Poll: When Would An Announcement Of e-DNA Positive For Sasquatch Be Made?

hiflier

When Would An Announcement Of e-DNA Positive For Sasquatch Be Made?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, MIB said:

No, not necessarily.   

Superficially, perhaps, but I think .. reflecting more deliberately .. that we'd have to consider why humans "weave" and whether sasquatch shares that need.   It comes down to biological need.    Are they warm enough and dry enough without it?   Bergmann's rule, covered with hair, etc.   Just because WE might benefit from the additional warmth, wind resistance, etc from weaving does not mean they have the same need.

Essentially we have an algebra problem of one equation and two unknowns ... not uniquely solvable, at least for now.    

My view: we need to be cautious about jumping to premature conclusions.  I observe that people, having invested ego in a conclusion, have trouble backing away even when new data pretty clearly shows that they were wrong.   I prefer to avoid that trap.

If I had to guess, though ... we're looking at something that, because of better biological adaptation, lives in a more ape-like rather than stone age human-like, way, though it may match us for strategic thinking when such is required.    The black and white / only this or only that thinking is befuddled when encountering something that is not merely ape but not fully human (considering both biology and genetics, and if you wish, tool use).   They truly represent a shade of gray we struggle to get our heads around. 

MIB

Can anyone see these pictures and read these accounts from people that have been there?

Let's say that these nest were built by Ape's/Gorillas like we would find in Africa. We would then have to explain how they arrived here or in that area and thrived. Now let's say that they now discovered a new unknown primate. This now changes everything on how we think about primates. If these nest turn out that they were made by a new species of Humans which the EDNA may turn up. what then? This is not normal behavior of us as Humans. So we have to exclude these nest as not being  made by Humans in my opinion. So this leaves us of it being with what we already know and that being Apes/Gorillas/Chimps. But is also leaves us with that next choice of it being an unknown.

I think that the silence of the project is good , Just like what MIB has complied. If there is going to be something big coming out of this then staying silent is a good thing.I will be really surprised if the EDNA shows up Human and if it does it will be an off shoot of the Human evolution. Very Ancient...

7 hours ago, hiflier said:

I do think though that if the creature does exist there is no way a government wouldn't know.

I'm sure that there are some people in government who know.  As an example, John Mionczynski was a biologist working for the USFS and is now a member of the Olympic Project.  

That is not the same as "the government" officially knowing bigfoot exists.   Even if they did, functionally, officially they don't, and I do not see any direct way to force them to change their story 'til someone else finds / proves bigfoot.

3 hours ago, NatFoot said:

Can anyone see these pictures and read these accounts from people that have been there?

No, they're highly restricted ... to people who have computers and can use facebook, google, and youtube.   ( Are you frickin' SERIOUS?    Face-palm.  :( )

MIB

Edited by MIB

Until we have the technology to have a hand held eDNA sequencer that will run the entire genome and compare it to a database then it will always come back human and will be labeled contaminated. Maybe 100-150 years from now.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, David NC said:

.....then it will always come back human and will be labeled contaminated

That may be and I am prepared for it. But it is easier to say Human than to answer the questions that it may conjure up. Here are just a few of those questions: Who made them? Why did they make them? Why did they (the Humans) break off every huckleberry branch/stem/shoot/shrub instead of just cutting them? How did they break the ones off that were 2 inches in diameter? How come they made 21 nests? Just who were these people? How many people were involved? And if it was indeed a military survival training exercise it needs to address plants broken off 3-7 feet above the ground in an area covering 30 x 40 yards.

So. Sure, it is easy to simply say Human. And that the results were contaminated but not so easy to answer the questions that arise as a result of that conclusion. And I have more questions still but they are too sensitive to be asked here.

Edited by hiflier

Admin
On 11/25/2018 at 12:38 PM, Squatchy McSquatch said:

The new forum software will not allow me to put Hiflier on ignore

That is because Hiflier is a Premium Member and as such cannot be ignored.  Premium members may, if they so choose, ignore common members.

12 minutes ago, gigantor said:

That is because Hiflier is a Premium Member and as such cannot be ignored.  Premium members may, if they so choose, ignore common members.

What a perfect opportunity for squatchy to become a premium member!!!

13 minutes ago, gigantor said:

commoners-assemble.jpg

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Arvedis said:

commoners-assemble.jpg

Love it, Arvedis :) Whaddya say, Squatchy? Am I worth you becoming a Premium Member or are you just going to sit there and suffer? ;) 

Guest prob2236

****.  So the results came back as just man made nests?  I always allow my hopes to get up before being smashed to bits.  If Sasquatch is real it must hangout from afar and laugh its ass off as we chase our tales around in circles looking for it.

53 minutes ago, prob2236 said:

****.  So the results came back as just man made nests? 

Not yet, prob2236. And welcome to the Forum :) 

56 minutes ago, prob2236 said:

as we chase our tales around in circles looking for it.

We are trying our best not to do that. It is why this nest discovery is so much on my radar. It will be a few weeks until the tests come back if they haven't already. But whenever the testing is done it will first need to go through a peer review process and then get published before we can know how things came out. Standard Operations Procedure if it is going to be done right- Sasquatch or no Sasquatch.

Yes, I am frickin serious, @MIB.

I'm not on Facebook and a Google search of their site doesn't show anything like what you've explained and mentioned.

I'll just take your word for it.

Guest prob2236
1 hour ago, hiflier said:

Not yet, prob2236. And welcome to the Forum :) 

We are trying our best not to do that. It is why this nest discovery is so much on my radar. It will be a few weeks until the tests come back if they haven't already. But whenever the testing is done it will first need to go through a peer review process and then get published before we can know how things came out. Standard Operations Procedure if it is going to be done right- Sasquatch or no Sasquatch.

Not sure if you listen to the Wild Thing podcast.  Its much more of an entertainment thing than any real hard science but the journalist who voices the podcast reported on todays episode that the results are in for the DNA tests run on the nests.  Of course, she held off givinf the results until next weeks podcast but honestly im taking that as more of a negative.  You can call me a pesamist but im guessing that if something significant had been discovered you wouldnt have to tune into a weekly podcast to hear the news.  The scientific world would be on fire hy now. 

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor locked this topic
  • gigantor unlocked this topic