Cali209otherworlder

What is the biggest you believe Sasquatches can get? (They get bigger than you think)

Doug
9 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

Would you care to name the park Doug?   

I would like to, however, I can't and I will explain why. In short, it was not really a designated "park" and when they clear cut the area around it several years ago, the removed the few park bench/tabes that were there. So I will give you directions and you can see it on google maps.

Traveling west on Highway 22 from Salem Oregon bypassing Dallas then Salt Creek and coming up to what used to be the town of Buel, turn south onto Mill Creek Rd. Follow it south west to where the convergence of where Camp Creek flows from west to east into Mill Creek and Cedar Creek inters into Mill Creek from the east. Shumay Creek Rd inters Mill Creek Rd here. At this junction was a little park with a few bench/tables and a couple of fire pits. There was no name and I think the county "maintained" it. We called it the upper Mill Creek park. We had this encounter between Shumway Creek Rd. and Camp Creek. 

Years later, I bow hunted elk in the mountains where Shumway Creek Rd. takes off from the BlackRock Mainline and was constantly "serenaded" with wood knocks all season long. I didn't find out what the wood knocks were associated with until years later.

Doug
1 hour ago, MindSquatch said:

Butt prints are awesome due to the fact that they are extremely rare to find compared to foot prints, especially with hand prints. I can pretty much picture in my mind what it looked like, probably similar to the one I found in the Sierra's up on a peak where this rock is where you get an awesome view. One day when I was going up there to sit, there was this massive butt print on a layer of soil on top of this same rock I was going to sit on. There were no tracks in the soil up the steep mountain side leading to it, so the Bigfoot must of came from over the peak from the other side which would be dangerous without any climbing gear. 

Yes, when someone thinks of Sasquatch prints, they never think hand prints let alone butt prints. It really through me for a loop.

MindSquatch

Reminds me when I was up above Emma Lake  in the Sierra's in late spring and I decided to get on my butt and slide down the gulley on snow because it was faster than walking down, seems the Bigfoot did the same, plus it was naturally fun.

Doug

Where we were during this, sliding down on your feet and then falling on your butt is more the mode of decent. Ending the decent with removing low top footwear to empty out the yard of forest debris. As a kid, forest exploration was my passion and I still "suffer" from wanderlust to this day. What's over that mountain? Around that bend? across that creek?...Oh! Oh! I'm 11 miles from my truck now, how did this happen?

BobbyO
SSR Team

I went to see Djokovic v John Isner in the ATP Finals last night. 

Isner is 6’10’ and an absolute monster of a man, absolutely huge.

Feet like medium sized boats too.

I think 8+ plus Sasquatches are exaggerations personally, and think they range in the 7ft area where adults are concerned.

• Upvote 1

MIB
5 hours ago, BobbyO said:

I think 8+ plus Sasquatches are exaggerations personally, and think they range in the 7ft area where adults are concerned.

I don't agree with you BUT if you are correct, it might open some seemingly closed doors regarding their biological lineage.   

MIB

SWWASAS
15 hours ago, Doug said:

I would like to, however, I can't and I will explain why. In short, it was not really a designated "park" and when they clear cut the area around it several years ago, the removed the few park bench/tabes that were there. So I will give you directions and you can see it on google maps.

Traveling west on Highway 22 from Salem Oregon bypassing Dallas then Salt Creek and coming up to what used to be the town of Buel, turn south onto Mill Creek Rd. Follow it south west to where the convergence of where Camp Creek flows from west to east into Mill Creek and Cedar Creek inters into Mill Creek from the east. Shumay Creek Rd inters Mill Creek Rd here. At this junction was a little park with a few bench/tables and a couple of fire pits. There was no name and I think the county "maintained" it. We called it the upper Mill Creek park. We had this encounter between Shumway Creek Rd. and Camp Creek. 

Years later, I bow hunted elk in the mountains where Shumway Creek Rd. takes off from the BlackRock Mainline and was constantly "serenaded" with wood knocks all season long. I didn't find out what the wood knocks were associated with until years later.

There is a group from the Tillamook area that I met at some events that does research down in that area someplace.   Could be the same area.   

MagniAesir

Thomas Steenburg has a cluster of reports in an area of Alberta where the witnesses described the a square as being 14 feet tall.

I know the sightings took place over a few decades but I can't remember exactly how long

steenburg
7 minutes ago, MagniAesir said:

Thomas Steenburg has a cluster of reports in an area of Alberta where the witnesses described the a square as being 14 feet tall.

I know the sightings took place over a few decades but I can't remember exactly how long

There were a number of them between 1948 and 1984. in the Nordegg area of Alberta. As of 1984 I have not heard of another one though reports of 7 to 8 feet have continued? I left Alberta in 2002. I assume that the extreme height reports have not returned? All of them were in the same general area of the province>

Thomas Steenburg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

daveedoe
BFF Donor

Just from most of the accounts I have read I think 7 to 8 feet max.

Here is a picture from the Oregon Trail Museum in The Dalles Oregon, my Granddaughter standing next to a replica of the short faced bear extinct for 11,000 years. According to Wikipedia standing 10 to 12 feet makes me wonder if a small population survived. Sure looks familiar.

bigbear.jpg

1024px-ArctodusSimusReconstruct.jpg

• Upvote 1

gigantor
On 11/13/2018 at 8:55 PM, steenburg said:

I assume that the extreme height reports have not returned? All of them were in the same general area of the province>

A search in our SSR Database for Alberta sightings yields the following results:

firefox_2018-11-15_18-13-55.png

No idea why there are so many more in Stoney.  Redbone fixed a glitch. Thanks!

firefox_2018-11-15_18-37-49.png

A general search of all reports for 10+ foot in height returns this:

firefox_2018-11-15_18-11-30.png

I would say the 16 foot sighting is probably a misjudgement by the witness...

Redbone
SSR Team
14 minutes ago, gigantor said:

A search in our SSR Database for Alberta sightings yields the following results:

No idea why there are so many more in Stoney.

I would say the 16 foot sighting is probably a misjudgement by the witness...

The Stoney result is a glitch caused by commas in the county name " Stoney 142, 143, and 144 ". I fixed it.

The 16 foot report is in my opinion a great exaggeration by some kids in Ohio. There was no investigator follow up to push back on that reported height.

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=3380

Also note: Only BFRO reports are in the SSR for Alberta. The John Green database may have some more.

• Thanks 1

Huntster
On 11/12/2018 at 7:26 AM, SWWASAS said:

Would you care to name the park Doug?   

No way, if the deer and elk hunting is that good!

hiflier
BFF Donor
30 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Like it. You're rarely if ever out of character :) Outa upvotes so.......++

Edited by hiflier

Doug
2 hours ago, Huntster said:

Na, the hunting there is horrible, no deer or elk anywhere. Wink wink.

• Haha 1