Finding Bigfoot With Google Earth

MindSquatch

8 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

You'd need a pretty powerful weapon and a clear head shot

Agreed.

8 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

Or some type of trap that somehow fools them.

NO! ABSOLUTELY NOT! I will NOT dress up as Patty ;) 

I was thinking more like a kill zone. I would further use that strategy to disprove a conspiracy theory on  u.s. military and scientific involvement in any BF activities. When science or wildlife experts seek to track a predatory animal it doesn't take much to figure how they do it - with food. There's no habituation zone. There's bait. The fact that they don't do it should be proof enough. A step further with military, you don't send a team of dudes with high powered rifles into the woods without a plan. Where has a kill zone/bait effort ever been done to track BF? Some pro kill research groups do it with debatable results.

Edited by Arvedis

On 11/19/2018 at 7:43 PM, MindSquatch said:

I use Google Earth quite often in aiding me in narrowing down my search where Bigfoot's may hangout in areas where I can access in a day's hike, and has helped tremendously. When searching, I also try to spot anything that doesn't seem to match the other trees or shadows to see if it could be a possible Bigfoot. Recently I made a post where there is an area where I won't go beyond, I call it a barrier wall where my instincts tells me not to go any further. Yesterday while using Google Earth to check beyond this barrier, I came across something that has the appearance of a massive Bigfoot just beyond that barrier by the creek that comes out of the canyon. This is the area where I've seen three Bigfoot's with multiple track ways. On the picture if you look at the top, it looks like the head of a Bigfoot. The picture is somewhat distorted near the left shoulder, but everything else seems to match a Bigfoot. Just thought I would share. 

earth_postcard_1542598381.jpg

One huge problem with this ...Google Earth doesn't take street views in the middle of the forest.  In order for this to be a shot of a Sas in the wild, it would have to be on the forest floor taking a portrait, Google only shoots pics of the forest from a satellite out in space, not from a Prius with a camera on it's roof.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Old Dog said:

One huge problem with this ...Google Earth doesn't take street views in the middle of the forest.  In order for this to be a shot of a Sas in the wild, it would have to be on the forest floor taking a portrait, Google only shoots pics of the forest from a satellite out in space, not from a Prius with a camera on it's roof.

Not a huge problem if it isn't a street view when it's coming from a satellite looking down into a canyon in the mountains. 

• Downvote 1

14 hours ago, MindSquatch said:

Not a huge problem if it isn't a street view when it's coming from a satellite looking down into a canyon in the mountains. 

So your bf is taking a nap???????

As I said earlier in the thread, from above you sure can't see a bent knee or a crest unless your bf is lying on its side.

Your taking this too far and distorting what I originally said for what ever reason. Really shouldn't have to explain again why I use GE, it's not to find Bigfoot's, it's just a side thing while using it to navigate the best path possible. And you assume I'm saying those are for sure Bigfoot's, I'm not saying that at all, they just look like possible Bigfoot'. Good grief! 

On 11/25/2018 at 1:31 AM, norseman said:

I give out my locations simply because I do not need to be “the guy”. If more pro kill guys are canvassing my areas? All the more power to them.

And thanks, I have my fingers crossed.

I am with MS.  The less people in a BF area the better.

I agree. I would NEVER give out my "honey holes".  I worked to find them, return there often, and systematically work the area.  The notion that someone hears about it, goes there, and gets lucky and stumbles across a sasquatch.  Not on my watch.

I'm not looking to tell the world about a sighting or encounter so not wanting to share accolades has nothing to do with it. I'm from the old school that believes you should have to work for that which you harvest rather than be given it. If I bring along a friend who is new and he goes back alone another time and gets lucky -- more power to him. I chose that option and would be happy for my friend.

Nope.

Guarding a myth is a fools errand.

Just get it done. Plenty of heavy lifting to go around for everyone.

31 minutes ago, norseman said:

Nope.

Agree and QFT.  Too much of that behavior in the BF world IMHO.

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 3:26 PM, Arvedis said:

I was thinking more like a kill zone. I would further use that strategy to disprove a conspiracy theory on  u.s. military and scientific involvement in any BF activities. When science or wildlife experts seek to track a predatory animal it doesn't take much to figure how they do it - with food. There's no habituation zone. There's bait. The fact that they don't do it should be proof enough. A step further with military, you don't send a team of dudes with high powered rifles into the woods without a plan. Where has a kill zone/bait effort ever been done to track BF? Some pro kill research groups do it with debatable results.

