Bigfoot is real.

Guest A- boy-from-golden-valley

Very interesting discussion.  To me, the Grouse calls don't seem steady enough to be confused with a heart-beat, although they sure do sound like a heart-beat for a few seconds sometimes. :bye: Possibly, a BF might beat its chest in a steady rhythm for some reason; similar to but, unlike what gorillas do?  If BF did make the sounds that QE described then that seems like a possibility..   

consistent I don't know if QE is gone or what 

Methinks our new poster experienced a true paranormal event,  not a bigfoot encounter. 

In no way am I taking her recounting lightly. I, myself,  have experienced telepathy and sighted a Thunderbird.

Edit: not simultaneously.

Edited by Incorrigible1

Got my first John Deer H given to me by my dad when I was 13.  Once I was able to start it myself with the flywheel it was mine!!!!  Miss that tractor :(  

I remembering in my uncle's barn in sou'westen Ohio when I was about that age, Twist and turned the drum about twenty times but the tractor fired up. Boy, did my uncle and parents come flying out of the farm house for THAT one LOL. But my uncle was pretty cool. He told me to get in the seat and then showed me where the clutch and transmission lever was. I was so used to cars I was a little surprised that the lever between my feet just sort of dropped in loosely from slot to slot. Needless to say I didn't get to actually drive the thing. I remember the drum being up to about my waist.

which made it easy to get my arm around it. My uncles of course could just spin the thing with his hands.

Edited by hiflier

BFF Patron
1 hour ago, Cotter said:

In WI, the ruffed grouse drumming is likened to starting an old John Deere tractor.

FWIW

They start at about 1 beat per second then gradually ramp up in tempo.  

The sooty grouse sounds like me last winter when I had bronchitis real bad.   Darn near killed me.   Another bird that makes a very loud drumming sound is an emu.    I will try to find an audio clip.    Seems like i remember it sounds like a big heartbeat.      If you think they cannot be running around in the wild, you are wrong.     My brother in law used to raised them and they escaped all the time.     One winter I found emu tracks in my yard in the snow.    They do quite well in the wild if they escape.  Nearest emu farm I know about is 7 miles away.    

BFF Patron

I listened to at least a dozen audio clips which supposedly have emu drumming.     The people that posted them have no idea what the drumming is.     They just posted the normal sounds EMUs make all the time and not one had the drumming.   As I remember it is the females that drum and it is to attract males.   I will keep trying.   

Hiflier - I spent a lot of time on that tractor as well as others.  My primary job was pulling and clearing trees when my dad took them down with the dozer.   We still have the dozer but it’s pretty much retired. 69 Cat.   The tractor I sold to buy my first dirt bike.......bad move looking back on it.   

SWWASAS - Ha, my mom being a township official would get ppl calling and swearing they had an ostrich in their backyard when my uncles Emu would escape.  Nasty mean birds those Emus!  

For the original OP. Golden valley is an area that is butted up against a state park and has a large amount of game lands in the area. I had my encounters about 10 miles east of there. I believe they use the state park as a home base and move out in the surrounding area as they deem safe to do so. The game lands really only have people in them in the fall of the year. As far as the rest of the information it seems to be hard to take. If they are such blood thursty killers how did he at 10 years old observe them so much without going missing himself? 

BFF Patron

An emu can kill you.    Their center toe claw can disembowel you or rip open your femoral artery.   .    Never allow a dog near them, they hate dogs.  .     The fact they stand 6 feet tall and their curiosity is problematic.    Women should expect them to grab earrings right off your ears.   They are basically a living dinosaur.  I still cannot find a drumming audio.   The idiots that posted sounds confuse their normal growling rumble with the female drumming.    Completely different sounds.  

If BF were normally killers of humans I would not be here.   Even when I cornered one and another got around behind me,  they let me leave with a deep growl and a broken off tree as a warning.   

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 7:09 AM, Queen Elizabeth said:

Hi all

Thank you for new member welcomes....I have no proof of what my cousin and i heard as it was back in 1973 and we had no camera or even a flashlight with us, but we know what we heard. On our way as young teenagers to visit friends at a house party in rural upstate N.Y., just walking and talking along the 2 lane blacktop road with no streetlights. We knew the area very well so walking a mile was no big deal. I say now that i wish we had a flashlight, but would this have aggravated the being whose presence we heard? I don't know. Ok, the facts are it was around midnight and all was quiet except for the LOUD sound of a heartbeat that stopped us in our tracks. Pure fear made us run back towards home. We got about 5 minutes away and decided did we really hear that? We carefully walked back towards the heartbeat sound and it was definitely not our imaginations playing tricks on us. It was a slow, steady heartbeat. No other information such as growling, unusual odor, nothing. Just a slow steady sound of that heartbeat. W e have no idea what could have made that sound. To this day we still believe it was a Sasquatch. Anybody have any thoughts? We couldn't see into the dense trees which were close to the road and after listening for a few minutes, it was not heard anywhere else as we, again, decided it was real and time to run back home. Rural areas have all types of creatures, but an extremely loud heartbeat? We will never ever forget that! To the people we knew and told about this, well....nobody believed a word we said. Thats fine. We know what we heard. If anyone has an explanation, please let me know. I can't forget it and never will. In our 60s now, we still have no doubts that it was "something". Thank you for reading and any thoughts from you experienced people would be highly appreciated...Q.E.

