Madison5716

Searching For Bigfoot in Oregon - Take 2

Catmandoo
BFF Donor

This tree is living last time that I checked. Some trees have a complicated life.

IMG_0721.JPG

Madison5716

So they were tree branches? Sweet. Honestly I was too busy looking at the poison oak Tobe said I was standing in when I broke down the twist, lol. Suddenly down became more interesting than up!

I think my friend Carrie and I are gonna go to Strangebrau Saturday instead of going out in the evening and looking for prints in the snow. My new waterproof socks that I wore Saturday are too small. I love my Keens, but they are "just okay" in the waterproof department. I think I'll wait to go out next until I can buy the next size up - they are $45 but dry, warm feet are priceless! 

Nice tree, catmandoo!  Trees are awesome.

Edited by Madison5716
Spelling

Catmandoo
BFF Donor
3 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

Trees are awesome.

Trees are the answer. We should take care of them.

• Upvote 3

Madison5716

Tobe kept that twist, but maybe I'll keep the next interesting chunk of broken tree! Right now I'm just compiling cool photographs. They take up less space than tree limbs, lol!

If I have enough gas money, I might go back to the lake in the next week or so. It's snowed, finally. I'd like to be first out onto the flats and see if any barefoot folks have been running around up there, hunting dear or elk. Might be interesting!

Edited by Madison5716
Autocorrect sucks

Madison5716

Date & Time - Saturday, Feb. 16, 2019

Weather - 31 degrees, light slushy snowy rain, some sleet,  little wind. Slick roads, 3:30pm - 5:00pm.

Location - Oregon Cascades, foothills above a lake.

What Happened - Mostly, we got wet. NorthWind and I went out in the hills; he wanted to show me some of his discoveries, since last time I showed him some of my oddities. It was sleeting when we met in the pizza joint parking lot! Ugh. Winter finally came to Oregon! We mostly found wet trees, wet moss, wet underbrush and wet people (us). NorthWind found a cool little skull. We thought we heard some kind of wood knocking sound, but deeper sounding and maybe a bark. It was very faint, like "did you hear something?" faint, where you question yourself. The snowy rain dampened sound. Even though the weather was damp, it didn't dampen our spirits. Just nice to get out in the woods!

The tall teepee is NorthWind's find, but I'm not sure he got a photo of it.

0216191620a.jpg

0216191612b.jpg

0216191610.jpg

0216191613.jpg

1494.jpeg

Edited by Madison5716