Poll: When Would An Announcement Of e-DNA Positive For Sasquatch Be Made?

hiflier

When Would An Announcement Of e-DNA Positive For Sasquatch Be Made?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Laura Krantz interviewed Dr. Todd Disotell on one of her "Wild Thing" podcasts. Dr. Disotell announced that the results of e-DNA testing on the Olympic Project's nesting sites would be ready in a few weeks. If the results come back showing a North American primate other than Human, or even partially Human how long do you think it would take for the announcement to be made public? Do you think it would be ALLOWED to go public? And if it does go public, what do you think the fallout might be concerning the government or any of its agencies?

• gigantor pinned this topic
Admin

I think only after independent confirmation. It's a big deal, I'm sure Dr Disotell would want to be sure before making any claims.

As for the government, there won't be any fallout. They'll discover it at the same time everyone else will.

• Upvote 1

Unless I'm missing something, it could never be positive for sasquatch. There is no baseline to match it against. It could only come out as an undocumented primate. 

• Upvote 4

I flat guarantee the conclusion of any DNA test of Olympic Project's nesting sites will be:  "Homo sapiens" with the comment by experts (Disotell and others) being "human contamination".

Of course it will.  I applaud the idea and teamwork to try but how much can it really advance science if it never meets the strict chain of custody needed for a DNA study of this level?

anujuikdjqijp0debcoh.png

nest 1.jpg

• gigantor featured this topic
Admin
9 minutes ago, Twist said:

if it never meets the strict chain of custody needed for a DNA study of this level?

Are you suggesting that the nest being examined is the same one the girl laid on?    How do you know this?

Those are pics posted in the Olympic Nesting topic on this forum.  As to the authenticity of them you would have to check with the poster(s) that originally posted them.   

Edited by Twist

Admin
14 minutes ago, Twist said:

Those are pics posted in the Olympic Nesting topic on this forum.

Oh, ok. But you don't know that the nest being examined is the same one the girl laid on, correct?

Admin

Good point though. I would think they are smarter than to examine that particular nest...  :drag:

19 minutes ago, gigantor said:

Oh, ok. But you don't know that the nest being examined is the same one the girl laid on, correct?

Fair enough but if the second picture is from the same group then we have some hair nets fully and partially on, some appear to only have hats, plenty of arm hair etc to contaminate.  How much of a "clean room" do you think that garage/barn is?  Do animals like dog or horse frequent the area?   Again, not a knock on ppl working towards a common goal, but don't be surprised if results come back contaminated in some way. 

Edited by Twist
  • Like 1

Admin
18 minutes ago, NCBFr said:

I WIN!

Of course it is announced immediately.  Probably from a YT video.  Who cares if it is right, it is announced.

What do I win?  

If that happens, a BFF can cooler "cozy".

beercooler2.PNGbeercooler.PNG

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, hiflier said:

and if it does go public, what do you think the fallout might be concerning the government or any of its agencies?

I expect a fleet of black SUVs with tinted windows darker than as allowed by law to bear down on those responsible for the leak.  We could be seeing the start of something really big.  If the department of fish and game gets wind of this they could respond with a study of their own to countermand the wild claims of those olympic know it all agitators trying to upend the establishment.  

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor locked this topic
  • gigantor unlocked this topic