See with the military they have the tools and skills to do a successful snatch and grab. With them there is no need to use bait to lure these creatures in. They can pretty much push these creatures into an area where they can successfully capture one.

Sure we can use google earth or even map quest or any other kind of nav tool to get us into an area that we want to explore. Question is will these spots that we are looking at be a place where these creatures be.  In others words do they make sense that these areas are excellent area that provide food and cover as well as protection for these creatures. If we are going to use these tools and explore these areas then we should explore them as though we are going to be hunting in them. That means placing game cams and leaving the area and coming back later in time. The best way is to take the time spent in that area. Take the risk and gain the knowledge that these creatures exist in that area. Document it if possible and if possible collect a specimen .

1 hour ago, norseman said:

Nope.

Norseman

I am not sure that it is easy to take the life of one of these creatures with out it acting aggressive towards you. I am not sure I am sitting in a stand and see one in front of me I can actually shoot one, even with my bow. I would have to really program myself to do it. Even when I seen my first one I could not draw on it since it just stood there. Makes me wonder why these other hunters who did shoot at them buried them or just left them. I am not sure that it is an easy task. :) 

5 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

See with the military they have the tools and skills to do a successful ****** and grab. With them there is no need to use bait to lure these creatures in. They can pretty much push these creatures into an area where they can successfully capture one.

Sure we can use google earth or even map quest or any other kind of nav tool to get us into an area that we want to explore. Question is will these spots that we are looking at be a place where these creatures be.  In others words do they make sense that these areas are excellent area that provide food and cover as well as protection for these creatures. If we are going to use these tools and explore these areas then we should explore them as though we are going to be hunting in them. That means placing game cams and leaving the area and coming back later in time. The best way is to take the time spent in that area. Take the risk and gain the knowledge that these creatures exist in that area. Document it if possible and if possible collect a specimen .

Norseman

I am not sure that it is easy to take the life of one of these creatures with out it acting aggressive towards you. I am not sure I am sitting in a stand and see one in front of me I can actually shoot one, even with my bow. I would have to really program myself to do it. Even when I seen my first one I could not draw on it since it just stood there. Makes me wonder why these other hunters who did shoot at them buried them or just left them. I am not sure that it is an easy task. :) 

Have you posted your sighting(s) here somewhere?

8 hours ago, MindSquatch said:

Your taking this too far and distorting what I originally said for what ever reason. Really shouldn't have to explain again why I use GE, it's not to find Bigfoot's, it's just a side thing while using it to navigate the best path possible. And you assume I'm saying those are for sure Bigfoot's, I'm not saying that at all, they just look like possible Bigfoot'. Good grief! 

I believe the folks that are making comments that appear to frustrate you, for what ever reason, are referencing this part of your original post.

On 11/30/2018 at 11:21 AM, Old Dog said:

Yesterday while using Google Earth to check beyond this barrier, I came across something that has the appearance of a massive Bigfoot just beyond that barrier by the creek that comes out of the canyon. 

I think everyone understands why you are using Google Earth for your navigation, so you really don't need to explain again why you use it,  the problem seems to be with your interpretation of the images you're seeing.  If the large blob that your showing isn't what you are saying "has the appearance of a massive bigfoot", perhaps you could point out to us what you are referencing.

41 minutes ago, Old Dog said:

I believe the folks that are making comments that appear to frustrate you, for what ever reason, are referencing this part of your original post.

I think everyone understands why you are using Google Earth for your navigation, so you really don't need to explain again why you use it,  the problem seems to be with your interpretation of the images you're seeing.  If the large blob that your showing isn't what you are saying "has the appearance of a massive bigfoot", perhaps you could point out to us what you are referencing.

It's anybody's guess of what it could be or may not be, it's not conclusive enough and why GE cannot be use for finding a Bigfoot for research, it's more just for fun. The first photo posted seems to be too big even though to me it does have the likeness of a Bigfoot. The second image to me would have a better chance of actually being a Bigfoot due to the suppose shadow casting it's own shadow. I was a little baffled why you thought it was a street view.

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic