’s and early 1940’s. Picked corn there, too. He said that the biggest rattlesnake he ever saw was in a cornfield there. 

I’m actually pretty impressed with that habitat in the Texas/Oklahoma/Arkansas/Louisiana corners. It fits the sasquatch habitat mold.

I'm surprised there aren't more sightings listed in Oklahoma.  I thought that there had been many sightings in certain areas.

Another question (though impossible perhaps to answer) is; are certain States more likely to have people report sightings?

All of the sightings that I am aware of from up in South Dakota were never reported to any organization.  They span from the 1960's into the late 1970's and all took place on or near Reservation land and the Missouri River.

So.... are there certain cultural or regional personas that keep people from or incline people to report sightings?

• Upvote 1

Redbone
2 hours ago, Old Time Lifter said:

I'm surprised there aren't more sightings listed in Oklahoma.  I thought that there had been many sightings in certain areas.

Another question (though impossible perhaps to answer) is; are certain States more likely to have people report sightings?

All of the sightings that I am aware of from up in South Dakota were never reported to any organization.  They span from the 1960's into the late 1970's and all took place on or near Reservation land and the Missouri River.

So.... are there certain cultural or regional personas that keep people from or incline people to report sightings?

It's a moving target. There are 17 unclassified reports from NAWAC for Oklahoma right now (but Texas is complete). I don't know yet how many of those 17 are Class A reports, but I'm sure it's enough to give OK quite a boost. Also, Oklahoma entries remain unfinished for GCBRO and Oregon Bigfoot sites, and possibly others.

EDIT: bad numbers were cited above. There are 14 OK NAWAC reports that are actually ALSO BFRO reports so they are accounted for today. 17 "unfinished" but Only 3 remain "unclassified." My bad...

My own experiences on the Omaha Reservation (bordering the Missouri River) in Nebraska are eye opening to say the least. If you spend time there speaking to Omaha people, you find that many (above a certain age) have had some experience or have a relative who has.  My take is that there absolutely is cultural inclination to keep experiences within their own community. I cannot speak for other NA groups as all my interaction is with Omaha Nation.

There was a stalking incident on Monday night... two days ago. I put a recorder up on Sunday at a location where vocals have been heard and window peaking has been reported.

• Upvote 1