Cali209otherworlder

What is the biggest you believe Sasquatches can get? (They get bigger than you think)

jound

I tend to believe that while they do get real big, I would think that 9 and 10-footers are either, a) an abnormality such as humans going over 7 foot without some type of medical reason (ex: Andre the Giant), or b) people may be blowing a 7-footer out proportion because they are frightened/adrenaline/not good at reliable verification. 

By reliable verification, is I am not a good judge of distances (or ages, ha ha). I think fear may make something you don't expect to see, all that more menacing. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Twist

I agree, it seems reasonable to me for people to overestimate height and mass when viewing something walking straight out of folklore.   

Doug

As far as over estimating critters, you don't even need to afraid of it. My dad entered into a bear hunting contest where during bear season, you bring your bear in and guess the weight and then they weighed it and the one who guessed closest won. Every hunter guessed their bear to be over 200 pounds and in the end, the largest bear weighed 128 pounds.