Queen Elizabeth

I have heard heavy breathing while 20' up in a tree stand that sounded like it was right next to me. It was dusk when I heard it and it was right after I had asked these things to chase some deer my way. But never have I heard a loud heart beat which is very strange. Are you sure that no one was playing a trick on you ? I ask since you never know and it is possible. What caused this fear that you had when you heard this sound.? Did this fear start before you heard this sound ? These questions might sound strange but they do relate to an encounter.  Even though that you were walking down this black top there must have been a feeling before you reached the spot you heard those sounds. This fear must of creeped up on you slowly before you heard those sounds. You mention that it was all quiet and that in it self must have been unusual  for a rural area. Let me just clarify that I am not saying you did not hear nothing. But that there must have been more to this event. It sounds like that you have often walked this black top often and I am not sure but maybe you have done it at night. Any other encounters after this? 

BFF Patron

I don't know if my laptop is incapable of playing back the EMU drumming sound but several video files that purport to have it I cannot hear anything like it.   I hear talking and a rooster crowing    The closest thing I can describe it as is a bass drum.   I do remember that it takes the boom boom,    boom boom two beat thing quite often and that does sound much like a heartbeat.    I hear a rooster crowing and people talking in the one that hiflier just posted.  

Anyway I guess my main point is that even though the EMU is not a NA animal,  they are certainly running around out there.   Thom Powell relates one story in which they asked BF for a bone,  but did not specify that it should be a BF bone.    Sure enough a bone was left but they could not figure out what it was.   It was very light and porous.    Did not resemble anything life long hunters could remember seeing in the woods.     Consulting with a biologist,  they finally figured out it was the breast bone of an EMU.    Maybe BF think EMU's are some sort of giant turkey.    I have eaten EMU meat.   It is very red meat,  very lean,  and very hard to cook without making it really tough.    The fat is rendered down and made into all sorts of healing hand lotions etc.   

Edited by SWWASAS

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
On 11/29/2018 at 6:09 AM, Queen Elizabeth said:

Hi all

Thank you for new member welcomes....I have no proof of what my cousin and i heard as it was back in 1973 and we had no camera or even a flashlight with us, but we know what we heard. On our way as young teenagers to visit friends at a house party in rural upstate N.Y., just walking and talking along the 2 lane blacktop road with no streetlights. We knew the area very well so walking a mile was no big deal. I say now that i wish we had a flashlight, but would this have aggravated the being whose presence we heard? I don't know. Ok, the facts are it was around midnight and all was quiet except for the LOUD sound of a heartbeat that stopped us in our tracks. Pure fear made us run back towards home. We got about 5 minutes away and decided did we really hear that? We carefully walked back towards the heartbeat sound and it was definitely not our imaginations playing tricks on us. It was a slow, steady heartbeat. No other information such as growling, unusual odor, nothing. Just a slow steady sound of that heartbeat. W e have no idea what could have made that sound. To this day we still believe it was a Sasquatch. Anybody have any thoughts? We couldn't see into the dense trees which were close to the road and after listening for a few minutes, it was not heard anywhere else as we, again, decided it was real and time to run back home. Rural areas have all types of creatures, but an extremely loud heartbeat? We will never ever forget that! To the people we knew and told about this, well....nobody believed a word we said. Thats fine. We know what we heard. If anyone has an explanation, please let me know. I can't forget it and never will. In our 60s now, we still have no doubts that it was "something". Thank you for reading and any thoughts from you experienced people would be highly appreciated...Q.E.

It is conceivable that you experienced a source of infra-sound.  Thats a sound frequency below 20 hz. We typically can't hear this range but we might hear it's effects on other ambient sounds.  Heart beats are well below 20 hz so that could be why it's similar. Was the sound like ....thump thump ............thump thump...........or was it like woooossshh ...wooosshhh......woooosshhh with equal pauses in between?

• Upvote 1

Guest Queen Elizabeth

Hi all

I've been trying to find and listen to videos of different kinds of creatures that may have been responsible in some way for the "heartbeat sound". Geez....i just cant seem to find any sound close to what we heard...my apologies for taking up so much space on this topic. 

I thank each and every person who has replied. It's funny because we were actually thinking about having to pass the old cemetery on our way. Never had any encounters with spirits etc., it was just on our minds the closer we were getting to it. Our heartbeat occurred way before we even got close to the cemetery and i dont think anybody was out for a prank that night. 

Again, thank you all for your help....QE