Bigfoot is real.

Guest A- boy-from-golden-valley

Admin
1 hour ago, SticksandStones said:

This is sticks & stones. Aka a-boy- from- golden-valley. Something fishy went down with that account.

triple-facepalm.jpg

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

Caves might be home sweet home for some but many areas simply don't have them.  As far as eating their own, I don't buy for a minute. There are too many stories about sasquatch family members chasing someone who's shot or shot at one of their own. If a sasquatch was nothing more than a walking dinner, they would have killed and eaten the last of each other a long time ago. The Last of the Mohicans, so to speak. Absolutely no way they eat each other.

Maybe they don't ... but we do.

Wikipedia:  "The Donner Party, or Donner–Reed Party, was a group of American pioneers that set out for California in a wagon train in May 1846. Departing from Independence, Missouri, they were delayed by a series of mishaps and mistakes, and spent the winter of 1846–47 snowbound in the Sierra Nevada. Some of the pioneers resorted to cannibalism to survive."

Edited by Oonjerah

1 hour ago, SticksandStones said:

I'd really like to continue here.

Please do.  I am interested in hearing your experience.  I am in South Carolina, and hike in North Carolina fairly frequently.

13 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

Caves might be home sweet home for some but many areas simply don't have them.  As far as eating their own, I don't buy for a minute. There are too many stories about sasquatch family members chasing someone who's shot or shot at one of their own. If a sasquatch was nothing more than a walking dinner, they would have killed and eaten the last of each other a long time ago. The Last of the Mohicans, so to speak. Absolutely no way they eat each other.

I disagree.

Cannibalism is present in Homo Sapiens, Neanderthals and Homo Erectus. Chimps steal human children to eat, and Humans kill and eat great Ape species.

Obviously it would not be advantageous to actively hunt members of your own kind. But old age, the sick, the injured, the deformed, the very young? I think its quite possible that they could engage in Cannibalism under certain extreme circumstances. We certainly are not tripping over dead Sasquatches, and death in the wild should be common place to a host of reasons.

30 minutes ago, gigantor said:

triple-facepalm.jpg

I think that he is just confused about his posts needing to be approved by a moderator.

I saw a documentary where there have been certain tribes of humans that will eat at least some of the remains of loved ones for various reasons. These loved ones either died naturally or were murdered by other tribes.

42 minutes ago, cmknight said:

Glad I stocked up on popcorn this week. Should be an entertaining thread ...

The sour cream version is so addictive. :popcorn:

As for cannibalism, this has been studied quite a bit in the world of academics.  With animals and insects, there are all sorts of reasons why they do it. Though, eating their dead for the sake of it or simply because they are dead is not among those reasons. Some monkey species do it as a sort of punishment for breaking rules of their clan, whatever that might be. What generally happens is they turn on a member, kill that member and then eat them.  Some animals kill and eat their own offspring for reasons unknown or they kill their mate and eat them. We're not around to verify it but animals of the same species not known to be a predator to each other as a natural instinct.  Something has to happen first.  Even fighting over alpha status or mating does not lead to eating their own.

With humans, it is an anthropological fact that cannibalism exists but it is within a "socio-religious" context. And it is usually not raw.  They cook the flesh first or if raw, it is parceled out,. An entire carcass is not eaten.

If Bigfoots eat each other upon death that is a major operation.  Messy.  But this leads back to the cave theory.  If they recover their dead for the purpose of hiding the savage manner of disposing/ingesting their remains, then that goes well beyond any known animal or human behavior.  Anyone who cares to the research and finds something different, please share.

If everyone works to get science involved then these kinds of discussions could become fact or fiction depending on the outcome of the research. In the meantime, Sasquatch speculation has taken a rather macabre turn wouldn't you say?

If Bigfoot would just learn to shop at the grocery store, like I do,

He/she could get all the high quality protein they want. 

Followed by a sugary chaser. 

I've never lived deprived. I don't know what it's like to go hungry.

Otoh, I suspect Bigfoot relies mostly on seasonal vegetables & knows where to find them.

Winter could be a problem.

Winter is a problem for most creatures. Some sleep through it and some simply leave. Foraging becomes a creative process and, for a few, predation takes on a different kind of difficulty in which the best of stealth technique comes into play. An omnivorous creature can make the switch to a heavier reliance on predation which IMO may need some fine tuning every season after foraging mostly on natural things like berries, nuts, and other offerings in Spring, Summer, and Fall. Not saying anything here than members don't already know of course but since winter is fast approaching it is always a good subject for discussion that has cropped up a few times. 

14 hours ago, SticksandStones said:

This is sticks & stones. Aka a-boy- from- golden-valley. Something fishy went down with that account. Everything was greyed out and I couldn't click on anything. I felt like it was intentional. No I have NEVER been here before ,until yesterday. Yes. I was on a forum at www.mysteries& the unexplained. Things went from sugar to **** there pretty quick. Called me a liar and some other silly comments. I DID NOT leave because of any questions. I replied to a comment and the thread was ended by the overseer's. Disbelief doesn't give you the right to call liar liar pants on fire type jive. That's for elementary school kids. Anyway it is what is. You'll have that.

This isn't just entertainment for me. I did it to get it off my chest a little. So now you know. Or maybe you won't. This may not make it out to you guys. We will see.

Hey S&S/BfGV - First, as a fellow North Carolinian I want to welcome you to the forum.  I cannot explain what you experienced but I promise you it was not intentional.  If you ever get banned here, you will know it and you will also get warnings so it really will not be a surprise.  One thing to keep in mind if you stick around, many if not most of the people in this forum have had some kind of experience with BFs.  The collected knowledge about BF here is really quite impressive.  I would love for you to contribute to it.  My only recommendation is you might want to exhibit a little bit of patience and a little less attitude.  Just my 2 cents.

• Upvote 3

Hiflier - winter is a problem for this creature. Hasn’t been above 25 degrees here in Minneapolis in a week. Currently 19 with windchill of 5. Just got back from walking the dog...burr. Way to early in the season for this. 

Could BF eat there dead? I guess it’s possibe but I would think it would be as a last resort. Anectdotally they seem to come to the rescue or retrieve their wounded/dead family group members. Wonder if true, would any of the prion diseases affect BF?

14 hours ago, cmknight said:

Glad I stocked up on popcorn this week. Should be an entertaining thread ...

Make it even more interesting. Shelf the popcorn and eat your buddy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic