Sign in to follow this  
Squatchy McSquatch

New PGF Book

PBeaton

David Hancock is no longer there, figure that's why.

MagniAesir
1 hour ago, langfordbc said:

But unfortunately not as good as they used to be for publishing new titles. They have been very scarce the last few years.

Personally if I was to write a book, I would self-publish

But unfortunately not as good as they used to be for publishing new titles. They have been very scarce the last few years.

Edited by MagniAesir

hiflier
8 hours ago, langfordbc said:

Yes, but the Sasquatch material that they offer, and some of it has indeed been around a while, is pretty danged good and it would be a shame to see that material just disappear. And I agree with MagnAesir. I am glad I have self published. It's a much tougher road though, especially these days if a certain readership is only a small percentage of the whole.

Edited by hiflier

Cotter

Soooo.....MagniAesir...

If you were to write a book, would you self-publish?

:-)

MagniAesir

Lol

I don't know what happened there 

hiflier

The printing company I went with worked with me in a most professional way. They helped me make sure the files for the cover as well as the text pages were in the proper format including their requirement for the text images as well as the color space for the cover. AT NO COST!. The electronic proof had a 1-3 day window to be ready for me to either accept or not. It was done in one day. The actual printing of 25 books as a start had a production time of 11 business days. And I figured another three to four days for ground shipping so looking at the outside? Two weeks or so. They were printing on a Tuesday and the books shipped the following Tuesday which made me very happy.

They were supposed to arrive by the end of the day last Friday but they actually arrived a day earlier. At noon no less. Talk about amazing service. Gave them a top rating in the testimonials as they certainly deserved it. Told them I would definitely be a return customer. There are a lot of Sasquatch books out there but to see one's own in print is a really good feeling. Between family, friends and a few independent local bookstores this first small printing run is pretty much spoken for. The first one went to my friend, a Maine registered fly fishing guide , who did the cover illustration. He deserved the first copy- handed it to him yesterday. Big smile!

Edited by hiflier

Sign in to follow this