Bigfoot is real.

Guest A- boy-from-golden-valley

1 hour ago, Pdub said:

Could BF eat there dead? I guess it’s possibe but I would think it would be as a last resort. Anectdotally they seem to come to the rescue or retrieve their wounded/dead family group members. Wonder if true, would any of the prion diseases affect BF?

Good question, prions are pretty nasty things. Mad Cow, Brain Rot in sheep. And they are apparently quite ancient and basically just proteins but from what I read a few years ago something had happened to them. One would think that a Sasquatch could get sick and die from eating a deer infected with a prion disease. I forget which prion deer are more susceptible to though. 

BFF Patron

Humans have for the most part not eaten their dead because we have been intelligent enough for a long time to realize that spreads disease.    During the plagues of the middle ages even though the exact mechanism was unknown,  strangers were not allowed into towns,   the dead were considered contaminated and quickly buried or burned.    However,  could be that BF are not sharp enough to come to the same conclusions,       

21 hours ago, Arvedis said:

The sour cream version is so addictive. :popcorn:

As for cannibalism, this has been studied quite a bit in the world of academics.  With animals and insects, there are all sorts of reasons why they do it. Though, eating their dead for the sake of it or simply because they are dead is not among those reasons. Some monkey species do it as a sort of punishment for breaking rules of their clan, whatever that might be. What generally happens is they turn on a member, kill that member and then eat them.  Some animals kill and eat their own offspring for reasons unknown or they kill their mate and eat them. We're not around to verify it but animals of the same species not known to be a predator to each other as a natural instinct.  Something has to happen first.  Even fighting over alpha status or mating does not lead to eating their own.

With humans, it is an anthropological fact that cannibalism exists but it is within a "socio-religious" context. And it is usually not raw.  They cook the flesh first or if raw, it is parceled out,. An entire carcass is not eaten.

If Bigfoots eat each other upon death that is a major operation.  Messy.  But this leads back to the cave theory.  If they recover their dead for the purpose of hiding the savage manner of disposing/ingesting their remains, then that goes well beyond any known animal or human behavior.  Anyone who cares to the research and finds something different, please share.

I've seen gerbils eat their young when there are too many in the cage.

• gigantor featured this topic

Not just Beer, popcorn and women... and, uh, cannibalism, But gerbill cannibalism. It's party time on the BFF cause we have now gone where no one else has gone before. If these creatures are cannibals then I believe I was not tasty enough for them to eat the night I was in my tent alone. They chose salmon over my snoring and when I woke and heard them I would of gave them a kiss with a .45 cal in the skull if they grabbed me. :) 

BFF Patron

I bet most of us older humans are on so many medicines that we do taste bad.    Throw in the fact that most campers partake of adult beverages in camp and who knows what we would taste like.   

7 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

Throw in the fact that most campers partake of adult beverages in camp and who knows what we would taste like.

Uh, fermented chicken?

BFF Patron

:no:   Could be.   We need a good cartoonist on the forum to keep us entertained.    Supposedly humans taste like pork.   

Edited by SWWASAS

Guest Stringerbell89
On 11/11/2018 at 2:07 PM, NathanFooter said:

That was a great thread,  I am going to go through it again for a good laugh.       I have been busy at work and soon to be very busy with wintertime field outings.  

Hey guys what thread was that I remember reading it didn't he call the Bigfoot "trolls" or was that the guy who said to hang cans of salmon

Edited by Stringerbell89

Realistically, how would a Bigfoot be eaten? It would have to be ripped apart in the same manner that Bigfoot would do to a deer for example. Total savagery. Presumably that would mean the eater would have a lot of hair and surely muscle and all kinds of tendons and difficult body parts to deal with. No knives or method of really getting at the meat. Science calls this type of cannibalism "food stress" as opposed to ritual cannibalism which is carefully constructed patterns of consuming the flesh.

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic