Cali209otherworlder

What is the biggest you believe Sasquatches can get? (They get bigger than you think)

SWWASAS

Once when I discussed foot size with Meldrum his theory was that foot width may mean more than length when it comes to BF.     Or perhaps a ration of foot width to length may be a better indicator of the height of the critter.     Bigger heavier BF require more width to support the great weight.   Not something we are ever likely to be able to determine unless we start giving away shoes to BF and get to size them.      

Trogluddite
BFF Donor
On 12/3/2018 at 10:40 PM, MIB said:

^^^^ What is the source of the data?   I'm particularly interested in that 24 inch track.   (Imagine that. :))  

MIB

MIB,

Sorry for the delay in responding; I usually only have time to check every two or three days these days.  The 24" track (which was the maximum; the minimum estimated length was a sighting in Rensellaer County, NY in January 1990, so the medium was likely snow.  (I'm cleaning up some loose ends in my New England/Canada data, then will start adding to and cleaning up New York.)  It is BFRO report # 4508.  I only have one larger set of prints reported - 28 inches - but those were a known hoax in Massachusetts.  I say known hoax because the kid who did it (and created an uproar) turned over his plywood feet to the police.  

SWWASAS

Snow footprints increase in size as they melt out.  I would not hold much stock in any at any temperature near freezing.     Even sublimation  (changing state from solid snow to water vapor)   increases the size of prints.     Also it is near impossible to cast a footprint in snow.   Basically it is a hoaxers dream to have something that gets bigger with time and cannot be preserved to study.    

Yetie9

I will never disregard what someone has seen.  However, I think size is hard to really estimate especially in the woods or at a quick glance with not much of a comparison at the time.    The average ceiling in a house is 9ft.  I can't come close to reaching it.   I'm just saying that at 9ft and lets say almost 4 ft wide it would be an almost unbelievable sight.  I'm not questioning the track sizes or height estimates just that things 3ft higher than me look big.   Just saying that its difficult to judge size sometimes especially glimpses in the woods.

I'm in the Southeast and the tracks I've found are pretty small compared to what I'm reading.  The largest I've seen here were measured against a size 13 running shoe and about 2 to 3 inches longer.   Nothing like what you guys are finding in the Pacific Northwest.   

Yetie9

I want to clarify that a 9ft Bigfoot or 15 foot Bigfoot will be no different as far as finding in my opinion

Catmandoo
BFF Donor
22 hours ago, Yetie9 said:

I'm in the Southeast and the tracks I've found are pretty small compared to what I'm reading.  The largest I've seen here were measured against a size 13 running shoe and about 2 to 3 inches longer.   Nothing like what you guys are finding in the Pacific Northwest.   

How many toes?

Yetie9
On 12/9/2018 at 11:05 PM, Catmandoo said:

How many toes?

Five toes very uniform across.  I've heard of the three toes etc here but this was a five toe track series.

SWWASAS

With humans more than normal fingers and toes is fairly common.     I would suspect that BF in certain areas are so isolated from other BF groups that they do not have much genetic diversity and birth defects start to increase.    In the PNW I cannot recall footprints with abnormal numbers of toes being reported.