Finding Bigfoot With Google Earth

MindSquatch

52 minutes ago, gigantor said:

Can you post the coordinates? Thanks

I would have, but it's too close to the area where I go hiking where I had my sightings. It's in the Eastern Sierra's in a secluded valley that leads up to a mountain peak. One of the other valleys that comes off that same peak, has the first photo from the first post which I didn't even think of till just now. I'LL upload a photo I took from a mountain top looking towards that peak. That lower mountain top is where I took the photo from just days after my first sighting and is directly above the GE photo of a possible Bigfoot in the first post.

IMG_20140124_130811_238.jpg

Admin
1 hour ago, MindSquatch said:

I would have, but it's too close to the area where I go hiking where I had my sightings.

What difference does that make?

36 minutes ago, gigantor said:

What difference does that make?

Because I don't want pro kill Bigfoot people in this area. Unfortunately you have to be secretive about these areas because of the those that want to kill one. I didn't even want to say Eastern Sierra's, let alone a photo. 

Edited by MindSquatch

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
Admin

I don't think they care. There are a lot better places to go hunting for a Bigfoot, like Washington and Oregon.

1 hour ago, MindSquatch said:

Because I don't want pro kill Bigfoot people in this area. Unfortunately you have to be secretive about these areas because of the those that want to kill one. I didn't even want to say Eastern Sierra's, let alone a photo. 

I would never crash an area without your permission first off.

Secondly, Im in no shape to travel anywhere right now.

2 hours ago, MindSquatch said:

There are only a handful of pro-kill people here (I am not one) that I am aware of, and they have access to 5000+ reports that have GPS information included.

I still protect a couple of active locations not because I'm worried one will get shot, but because I signed non-disclosure agreements with the group that first took me there.

4 hours ago, MindSquatch said:

I would have, but it's too close to the area where I go hiking where I had my sightings. It's in the Eastern Sierra's in a secluded valley that leads up to a mountain peak. One of the other valleys that comes off that same peak, has the first photo from the first post which I didn't even think of till just now. I'LL upload a photo I took from a mountain top looking towards that peak. That lower mountain top is where I took the photo from just days after my first sighting and is directly above the GE photo of a possible Bigfoot in the first post.

IMG_20140124_130811_238.jpg

There is a bench feature, right side to middle, halfway up. Looks unusually flat to be natural. Is that a road?

Edited by Catmandoo

1 hour ago, Redbone said:

There are only a handful of pro-kill people here (I am not one) that I am aware of, and they have access to 5000+ reports that have GPS information included.

I still protect a couple of active locations not because I'm worried one will get shot, but because I signed non-disclosure agreements with the group that first took me there.

That seems a little overboard on their part.

Is it private land or did you just sign something saying you'll never disclose the creatures in the "xyz" part of whatever public land it is?

12 hours ago, gigantor said:

I don't think they care. There are a lot better places to go hunting for a Bigfoot, like Washington and Oregon.

Was just up in Northern Oregon last summer on the coast and coastal mountains, it's too thick of forest making it difficult to search for Sasquatch. I'll take my area over that part of Oregon any day. Maybe the Eastern Cascade or parts of Southern Oregon are good areas, but not those lush thick forest. 

8 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

MS,  Do you use DeLorme Atlas & Gazetteer for your ground work after GE viewing?

Never heard of those! When I check out GE just before I go, I just go to the nearest place to park  my vehicle

and make my way to the route I saw on GE. Seems to work for me the way I've been doing it. Didn't have GE in the old days and I had to rely on maps and hope I took the best route, sometimes I would run in to thick vegetation, depends on the area.

10 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

There is a bench feature, right side to middle, halfway up. Looks unusually flat to be natural. Is that a road?

No roads in that area. There is an old road from way back but was washed out  and is on the left side but doesn't go far in or up, wouldn't be able to see in photo.

11 hours ago, norseman said:

I would never crash an area without your permission first off.

Secondly, Im in no shape to travel anywhere right now

Not everyone has your type of respect, people have and will go to someone's area if they knew or figured out the location, it happens. It's best not to give out too much information. I guess there's some on this forum who don't get out much or at all, and don't seem to understand that. I really do hope you recover and are able to get out there and enjoy the outdoors. I almost died a few years ago and had major surgery with complications that kept me in the hospital for several weeks. Didn't think I would ever be able to hike again. You'll get better, you have too much of healing nature in you.

5 minutes ago, MindSquatch said:

Not everyone has your type of respect, people have and will go to someone's area if they knew or figured out the location, it happens. It's best not to give out too much information. I guess there's some on this forum who don't get out much or at all, and don't seem to understand that. I really do hope you recover and are able to get out there and enjoy the outdoors. I almost died a few years ago and had major surgery with complications that kept me in the hospital for several weeks. Didn't think I would ever be able to hike again. You'll get better, you have too much of healing nature in you.

I give out my locations simply because I do not need to be “the guy”. If more pro kill guys are canvassing my areas? All the more power to them.

And thanks, I have my fingers crossed.

Personally, I don't think anyone will ever kill one. They can be wounded, history has a few of those incidents that seem credible but to kill one you'd need more than 1 shot and even wounded they are too fast. You'd need a pretty powerful weapon and a clear head shot. Or some type of trap that somehow fools them.

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic