Sign in to follow this  
Madison5716

And so it goes... Researching in Oregon

Madison5716

I can't post much yet, but check this beauty out!

I'll post more in a few weeks. Have more to do with this. My last five years of "armchair researching" may have paid off. What do you think?

1114181222.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

hiflier
BFF Donor

NICE! Small but interesting. Look forward to it. Oh yes, welcome to the BFF :) 

Madison5716

Thanks for the welcome, hiflier! I was here 6 years ago or so, took a break and now I'm back. Cheers!

Madison5716

Thanks for the welcome, hiflier! I was here 6 years ago or so, took a break and now I'm back. Cheers!

Update 11/22/18 Happy Thanksgiving! Another potential juvenile print from the same find.

1114181229.jpg

• Upvote 2

Twist

Interesting,  while not very big it definitely left a deep print.   How soft or loomy was this substrate?  Maybe this young BF had partaken in an early Thanksgiving dinner!  

Madison5716

I keep having my post duplicated and I have to erase it and write a new post every time, Admins? 

Anyhoo, I found these on Wednesday the 14th and it has rained the previous weekend, so it had been MUDDY! It's a v ery typical heavy clay Oregon soil. When it dries, it's like cement.  

I'm heading back out there this afternoon. I'm not sure I can even get to it. The forest service shut it all down last Thursday in a very suspicious, coincidental timing manner? A friend who lives out that away tells me there are new signs up on the access road, but she didn't read them.

Regardless, it rained and stormed all night. I'm sure it's a muddy mess, but I'll see what's up. When I get back this evening (it's an hour away and I have some shopping to do first, ugh). I'll report back with what I tind, probably making a first entry in the "In the Field" section. Cheers!

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 1

Patterson-Gimlin

Thanks for sharing. Interesting tracks. 

Most likely human.