Poll: When Would An Announcement Of e-DNA Positive For Sasquatch Be Made?

hiflier

When Would An Announcement Of e-DNA Positive For Sasquatch Be Made?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hiflier, I get your excitement here but all your points are assumptions, most of them coming from you putting the cart Before the horse.  Let’s get results, then decide if tin foil hats are warranted.  

• Upvote 1

I'll have to do some research about e-DNA but I am finding it hard to understand how it can work in our sasquatch field. If heretofore, a single sample of a hair, blood, or piece of flesh has had trouble surviving the human contamination taint, how is sample that may have a thousand items with DNA going to get sasquatch DNA ferreted out using e-DNA without similar contamination?

2 hours ago, Twist said:

then decide if tin foil hats are warranted

LOL, don't wear 'em. Am I the only one who read the item regarding the DNR visiting the site? Just curious.

I’ve not read that but admittedly I’ve not spent as much time following this developing story.   I would be interested in a link if you happen to come across one.  If I get some time on lunch I’ll see if I can come up with anything as well.  

• Upvote 1

On 11/17/2018 at 6:22 PM, MIB said:

.........."Making it go away" now would likely make it clear someone was indeed trying to make it go away.  I think that would convince more people of existence than the actual evidence would.    Rather, if the e-DNA evidence shows there's something out there that's not in genbank, I think the efforts now will be to explain why they hadn't told us already.  

Up to this point, nobody is actually responsible of wrongful denial or negligence except government wildlife management agencies, and their collective behaviors so far has been silence and/or a refusal to invest with the classic “no money” excuses and the wry dismissal with dumb jokes. 

They could literally keep this up until extinction. 

But I can just imagine how pissed off they’re going to be with the guy who pulls the curtain back by successfully producing a carcass. I can assure you that I’m not going to be that guy. I have no problem admitting that I’m much more afraid of those guys than I am of cavemen.

Thank you BigTreeWalker, my next move was to contact someone. OK. So the DNR is aware of the site. I thought two reps had actually gone out to the site but I am at least relieved to know that it is true that they are in the loop so to speak. I knew I had seen the info on the web but I will be danged if I can locate it now.

(Note to self: DOCUMENT that kind of important data with at least a record of the link!!)

18 minutes ago, norseman said:

It does seem strange that the DNR came out and looked....

The bolded/underlined is the part that I want to nail down. I had thought I read that they actually went there.

Edited by hiflier

Bigfoot Anatomy

Sasquatch is just a legend, right? According to the evidence, maybe not, argues Jeffrey Meldrum --

a position he holds despite ostracism from his fellow anthropologists and university colleagues

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/bigfoot-anatomy/

Dr. Meldrum has written about Bigfoot for years. & I believe him.

BigTreeWalker: "I believe Dr Meldrum is the only accredited scientist that has been to the site."

Edited by Oonjerah
spacing, fonts

9 hours ago, Oonjerah said:

BigTreeWalker: "I believe Dr Meldrum is the only accredited scientist that has been to the site

According to sources like Derek Randles and Shane Corson biologists (plural) have been to the site. One would think that would mean accredited scientists other than Dr. Meldrum. Also they said three bear experts had been there as well. Those experts said that as far as the nests go? No bear made them. And then there were the two people from the WSDNR but I don't know if they were also biologists mention before or not.

So folks, anybody have an opinion of what WSDNR may have said or thought regarding their observations? Does the fact that the DNR was there change anyone's opinion on the importance of the nesting site? Or what may have constructed them? Was it a military operation involving survival training? The structures were after all in a strategically defensible location. Even Corson and Randles mentioned the military advantages of such a positioning. Could it have been left over from a SERE operation out of the Fairchild Air Force Base there in Washington State? A couple of squads could have easily populated the 21 nests. They do conduct mountain training although one would thing the 1 1/2-2 inch diameter specimens in the huckleberry stand would have been cut and not broken or twisted off as high as 7'. It was also mentioned that EVERY plant was affected by having their tops removed- the shrub area was about 40 yards long by about 30 yards deep. 

This is put out there to you Occam's Razor folks ;) 

Fort Lewis maybe but not Fairchild. :)

Who in their right mind in this part of the country would make a nest without a roof over their head. ;)

Strategically located because they are on a ridge. However, they are also in a very non-strategic location. 

On 11/14/2018 at 6:49 PM, hiflier said:

Laura Krantz interviewed Dr. Todd Disotell on one of her "Wild Thing" podcasts. Dr. Disotell announced that the results of e-DNA testing on the Olympic Project's nesting sites would be ready in a few weeks. If the results come back showing a North American primate other than Human, or even partially Human how long do you think it would take for the announcement to be made public? Do you think it would be ALLOWED to go public? And if it does go public, what do you think the fallout might be concerning the government or any of its agencies?

I thought the general consensus was that the government already know? Who wouldn't allow it? Surely trying to cover anything up only shines a light on it? 

• Upvote 1

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor locked this topic
  • gigantor unlocked this topic