Madison5716

Searching For Bigfoot in Oregon - Take 2

Madison5716

I'm hoping to go back up the dirt road this weekend with some friends and check out that tree stump situation. I want to try out my new video camera, too.  Also, a friend is taking me shooting, which I'm excited about. I'm not overly afraid of sasquatch, but I do fear poachers, drug growers and mountain lions. Time to get my permit and get friendly with my nice little Beretta.

Edited by Madison5716

SWWASAS
On 1/13/2019 at 2:04 PM, Madison5716 said:

I really think that running into that Bigfoot was simple dumb luck. I guess he was interested in the Army Corps of Engineers hammering and came to investigate. I think we surprised the heck out of each other, both of us being where we weren't expecting anything else to be.

You are probably right.    My first encounter I had changed direction three times and if the BF knew I was in the area they would have had no idea where I was.    They simply blundered into me.     Since then I often reverse or change direction randomly to try to get them to blunder into me if they are following.    I suspect that once they locate you in their territory they likely keep you under observation until you leave.   That explains why encounters are so very rare.   

• Upvote 1

wiiawiwb
On 1/19/2019 at 3:02 AM, Madison5716 said:

I'm hoping to go back up the dirt road this weekend with some friends and check out that tree stump situation. I want to try out my new video camera, too.  Also, a friend is taking me shooting, which I'm excited about. I'm not overly afraid of sasquatch, but I do fear poachers, drug growers and mountain lions. Time to get my permit and get friendly with my nice little Beretta.

Do you mind sharing what video camera you got and your thoughts of it so far?

Madison5716

Monday, January 21, dusk (very dark, 35 degrees, no clouds). So my son, Tobe Johnson and myself went out - in the dark no less. - to look for the cement hands. We found them and liberated the whole statue from the blackberry rambles down towards a gully. Turns out, it's two parts of a cement bench - in the shape if the front and back of a monkey. Question is... who set the hands on top of one another... Probably not the ones who chucked it into the woods! It was spooky and fun. Thanks, Tobe! Here's to many more adventures, I hope

0121191858.jpg

0121191858b.jpg

0121191858a.jpg

0121191939.jpg

0121191854.jpg

hiflier
BFF Donor
On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 1:55 PM, Madison5716 said:

I can't delete that duplicate post sorry!

Date and time: Saturday, January 12, 2019 and 9:00 am

Where: Forest road off of CGL

Weather: Very foggy, 32 degrees

What Happened: A friend and I explored a couple of miles up a dirt road, into the hills. We found all sorts of interesting things!

0112191010.jpg

0112191007a.jpg

0112190958b.jpg

Three years go there was a study done on bone piles that targeted bite marks. The chief ones of interest were rib bones that were allegedly left in a pile. Some of the damage to them indicated what appeared to be half-inch wide incisor marks with one example having three in row that looked like a wide radius arch. BFF member BigTreeWalker posted the paper with photos on his research site (available to Premium members). Just thought you would be interested since you did run across obvious predator damage to the carcass in your photos.

You are doing the good work, Madison5716, and are to be commended for bringing your research here to the members.

MindSquatch
On 1/19/2019 at 12:02 AM, Madison5716 said:

What I do is hike in the highest parts of the Sierra during the grow season  where it's too high, and hike at the lower elevations in winter. It's a win win situation, the Bigfoot's move up high in the summer and go lower in the winter. Never had an issue with poachers or mountain lions, but I'm always on the lookout and move quiet and slow off trail. So right now up in Oregon, the grow season is over and would be safe to hike. Try to put off hiking in spring till the snow melts high up, and then move up high to do your hikes. Not safe to hike Summer, Fall or Spring at the lower elevations. 

SWWASAS

I am not sure in states where pot is legal that there are any illegal pot grows any more.   Why take the risk?   Oregon legal pot growers are drowning in overproduction.    The report is that they grow 90% more than is consumed.     Much of that goes into illegal transport across state lines to states where it is still illegal or sold under the table without being taxed. .  Individuals who use probably are moving into growing their own since that is legal.      Indoor grow equipment sales is booming too.    Drive around with an AM radio and you can figure out where people are using lights to grow.    The grow lights produce a lot of static.  

Edited by SWWASAS

Huntster

Illegal pot growers shouldn't be much of a threat. If they're armed, it's open season on them. Shoot them.

Edited by Huntster

Madison5716

Hunster, lol! Oh my.

I have a friend who works for the .gov tracking and hunting poachers and anyone doing illegal stuff in the woods. He went out on the road i was on and checked it out for me in a drive to his scheduled stuff. He's amazing  I'm lucky to have a friend like I'm on my side :)

I think we may go out this weekend and look for the head of the monkey statue-bench, it was the only part we didn't find. Or, we may return it because it may be haunted. Stay tuned!

SWWASAS

Your monkey bench thing reminds me of a couple of BF interactions I have had where if BF see I have interest in something,   I am presented with something associated with it.    I would not be surprised if the monkey head of your bench suddenly appeared for you to find.    I would guess that you are under observation all the time you are in their area.     When my research area was active,   I would examine deer carcasses to try to determine cause of death.     Then one day a deer carcus was placed by the drivers  door of my truck.    Another time when Bigtree walker and I had examined a rabbit skull,  a wire rabbit book end was placed near my truck.     Another time a stuffed monkey toy was placed near where I always parked to do telescope observation of a valley.     I believe this behavior is likely done by older juveniles for their entertainment when they recognize what your interests are.      

MindSquatch
4 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

I am not sure in states where pot is legal that there are any illegal pot grows any more.   Why take the risk?   Oregon legal pot growers are drowning in overproduction.    The report is that they grow 90% more than is consumed.     Much of that goes into illegal transport across state lines to states where it is still illegal or sold under the table without being taxed. .  Individuals who use probably are moving into growing their own since that is legal.      Indoor grow equipment sales is booming too.    Drive around with an AM radio and you can figure out where people are using lights to grow.    The grow lights produce a lot of static.  

I wish that was the case, but it isn't. 

Edited by MindSquatch

NorthWind

My friend and I may head out this weekend, too, as Saturday is supposed to be nice weather. We usually go to areas outside of Oakridge, Fall Creek, or others, but we are intrigued and inspired by your findings here.  We are still new to this and are learning.  In fact, I always thought BF was a bunch of hooey until I found my first unmistakeable footprint in May of 2018.

• Upvote 1

MindSquatch
4 hours ago, Huntster said:

Illegal pot growers shouldn't be much of a threat. If they're armed, it's open season on them. Shoot them.

How wrong you are! Enjoy reading your posts, but this post could cost someone's life if somebody listened to you saying illegal pot growers shouldn't be much of a threat, and they have no experience being out there. We're not talking about some hippies from the 70s growing pot. 

• Upvote 1