Poll: When Would An Announcement Of e-DNA Positive For Sasquatch Be Made?

hiflier

When Would An Announcement Of e-DNA Positive For Sasquatch Be Made?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Your definition of superficial is skewed badly.

Again Im not talking about one birth defect in the human population. Its not as simple as being very very tall. Or very very hairy. Its a whole host of non human traits that are consistent within their own population! 

Your wife’s feet are flexible....great. Are they 20 inches long? Is she 7 feet tall? Does she have hair covering her entire body? Does she know how to light a fire?

You focus on the single similarity and ignore the hundreds of dissimilarities!!! Bear in mind you share about 50% of your DNA with a peach.....

NO. Your saying Sasquatch IS a Homo Sapien. Because thats what the tests say. Which is WHY we are calling them contaminated!!!!

Its possible that Sasquatch could share the same genus as us. Doubtful but not impossible. Homo Erectus were bigger than we were on average. I personally think because of Homo Erectus stone flaking and tool use and fire use abilities? A Sasquatch is more distant than our relationship with Homo Erectus.

Your very hard to hold a intelligent conversation with because it would seem you just throw all primates into a bag and shake it. Characteristics within a species MEANS SOMETHING! DNA reinforces this concept......it doesnt destroy it.

For example. Autism and diabetes come from breeding with Neanderthals.

https://www.spectrumnews.org/news/spotted/smart-genes-neanderthal-mini-brains-diabetes-link/

Edited by norseman
  • Upvote 1

Norseman, you are the one picking characteristics and saying they matter...I'm just pointing out they occur in our species too. Another word for mutations is "adaptation" when they prove advantageous. How it works, and you know that.  I state again, every characteristic of Sasquatch you point to as being unique to their species, is demonstrably not true. Big feet and all. They just are not, and you know that. As a determinant of differentiation between them and us, they are not meaningful. For instance, how many accounts do you hear about where the description is "built like a linebacker"? That would be a human linebacker. What you see as deal-breaker differences, I don't see as differences that really matter.

Accept it or not, no matter to me, but you've got some blinders on here, I think.  As I keep saying, there is a long tradition of this. When European explorers encountered small black men with weird lip ornaments and gourds on their penises, they had the same reaction. Difference between then and now is we have DNA that shows conclusively a diminutive black person is no less human than any other of our species, but Jonathan Swift knew his readership well. 

Look, if there was an account of a BF chewing a cud, or pulling a child out of a pouch, or sprouting antlers, you'd have a valid point. Those are deal-breaker differences that, as far as we know, do not bridge species.  You don't have those here, at least not that we know of.  You can keep calling the DNA reports "contaminated" if you like, and it may well be true, but then again there is a point where that consolation is not going to get it. Are we there yet? I dunno. Closing in on it though. We'll see. 

If you cannot see that differences matter? Because a single trait could be shared between two seperate species? For example, Gorillas and Humans have ten fingers and ten toes?( Raccoons have ten fingers and ten toes for God sakes....)

Then we cannot discuss the nuances of this subject....... because you are BLIND.

And stop hiding behind the ignorance of humanity from 200 years ago! Its not even remotely germane to the topic at hand!

Patty was buck ass naked at bluff creek. No gourds or ornaments anywhere! (Or what we now understand as the trappings of humanity!) 

She might as well been a Bear! Your unwittingly proving my point for me. Because not only is Bigfoot morphologically distinct from Homo Sapiens? They are also behaviorally distinct from Homo Sapiens as well..... I.e. They dont manufacturer stone tools, use fires, etc.

Of course none of this matters to you, because you simply take your belief its a human framed in some weird Imperialistic guilt? And work backwards!

If Sasquatch was making spears, lighting fires, living in caves and wearing skins? And averaged 6 foot tall and 200 lbs? I would be agreeing with you they would be very close cousins of ours. Dont forget the penis gourds......of course.

What do we actually witness? ZIP, ZILCH, NADA. And 8 ft tall and 800 lbs. Sure...... its uncle Bob!

Im out!

• Like 1

^^^^ Classic :) That particular exhibit is definitely one of the better ones out there. If it was real I would have to say that its tree peeping skills are at the very least a little weak.

• Haha 1

• gigantor featured this topic

Don't blame you. So getting back to topic. Norseman, what about a SERE exercise? Granted the area of huckleberry was broken off and not cut but that is about the only factor that tells me it wasn't a military operation unless cut branches would give away a military presence as opposed to breaks which would look like something more natural? One of those sensitive questions I hinted at earlier is wrapped around would a SERE operation necessarily have to inform a private land owner of such an operation? You have a farm. Would you expect permission from a base to use your land to practice covert maneuvers? Is there such a policy in place that you or anyone else knows of? I will leave things at that.

Edited by hiflier

4 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Don't blame you. So getting back to topic. Norseman, what about a SERE exercise? Granted the area of huckleberry was broken off and not cut but that is about the only factor that tells me it wasn't a military operation unless cut branches would give away a military presence as opposed to breaks which would look like something more natural? One of those sensitive questions I hinted at earlier is wrapped around would a SERE operation necessarily have to inform a private land owner of such an operation? You have a farm. Would you expect permission from a base to use your land to practice covert maneuvers? Is there such a policy in place that you or anyone else knows of? I will leave things at that.

Trespassing is trespassing.

The USAF SERE has areas set aside in the Colville National Forest for this type of activity. Its my understanding the Forest Service wants them off because they are enviro nazis. But the USAF doesnt have the right to come onto your property and train anymore than a citizen has the right to.

And I do not think (Army) Ft. Lewis trains in the peninsula. They usually go to the Yakima proving grounds.

Hiflier, the problem I see with assuming these nests are of human origin is the fact that that is what they look like... nests. The norm for sleeping pads or beds used by humans in survival situations are rectangular. Something that would fit under a lean-to, be it a tarp or tree boughs. In this part of the country if you don't cover your sleeping area fully you end up wet from rain running into it. Good way to end up hypothermic. 

What I'm saying is this type of sleeping arrangement is counterproductive to a human survival situation. 

• Upvote 1

Cool, BTW, and I get it. I guess I was thinking it would be a good way to keep off the ground and have excellent drainage around a small bivy with sleeping comforts inside. No water would be collecting under the tent and no rocks or big roots to worry about either.  My own take on it though involved the broken off stems over such a wide area with some of them having fairly large diameters which would require some strength to snap or twist off. And even though our Hairy friend would seem to be the culprit I had to ask about the military thing anyway just to try and rule it out. Pretty much satisfied that it is a non-starter thanks to your and Norseman's input.

It is just one of the things about any investigation where one simply has to eliminate possibilities no matter how unlikely in order to see what is left. Just working to stay ahead of things is all it is.

Edited by hiflier

Yes, from the pictures of the two people laying in them they do look like they would be much more comfortable and dryer than laying or sitting on the ground. 

It's just that the shape is a waste of materials and energy in a survival situation, at least from a human standpoint. 

Totally agree. Question for you if I may. In the 'Wild Thing' podcast Laura Krantz did say that the e-DNA tests results were in but that listenres would have to wait until the next podcast (or did she say just 'next'week'?) to hear what they were. What is your take on that 'carrot' if I may use the term? In such a case do you think SHE will be giving the update on the test results? Doesn't seem right somehow unless she is going to have someone else on the podcast. Especially since her announcement seemed more of an add on as opposed to part of the regularly pre-recorded episode.

Edited by hiflier

I heard that too. Don't know what to think. But I will be keeping my ears open if there is any information coming from elsewhere. 

• gigantor unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor locked this topic
  • gigantor unlocked this topic