Poll: When Would An Announcement Of e-DNA Positive For Sasquatch Be Made?

hiflier

When Would An Announcement Of e-DNA Positive For Sasquatch Be Made?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 minutes ago, norseman said:

Why is that?

The release of the results via podcast. Where's the statement/paper/analysis.

If gigantor is right, and more to come--they should be saying something now.

1 hour ago, norseman said:

Because instead of working together we are a bunch of competing tribes all at each others throats...

Pretty sure you've struck upon the one thing that can emphatically be said about BF and BF'ers.

Edited by Old Time Lifter
  • Upvote 1

• gigantor locked this topic
  • gigantor unlocked this topic
On 12/5/2018 at 2:44 PM, gigantor said:

That is a special case - a cave is somewhat protected from the elements.

Are you trying to claim the DNA does not degrade when exposed to the elements?

No I am not. If you would have quoted the rest of what I said The DNA was degraded and still identified and it was 90,000 yes 90 thousand years old according to the scientists. Degraded yes but was still identifiable in those conditions after 90,000 years. Are you saying that Dna not in a cave or in another non dry environment can be completely destroyed to the point it cannot be identified in less than 5 years? If you want to say it was because of the freezing, how are scientists pulling DNA out of 30-40 thousand year old mammoths frozen in the ice?

I believe they got the right DNA for what built the nests, Human. I believe Sasquatch is very close to us in DNA but there will be a noticeable difference in them.

I think the future in using eDNA testing would be best used by testing the top less than inch of soil from caves in Sasquatch hotspots.

Admin
3 minutes ago, David NC said:

Are you saying that Dna not in a cave or in another non dry environment can be completely destroyed to the point it cannot be identified in less than 5 years?

Yes. Also, washed out by rain.

Does not seem that Dr. Disotell is impressed with any in the BF research community.

He wants BF researchers to step-up their game.

I thought NAWAC was doing a great job and had wildlife biologists on staff, but have not heard much from them in a few years. 

Don't know how good Olympic Project is doing (or has done) their sample collection.  Have to wait to see their nest report with the full explanation.

They need to document so that lessons learned are shared and we can learn what worked well and what needs improvement.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Old Time Lifter said:

Pretty sure you've struck upon the one thing that can emphatically be said about BF and BF'ers.

Was teased recently for sharing my areas and finds. 

Not that Im some hot shot researcher. 

But I feel sharing is important.

6 hours ago, Old Time Lifter said:

This strikes pretty darn close to home.  No need for government conspiracy when the BF community trips over its own feet.   

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron
7 hours ago, norseman said:

They found nothing novel....

Why is a paper report required?

Meldrum has his own journal that rarely publishes articles anymore that I posted about upstream.

You report the methodology so that other researchers can replicate or have a chance to do the same thing and get positive results and not be wedded to a one trick monkey in the future. 

2 hours ago, Explorer said:

Does not seem that Dr. Disotell is impressed with any in the BF research community.

He wants BF researchers to step-up their game.

I thought NAWAC was doing a great job and had wildlife biologists on staff, but have not heard much from them in a few years. 

Don't know how good Olympic Project is doing (or has done) their sample collection.  Have to wait to see their nest report with the full explanation.

They need to document so that lessons learned are shared and we can learn what worked well and what needs improvement.

And I am less than impressed with Disotell, long story but you could look it up on the forum or elsewhere I'm sure. 

I'm a staying away from this hot potato. 

Edited by bipedalist

I’m curious why people don’t seem to like Disotell.  I’m sure I missed something.   I take from that video he’s open to the possibility but has not come across any evidence that points towards BF.   Seemed pretty straight forward to me.   Do people just not like his results?

1 hour ago, Twist said:

I’m curious why people don’t seem to like Disotell.  I’m sure I missed something.   I take from that video he’s open to the possibility but has not come across any evidence that points towards BF.   Seemed pretty straight forward to me.   Do people just not like his results?

Myself, I don't dislike him.  But I'm sometimes put off by his pretense that he's not a "bigfooter".   In that video that's above on this page, Disotell looks right in the camera and says "I don't consider myself to be a squatcher or bigfooter at all."   He's wearing a huge Bigfoot pendant and an amazingly elaborate Bigfoot shirt!!  He's a bigfooter.

I think Disotell has a sick way of mocking the subject myself, and likely enjoys reporting a human result as a negative. A sasquatch in his hands would likely be a human with coincidentally multiple disorders all at once, much like Julia Pastrana.

29 minutes ago, southernyahoo said:

I think Disotell has a sick way of mocking the subject myself, and likely enjoys reporting a human result as a negative. A sasquatch in his hands would likely be a human with coincidentally multiple disorders all at once, much like Julia Pastrana.

Has he ever done anything negative or made comments detrimental to Bigfootery?   Has he ever produced false results?  Not liking his results is hardly a reason to not like him if he’s reporting truthfully on actual results.