Madison5716

Searching For Bigfoot in Oregon - Take 2

Madison5716

I'm going to try casting these prints next weekend. It'll be my first time, if it doesn't rain. You can feel the toe indentations inside the deep prints. So cool.

Edited to say that I wanted to CRY, not fry, lol.

Also, sorry for not getting photos of the track line on the other side. I was disinclined to try to climb down the 6 foot embankment and up the other side! I'm not young any more like my son and friend over there, lol!

Maybe next Saturday we can drive around the Bay after casting the tracks and try casting the other prints. Or maybe I'll just make these two young'uns do it for me.

Edited by Madison5716

wiiawiwb
On 12/23/2018 at 3:30 PM, Madison5716 said:

1219181214e.jpg

1219181217b.jpg

Did you measure the average step length in this trackway?

Madison5716

No, but it's what I can walk easily. These are little prints, about 7" long. 

The new Trackway had more distance between the prints. My 5'11" friend had to take abnormally long steps. We didn't measure them because 1) we stupidly forgot to and a) they had the tape measure and I didn't. I will do so next weekend for sure when we return.

Madison5716

Date & Time: Tuesday January 1, 2019

Weather: 36 degrees but gorgeous sunshine, no wind, just fantastic

What Happened: Happy New Year!  The weather forecast is for light rain beginning on Friday, so my son and I went up to the lake to try casting the prints he found in the grass. Not the best medium for casting, but this was the first time we've tried, so we did it any way. The first blob print broke, the second looks good and the third is another blob print. If nothing else, we determined that the prints are definitely barefooted and not shoes. It was kinda fun! Can't wait for another opportunity to try again! Looks like the photo of all three loaded in 3, 2, and then 1. They are a bit mossy and grassy.

0101191825.jpg

0101191825a.jpg

The measurements on the tracks going to the creek were (heel to heel) between 37" and 40", and 10-11" long (the on3s We cast). We discovered a line of 5 or 6 prints going the opposite direction, about 8" long with a 32" heel to heel.  It looks like a wide walk, but it's two lines going opposite directions.

0101191512a.jpg

0101191514.jpg

Here's some more pix. Who knows?

0101191511.jpg

• Upvote 1

MIB

The track in the 2nd picture is pretty interesting.   :)

MIB

Madison5716

I may try to cast some of the prints on the other side of the lake, which are in Rocky sand. This grass was difficult. Still, obviously a big toe and some idea of the other toes, and no shoes. I'm pleased at our very first attempt at casting. 

I have a few friends who are planning on going back Saturday, and walking down the beach. Worth a shot, even though there's a chance of rain.

The best print was #2, and that's the upper one in the photo with the two casts on the ground.

Madison5716

The little high "pip!" at 4 :04 is EXACTLY what I heard a couple weeks ago when something yelled at me from the woods. I have goosebumps. Obviously a warning of some sort or an exclamation of surprise or distress.

Edited by Madison5716
Spelling

Catmandoo
BFF Donor

^^^^  Learning your animal/bird inventory of your research area takes time. Unless you see the source of the 'sound', it is 'unidentified'. Keep in mind that small birds can make very big noises. 

The link below is to  The Cornell Lab of Ornithology.  Lots of recordings.  Most of the audio is  bird 'song',  occasionally a warning call is in the recording.  To check for birds, put out bird food.

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/

Madison5716

Date & Time: Tuesday January 1, 2019

Weather: 36 degrees but gorgeous sunshine, no wind, just fantastic

What Happened: Happy New Year!  The weather forecast is for light rain beginning on Friday, so my son and I went up to the lake to try casting the prints he found in the grass. Not the best medium for casting, but this was the first time we've tried, so we did it any way. The first blob print broke, the second looks good and the third is another blob print. If nothing else, we determined that the prints are definitely barefooted and not shoes. It was kinda fun! Can't wait for another opportunity to try again! Looks like the photo of all three loaded in 3, 2, and then 1. They are a bit mossy and grassy.

Madison5716

I can't delete that duplicate post sorry!

Date and time: Saturday, January 12, 2019 and 9:00 am

Where: Forest road off of CGL

Weather: Very foggy, 32 degrees

What Happened: A friend and I explored a couple of miles up a dirt road, into the hills. We found all sorts of interesting things!

0112191004.jpg

0112191010.jpg

0112191007a.jpg

0112191000a.jpg

0112190958b.jpg

0112190954b.jpg

0112190948a.jpg

0112190833a.jpg

0112190934.jpg

• Upvote 1

Madison5716

Here's the zoomed photos of the presumed sasquatch of "Barking Beach". 

0113191125a.jpg

0113191126.jpg

1547407919511145362225.jpg

I know it's not 100% clear. But something made a loud noise and something is in my photo taken seconds apart. Maybe it's nothing... But I went from believer to knower in one second fwiw. 

I didn't actually see it with my own eyes, but my camera caught something convincing enough for me. I want to hunt this thing down and see it with my own eyes!

