Finding Bigfoot With Google Earth

MindSquatch

2 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

Is MindSquatch using a different version of GE or does GE Pro a better picture? Clearly, the picture of MS is much clearer especially when you consider how zoomed in it is compared to other examples in this thread.

I'm just using regular Google Earth. For some reason different areas such as looking at canyons or mountain sides instead of just looking at a flat area, objects appear to be zoomed in closer. Here's another one I just came across in the upper reaches of a isolated canyon about one air mile from the very first post. It's just up from the stream in a boulder field on the side of a mountain. The object itself appears to be casting it's own shadow especially the back side of the left leg. It has it's back facing us hunched over a little bit as it's looking at the boulders possibility looking for a Marmot. There's two photos, one a little further out. 

earth_postcard_1542898290.jpg

earth_postcard_1542897849.jpg

I think its a shadow, look at the other black objects. They all reside on the same side of the boulders indicating a shadow cast by the rock.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, norseman said:

I think its a shadow, look at the other black objects. They all reside on the same side of the boulders indicating a shadow cast by the rock.

Your probably right, but how can a shadow cast a shadow? The shadow below is for sure being casted by that boulder. Just remember that a Bigfoot would most likely be looking for Marmots during the day time as the Marmots come out during the day.

I think the whole black spot is a shadow. It just happens to look more compelling than the other black spots that are triangular.

There's are so many shadows, but there's some that are just a little different in color of the shade and shape. There are going to be Bigfoot's blending in as shadows due to their size and color of hair. It isn't just what looks like a left leg casting a shadow, the upper body of the head area is also casting a shadow. There's just no way for sure to say any of these photos are Bigfoot's in them. It's not going to prove Bigfoot in any shape or form. Just imagine how many people have actually looked at Google Earth and went right by a Bigfoot thinking it was a shadow.

Edited by MindSquatch

2 hours ago, MindSquatch said:

There's are so many shadows, but there's some that are just a little different in color of the shade and shape. There are going to be Bigfoot's blending in as shadows due to their size and color of hair. It isn't just what looks like a left leg casting a shadow, the upper body of the head area is also casting a shadow. There's just no way for sure to say any of these photos are Bigfoot's in them. It's not going to prove Bigfoot in any shape or form. Just imagine how many people have actually looked at Google Earth and went right by a Bigfoot thinking it was a shadow.

Im not positive that what your doing has any scouting value. Because of the ambiguity of the images. But at this stage of the game? 

We are looking for a edge. And I hope that something turns up for you.

I think the best way to apply Google Earth, etc is to look at Mangani's overlay, the SSR, etc and try to figure out where the most probable location for a bigfoot near you is at the particular time you have to be out.   Maybe it isn't even in a location with past sightings but is between two concentrations a short time apart.   Look for headwaters of streams, saddles between adjacent headwaters, and other topographical features.

I do not think any of the pixelated things we see in Google Earth are any better than the blobsquatch photos that have already proven inadequate as a form of proof of existence.    I think that's a dead end path, wishful thinking that can lead nowhere.

Rather, use GE for mapping in space and time, then go to the spot  you find and do whatever it is you do.   Look for tracks.   Play with trail cams.  Record audio.   Wood knock.   Or, dare I say it, try to collect a specimen.   Unless you've got a habituation setting you're working actively there are no guarantees, the best we can ever hope to do is hedge our bets enough to eventually be successful via whatever means we choose.

MIB

Edited by MIB
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Paradelia strikes deep

Into your life it will creep

pareidolia is strong in this thread

• Haha 1

It's intriguing, and again the possible outline of the legs in both the alleged figure and its alleged shadow makes it worthwhile (but of course inconclusive).  It would be useful to know the positioning of the sun but may not be possible to determine.

Speaking of pareidolia, the rock formation to the upper left looks like an eye. 

Like  I said in the first post, I use GE to help in planning my hikes. Every once in a while while using GE, I'll notice something odd, but that about as far as it gets. Using GE helps a lot on finding the least resistance route in avoiding thick brush and such. Here's a photo of one of the creeks nearby from just a few hours ago getting my Christmas Tree. Had our first snow last night and was barely able to get back in there.

IMG_20181122_112434776.jpg

6 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

It's intriguing, and again the possible outline of the legs in both the alleged figure and its alleged shadow makes it worthwhile (but of course inconclusive).  It would be useful to know the positioning of the sun but may not be possible to determine.

Speaking of pareidolia, the rock formation to the upper left looks like an eye. 

You noticed the eye, you have a good eye for noticing things. 

• gigantor featured this topic

A few more observations.  With the eye to the left and the angled missing eye socket to the right and the cratered middle, it looks like one of the Transformers from a Michael Bay film punched that section of rock.  Perhaps there was an alien battle there recently.

Also, if I had to guess what BF is doing perched on that ledge, I would say he is either taking a leak or simply observing the cratered rock.  Though I would say he is not clued into the Michael Bay theory.

2018-11-24 01_23_07-Window.jpg

1 hour ago, Arvedis said:

A few more observations.  With the eye to the left and the angled missing eye socket to the right and the cratered middle, it looks like one of the Transformers from a Michael Bay film punched that section of rock.  Perhaps there was an alien battle there recently.

Also, if I had to guess what BF is doing perched on that ledge, I would say he is either taking a leak or simply observing the cratered rock.  Though I would say he is not clued into the Michael Bay theory.

2018-11-24 01_23_07-Window.jpg

Never would have saw that until you mentioned it, great imagination! That photo was taken up near the Headwaters near 10 thousand feet elevation in one of the most remote valleys in the area (Eastern Sierra's). It's not easy to get to with no trails what so ever, many waterfalls with numerous pools of water.

Admin
2 hours ago, MindSquatch said:

That photo was taken up near the Headwaters near 10 thousand feet elevation in one of the most remote valleys in the area (Eastern Sierra's

Can you post the coordinates? Thanks

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic