Madison5716

Searching For Bigfoot in Oregon - Take 2

Madison5716

Hello! I'm going to keep an ongoing log of my research and experiences. I'm officially throwing my hat into the ring after this experience, which lit a fire under me! I've also started a Facebook page, but I'm really bad at navigating facebook!

Date: November 14, 2018

Weather: Cloudy but 50's, decent

Time: 11:30 - approximately 4pm

What happened: I was walking my dog at the reservoir because I wanted to get out of the house and into the woods, but no one would go with me. So, I went on a walk at a popular lake at an unpopular time, when it was likely to be nearly deserted, aka November. I walked only approximately 1/2 mile along the gravel and mud portion of the beach which was exposed because the lake gets drained a lot each winter in anticipation of the winter rains. I saw an animal print in the mud, and took a picture. Then I started paying attention to what was going on in the mud at my feet... A whole mess of prints. At first, I thought "What terrible parents to let their kids run around in this mess!" . But then I thought, "wait, it's November! And it was near or below freezing last night" and "there's broken beer bottles and fish hooks all over".  Who would let their kids really do this?  Looking  closely at the prints, there seemed to be three sizes and they didn't look exactly like typical child prints. I'm a preschool teacher - i know what kid prints look like, it's a very popular art project with little ones. So, I kept looking and started to get excited. I measured some against my pen. When I had a couple dozen, I walked my dog (who could have cared less) back to the car. I had both cell phone service and internet, hallelujah! I wanted to call a local researcher that i met in October, but I didn't have his number. So I got on popular bigfooters websites and started emailing them, asking for referrals to local researchers. Then, I thought of a way to reach the person is met and eventually got through to him 15 minutes later. We spoke, I sent him pictures and he sent out a friend with bigfooting experience. "D" and I spent the next 2 hours taking photographs, following tracks and trying to make sense of what we were looking at. At 4pm, I was cold and muddy and it was getting dusky, so we called it a day and left. I'm very grateful for the support of this researcher and his equally cool friend.

Follow Up: I was so excited that I only slept  a few hours, lol. I woke my teenage son up extra early and we were at the lake at 6:45am. It was still completely dark and very foggy. The park road also didn't open until 8am, so I did not want to trespass. No way was i getting out of the truck in the dark and fog with my kid. While we were busy deciding what to do, off in the distance we could see a vehicle's lights and some flashlights on the beach area. After a moment, the lights turned off, which kinda freaked me out. We left and went home. At noon, I got a text from the researcher telling me that "D" tried to cast the price with some friends, but was turned away by Forest Service guys who said the park was closed indefinitely due to mud.

1114181229.jpg

1114181316b.jpg

1114181222e.jpg

Edited by Madison5716
Spelling
  • Upvote 1

Madison5716

Fyi, autocorrect is going to be the death of me. Oh my...I apologize in advance for odd words here and there!  I'll try to catch them, but every time I edit, it adds new ones!

Ugh, and it's Cottage Grove Lake. Not just cottage lake. Grrr.

Edited by Madison5716
Autocorrect

Patterson-Gimlin

Thanks once again for adding additional information. Thank you for the wonderful explanation and you have my utmost respect for being a teacher. 

However, human can not be ruled out . In fact it is most likely a small adult or child . 

gigantor
24 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

In fact it is most likely a small adult or child . 

Just wondering, how did you come to that conclusion?

Madison5716

I am an avid learner and I am very much still a beginner in all of this. I'm reading and watching everything I can. Yes, some look human. Some dont. It's the time of year, weather conditions and location that makes me wonder "maybe!?" . I'll keep looking. I was supposed to go mushroom hunting up these this weekend, but we got rained out. I went up anyway, in the rain and I'll post that when I go in to work because typing on my old kindle stinks. I'll go up next weekend, too, because this rain will bring out the mushrooms in a few days.

Is this a midtarsal break or muddy illusion?

1123181426.jpg

Edited by Madison5716

MIB

Muddy illusion.   Actually, more likely a human foot.  A mid-tarsal break should go clear across the foot.   Something going only part way across, as that seems to, would be more likely to be a human arch.  

Cottage Grove Lake should be a good location.    I assume you know that the London Trackway was found there.    I was to the site a few years ago but not 'til after the lake had refilled for the season.

MIB

• Upvote 1

Patterson-Gimlin
15 hours ago, gigantor said:

Just wondering, how did you come to that conclusion?

MIB explained it perfectly 

hiflier
BFF Donor

Distance between foot falls? Left heel to right heel perhaps?

gigantor
On 11/24/2018 at 12:30 PM, Madison5716 said:

Is this a midtarsal break or muddy illusion?

1123181426.jpg

I think it is a print of a rear paw on top of a front paw. I see claw marks. A bear, at least for this one print.

Madison5716

"D" said they were interesting. He said some looked very much bf, some looked human and others were inconclusive. I didn't post the line that went down to the lake. They weren't inline, but staggered... But they WERE in 6" mud and only 7" long aka the same size as a human 2 -3 year old.  what interested "D" is that they disappeared about 4 feet from the shoreline, and the last print was only half as deep as the rest. He said that line caused him to revise to "yes" because it was so weird, nd he's had lots of Weird associated with his own research.  The "well known" researcher, with experience, only saw them via text and email. He had concerns because they are c lose a to where people are. 

Now it's a moot point because it's rained for a week and it's just mud now. 

I could see bear print. I don't really see claws? But all the prints are in the same area. you can see part of the area in the attachment. I think we'll have to say inconclusive officially.

1123181425.jpg

Edited by Madison5716
Autocorrect & spelling

Madison5716

Date & Time - Friday, November 23, 2018. 1pm

Location - Cottage Grove Lake, OR

Weather - miserable rain, some fog, 45° and a bit windy. In other words, Oregon typical winter!

What happened: I went back to see the prints again. It rained. They were mostly mud. I did find a print in the grass, another small one, 6-7" . See the attachment.

1123181431d.jpg

• Upvote 1

MIB

Could you show the line of tracks, with 4-5 or more in a row?   

If you measured heel-to-heel or toe-to-toe, right and left, or even heel-to-toe plus have track length, that would be good info.

I think with those, plus what you've shared, it should be fairly clear what you've got.  (Maybe fairly clear?  :))

MIB

gotafeeling
BFF Donor

I've been searching the Corps of Engineers info about flow etc. But the oldest inflow/outflow/levels info I can pull up is Nov 21. I'm wondering if the many prints are from children, when the water level was higher? It's pretty clayish there, and I think underwater footprints might last awhile. Just a thought. 

I've been there too, same time of year, searching. Nothing of note for me, when we went.

NatFoot
BFF Donor
3 hours ago, gotafeeling said:

I've been searching the Corps of Engineers info about flow etc. But the oldest inflow/outflow/levels info I can pull up is Nov 21. I'm wondering if the many prints are from children, when the water level was higher? It's pretty clayish there, and I think underwater footprints might last awhile. Just a thought. 

I've been there too, same time of year, searching. Nothing of note for me, when we went.

Kids playing in water this late in the year at that elevation?

Can't imagine having mine here in the Rockies in an Alpine lake even in the past month and a half, call it two months.