BobbyO

State with the most Class A's ?

State with the most Class A's ?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

wiiawiwb
BFF Donor

Aren't the Kiamichi Mountains in Oklahoma an area where a fair amount of sightings have occurred?

Edited by wiiawiwb

Redbone
BFF Donor

OK report map. Red = Class A, Yellow = Class B
The 3 unclassified reports from my last post have been added in. This represents ALL of the NAWAC and BFRO reports. (+1 Oregon BF report)

2147153550_OKReports103118.thumb.jpg.589cbd9cfcde97a31ad7b9f876f496e6.jpg

• Upvote 1

BobbyO
SSR Team

That's some beautiful cluster right there down in those SE OK Mountains, i get a strong feeling that will extend in to Arkansas too..;)

BobbyO
SSR Team

Really interesting locations for that SE OK Cluster actually after looking. Looks to me to be the approximate area of the Upper Kiamichi (and Black Fork) Wilderness area. This area is the Headwaters of the Kiamichi, and home to Black Bear, Bobat and White-Tailed Deer. No roads, no buildings, no vehicles allowed, even bicycles are prohibited.

It doesn't surprise me that there's report clusters there, at all.

And the "headwater" link is imo, beginning to be a key indicator of Sasquatch reports locations. What's even more interesting than just that, is that the possible "headwater" link is now starting to appear not just in the PNW, but all over the North American Continent which i like, a lot.

• Upvote 1

BigTreeWalker
On 11/1/2018 at 3:16 AM, BobbyO said:

And the "headwater" link is imo, beginning to be a key indicator of Sasquatch reports locations. What's even more interesting than just that, is that the possible "headwater" link is now starting to appear not just in the PNW, but all over the North American Continent which i like, a lot.

I agree on the headwaters connection. In the PNW most of the time headwaters are on the sides of mountains or ridges and many times rugged and isolated from roads. If there is a road or trail in the area it's probably located on the ridges above. Many of the creeks and rivers flow into sort of bowl shaped valleys which take a lot of effort to access from above, but provide flatter lower elevation areas at their bottoms. 

SWWASAS and I flew over one such valley and I have yet to make an effort to get in there and check it out. The bones I found with the tooth impressions were at the head of another one of these valleys. So if something wanted to stay secluded and out of sight those headwaters are very good locations for that. 

• Upvote 2

BobbyO
SSR Team

You kept on top of the Olympic Nests Big Tree ? There's a couple of good MonsterX shows about them explaining a lot of detail, and again it all ties in with what you/we are saying here.

BigTreeWalker

They have had some good shows about the nests. There are a couple videos on YouTube I believe of them going in there too. Not sure who did those, Shane Corson or Chris Spencer. But it sure shows how difficult it is to get into those areas. 

CMBigfoot

One reason the Class A's in Oregon are not higher may be because of Peter Byrnes Bigfoot Research Project in 1992-1997? All a person had to do was call the 1-800-BIGFOOT hotline. I wonder how many Class A's he got from Oregon and other states. I really wonder how many Class A's he got and discarded, because maybe the bigfoot was over 8 feet tall and he didn't believe they got that tall, etc. So if a person called the 1-800-BIGFOOT hotline to report their sighting and Peter Byrne and staff didn't believe them, I doubt they would report to the BFRO or Ray Crowe or anyone else. Just my opinion.

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/articles/mcdermott-article.htm

SWWASAS
16 hours ago, BigTreeWalker said:

I agree on the headwaters connection. In the PNW most of the time headwaters are on the sides of mountains or ridges and many times rugged and isolated from roads. If there is a road or trail in the area it's probably located on the ridges above. Many of the creeks and rivers flow into sort of bowl shaped valleys which take a lot of effort to access from above, but provide flatter lower elevation areas at their bottoms. 

SWWASAS and I flew over one such valley and I have yet to make an effort to get in there and check it out. The bones I found with the tooth impressions were at the head of another one of these valleys. So if something wanted to stay secluded and out of sight those headwaters are very good locations for that. 

I could see why that particular hanging valley was of interest to BTW.    It was in an isolated area,   would have been a climb for humans to get up there,   yet the valley itself was lower in elevation than much of the surrounding terrain, and looked like it had running water.      Pretty much of a perfect location for some sort of BF settlement.   

• Upvote 1

BobbyO
SSR Team
On 11/15/2018 at 2:56 PM, CMBigfoot said:

One reason the Class A's in Oregon are not higher may be because of Peter Byrnes Bigfoot Research Project in 1992-1997? All a person had to do was call the 1-800-BIGFOOT hotline. I wonder how many Class A's he got from Oregon and other states. I really wonder how many Class A's he got and discarded, because maybe the bigfoot was over 8 feet tall and he didn't believe they got that tall, etc. So if a person called the 1-800-BIGFOOT hotline to report their sighting and Peter Byrne and staff didn't believe them, I doubt they would report to the BFRO or Ray Crowe or anyone else. Just my opinion.

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/articles/mcdermott-article.htm

Absolutely. We are at the mercy of what those before us did right now.

SWWASAS

Peter Byrnes  has also stated that anyone who claims to have seen more than one BF or had more than one encounter is a liar.       So he likely tossed sighting reports that recurred.   I think he is just sore to have looked for most of his life and never seen one.   

gigantor
BFF Donor

I just did this animation for the Squatchipedia, it gives a pretty good perspective on sightings.

BY-DECADE.gif

• Upvote 2

bipedalist
BFF Patron

Based on that schematic of sightings I instantly see two probable underreported regions.

One, the Cumberland Plateau in Tenn. the other the wildlands of Western NC.  Both areas can have very dense cover and if they don't want to be seen, they won't. 

No way they are less habitable for the target species than N. Georgia for example. 

Odd that I feel roadside sightings in the same two areas may be generally not at the frequency of say the PNW too.  

Edited by bipedalist
  • Upvote 1

BobbyO
SSR Team
On 11/21/2018 at 3:25 AM, bipedalist said:

Based on that schematic of sightings I instantly see two probable underreported regions.

One, the Cumberland Plateau in Tenn. the other the wildlands of Western NC.  Both areas can have very dense cover and if they don't want to be seen, they won't. 

No way they are less habitable for the target species than N. Georgia for example. 

Odd that I feel roadside sightings in the same two areas may be generally not at the frequency of say the PNW too.  

I raise you.......................................... Canada ;)

gigantor
BFF Donor
18 minutes ago, BobbyO said:

I raise you.......................................... Canada ;)

Canada doesn't have States. :biggrin: