Cali209otherworlder

What is the biggest you believe Sasquatches can get? (They get bigger than you think)

Cali209otherworlder

Hello fello BF forum members. I told parts of my story on my introduction post but it got buried in comments and i didn't get back to replying as quickly as i thought i would because of being busy and forgetting. Anyways i want to kno how big you believe (or know) sadquatches can get. I have seen stuff that gives me reason to believe that our hairy hominid relatives are capable of getting substantially bigger than your average believer will say is possible. Most people dont believe they get taller than 10ft tall but i have personally seen a couple of footprints big enough to safelt say that 14-15ft isnt impossible. I almost could not believe what i was seeing. I actually thought the giant print my brother pointed out was some type of combination of various sized ones stepping on the same spot in different direction making it look like one big print (the vast majority of prints werent very good and especially were hard to see on camera). I had just been following the various different sized tracks in circles all around a small portion of the mountain by my friends grandmas cabin for hours and could pretty easily distinguish what was a print even though it wasnt clear at all. It wasnt until we found a print of where the giant hadnt put any weight down and picked his foot up making a very light imprint of his foot  before moving it somewhere else. It is the only print of the big one we have on picture that is decent. Sadly i lost my phone a couple years back at a meshuggah concert and it had all my pictures so whatever my friends that were there also have left is all we have for pictures. And i can only really show you guys the best stuff we have because anything that isnt perfect isnt accepted most of the time and you weren't there to see what we did to know its legit. But anyways how big do you think sasquatches can get up to? 15ft isnt impossible from what I've seen here in California.

MIB

I agree that they get bigger, and probably average bigger, than most people realize because I suspect the behavior that leads to sightings is typical of late juvenile to middle adolescent behavior, not reflective of adults.    I think this skews the size reported.  

Maybe 14 - 15 feet is possible, I can't say it isn't, but I've never seen evidence for anything over 12 feet so I'd be more comfortable saying 12.5 feet with a question mark.

I'd like to know about the tracks you found.   I understand you lost the pictures, but did you bother to measure them?    Anything over about 10.5 feet should deviate in specific ways from the "standard California" track shape.    I'd like to hear about that from your perspective.   I'd also like to hear about heel to heel step length.  

MIB

• Upvote 1

Doug

I have always believed, for no specific reason, that they can get up to 15'. Same as a stadium full of people in the seats are average for the most part, however, the the players on the basket ball court are much taller. I would suspect that Sasquatchs can have extremes similar to people.

Patterson-Gimlin

This extreme height is why the creature is most likely myth and misidentification. 

Highly unlikely that a creature of this great size could remain undocumented 

In America. 

Especially when much smaller ones are documented quite regular. 

I have spoken to other Scientists and they are inclined to agree 

• Upvote 1

Old Time Lifter
5 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

This extreme height is why the creature is most likely myth and misidentification. 

Highly unlikely that a creature of this great size could remain undocumented 

In America. 

Especially when much smaller ones are documented quite regular. 

I have spoken to other Scientists and they are inclined to agree 

I have a hard time believing they could be 15 foot tall, but I do think they are out there just about 1/2 or less that height.

People are terrible judges of things like distance and size when under stress especially.

NatFoot

I have 10 ft ceilings in my place...I have an extremely, emphasis on extremely, hard time believing they can be that tall let alone that tall and add another 5ft. It makes me lean with PG here...unless there's some sort of paranormal explanation which I tend not to believe either.

Huntster
1 hour ago, Old Time Lifter said:

.........People are terrible judges of things like distance and size when under stress especially.

^^ This.^^ 

And the incredible bulk of these creatures can lend to greater height mis-estimations.

I have a difficult time believing heights over 10’, but will admit that things might have been different a thousand years ago. 

I think the SSR database shows very few even reported at over 9’.

Twist

I’d put my money on the avg BF height being between 6 - 7ish feet tall.  The real big ones may push 8’.   Where do I get this notion from,  a wag really.   

MindSquatch

The Bigfoot as my avatar has to be minimum of 10 feet tall because of where it's head is in the video I took. He is on the opposite side of the creek from me, maybe 20 or so feet up from the creek on a mountain side. I want to say 11 to 12 feet tall,  but I feel that's really pushing it. But that's how tall he would have to be for it to be possible where his head is from ground level. 

Edited by MindSquatch

hiflier
9 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Depending on where a sighting occurs misidentification of something 15' tall can be ruled out. I mean what if anything out there  is 15' tall? A big Grizzly standing up might reach 10'? In other words, what would a 15' tall Sasquatch be misidentified as? There would have to be some other animal in that same area that would have to be that tall in order for misidentification to be a possibility. And I haven't a clue as to what that other animal might beDo I make any sense saying that?

Edited by hiflier

MIB

Same situation for me.   I tried for years to figure out a way the first one I saw could be shorter than it truly had to be so that it'd be more acceptable but it just doesn't work.   I "want" it to be 9 to 9.5 feet tall  but between body segment proportions and the locations of a pretty reliable ruler,  it could not be less than 10'3" to 10'6"; it could have been 1.5 feet taller yet.  I didn't want to be laughed at so I didn't report the sighting when I was reporting the earlier trackway find to BFRO.    My research partner has some charts correlating height and width which guestimate the height of the track maker near 12 feet based on step length and track dimensions.   

While those sizes seem huge, out in the woods it there are seldom immediately obvious "rulers" to use.   We subconsciously scale what we see to what we expect and what we see around it.  If it doesn't fit, we revise our assessment of what we see around it before considering that we really see what we seem to see.    A truly large thing has to be fairly close so that we, ourselves, become part of the "scaling" before we truly grasp how big it is.

MIB

Edited by MIB

hiflier

I can believe 9-10 feet, is certainly possible, MIB. It is a giant for sure- probably footprints 20+ inches. Just enormous- and HEAVY. 1.000 pounder?

MIB

I would expect top end weight to exceed 1200 pounds.   Depends on shape / scaling.  

SasWeights.jpg.6ffcf4e373071bba240b9dedb5efe626.jpg

The tracks I found were 24-1/2 inches long with a step length (heel to heel) around 6-1/2 feet.    These were in a fresh water-deposited layer of mud over rock.    The mud had a glazed surface akin to un-stirred chocolate jello pudding.   Nothing disturbed that glaze but the tracks.    No way anyone could have stepped within maybe 20-30 feet of them without leaving sign.  No roads.   Etc.    I estimate they were less than 5 hours old.  

Edited by MIB
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

hiflier

I hope some primatologist with a PhD has just read your post. They won't see it as proof but it might make 'em sit up and take notice. Especially since yours isn't exactly a 50 year old story ;) 

Edited by hiflier

MindSquatch

Thanks for posting the Sasquatch Weight Estimator's. 24 1/2 is a incredibly huge track. Can't seem to find where Ron Moorhead said they came across a 26 inch track (pretty sure it was 26 inches)in the area of the Sierra Sounds recording. This area isn't far from my location. 24 1/2 or even a 26 inch foot, would have to be a pretty tall massive Bigfoot. The longest track that I have measured in the area where I hike is 17 inches long.