• Upvote 1

ShadowBorn
BFF Donor

Madison

Very interesting stuff there that you have found. I am just wonder about your dog and how it reacted to the sounds that were heard ? That is if you had your dog with you? The first sound on your video of those sounds sounded like an owl. But with these creatures they are very good with their impressions of different birds and will sound like owls or other birds.  Those prints are very impressive and really look legit . But were there any other signs of any other human activity besides yourselves in that general area ? You know that I have to ask.

I have always like to walk in the woods when there is that low fog. There is some thing about that low fog in the woods with a bit of cool weather that just gets to me when I am by my self out there. The thing that I like about it is that you can see your breath when you breath and this makes it easy to spot other creatures that are in you general area. I have spotted deer by their breath as they are walking through the woods when I am on a stalk in this type of weather. But have never been able to spot these creatures with their breath.

I have found that depending on the time of day and in what area you are in. They will get angry with us when we are disturbing them on there hunt. If they are warning you to leave it might be that they are hunting and you are spooking their game. It is like us bow hunters who sit in trees on public land and have these small game hunters came around spooking the deer. Especially when they walk up on our stand location and they have no idea that you are there. It just ruins your hunt and pisses you off. Except with them they express it in a different manner and mean it. You walk in on their prime hunting spot and might not of have known it. I have done it and they have express their feelings by breaking trees and showing force. We just learn the hard way cause we are stubborn and know no better. 

1 hour ago, Madison5716 said:

I know it's not 100% clear. But something made a loud noise and something is in my photo taken seconds apart. Maybe it's nothing... But I went from believer to knower in one second fwiw. 

I didn't actually see it with my own eyes, but my camera caught something convincing enough for me. I want to hunt this thing down and see it with my own eyes!

Rather then trying to hunt it down on your terms. Let the creature come to you on it's own terms. Set up camp some where near where this creature lives and let it observe you for awhile. It will make it self aware to you when the time is right and it knows that you are comfortable with it. As I see it right now it is letting you know that it is there by leaving you the prints. These are the hints . Now this is just my opinion and I am sure others might have other opinions . But Take it for what it is worth. 

Good Luck !

Madison5716

The video with the sound is not mine, it's Reo's, UtahSasquatch's famous video! I was stuck by how much the sound at that time stamp sounded just like what I heard. Yes, my dog heard it too, and he wanted nothing to do with it. He was very happy to return to our truck.   In theory there could be people there, yet it's winter, in a picnic area closed down for the season and you have to walk in. The behavior was very odd if it were human. But other days there have been other outdoorsy folks out there enjoying it all for sure. That's why I'm so surprised to have had this experience and to keep finding oddities.

Christopher Noel is doing a series on how close to us that Bigfoots have been reported to live/visit.  Checkout his podcasts. I no longer think I have to go way out in the boonies to find evidence, especially when I've had success closer in than I ever imagined.  All they need is good sources, water sources and concealment. Oregon woods are dense and they support healthy populations of bear and cougar, which share the same habitat.

I'm working with a researcher and we hope to coordinate our calendars so we can get out there together regularly. I haven't asked permission to share his identity, so I can't but maybe after we go out together soon. Except he wants to go at night and I'm not sure I'm that brave or crazy!

I really think that running into that Bigfoot was simple dumb luck. I guess he was interested in the Army Corps of Engineers hammering and came to investigate. I think we surprised the heck out of each other, both of us being where we weren't expecting anything else to be.

Maybe I'll drive up this dirt road next weekend and bring some friends and drums!  Hmmm....

Edited by Madison5716

Catmandoo
BFF Donor

Fog is good. It knocks down your scent. You may want to consider not wearing perfume. Very quiet air.  How many times have you been in 'windy' fog? Fog reduces the visible range for vision hunters. Be careful.

I pass on the night time searches. Humans do not see well at night with rod vision. Everything in the forest will be watching for movement and listening to the ground snaps.

wiiawiwb
15 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

I have found that depending on the time of day and in what area you are in. They will get angry with us when we are disturbing them on there hunt. If they are warning you to leave it might be that they are hunting and you are spooking their game. It is like us bow hunters who sit in trees on public land and have these small game hunters came around spooking the deer. Especially when they walk up on our stand location and they have no idea that you are there. It just ruins your hunt and pisses you off.

I don't hunt nor have I used a tree stand but there are enough reports of hunters in stands who said the sasquatch had no idea they were there.  I think a cleverly-disguised tree stand would be an excellent place to sit, wait, and watch. Maybe even employ a hurt rabbit or deer call.

http://image.sportsmansguide.com/adimgs/l/1/140031_ts.jpg

http://bullshift.net/data/images/2016/12/treestand-15.jpg

http://www.mossyoakgraphics.com/images/patterns/pattern_Treestand_Lrg1.jpg

https://litefighter.com/wp-content/uploads/20080114_treestandimage2.jpg

I've always wondered what a tree stand would look like if surrounded in mirrors.  You'd need to be under the canopy of trees so light from the sun wouldn't reflect and give away your position. I've always thought it could make you nearly invisible. I suppose the same would hold true with a stand on the ground that was mirrored. as long as light from the sun isn't getting through, it might make for an invisible. Check out these videos:

https://www.ghostblind.com/

Edited by wiiawiwb