Madison5716

Searching For Bigfoot in Oregon - Take 2

Madison5716

The sound of silence...

NatFoot

Like you said, hard to tell anything of the pics you posted. Looks like beautiful country though.

Would be curious what would happen if you just took off into a full sprint towards those spots.

SWWASAS

In my opinion, and I have seen it many times here on the forum,  if you take pictures of the woods on every outing,    you will continue to get curiosities of shadow and form that suggest you are being watched by what you are there to find (BF) on nearly every trip.    Some convince themselves that there are BF everywhere.      However, without supporting movement or sound associated with pointing and shooting,   the chances of the photo showing anything but pareidolia is very remote.     If BF are really present,   you are more likely to hear them than see them with your eyes or a camera.        If you do hear a sound,  point and shoot the camera, and get a photo curiosity,  the chances if that being something real goes up tremendously.      Otherwise pareidolia will always prevail as the most likely explanation.      Pareidolia does not produce sound.   

• Thanks 1

SWWASAS
Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

In my opinion, and I have seen it many times here on the forum,  if you take pictures of the woods on every outing,    you will continue to get curiosities of shadow and form that suggest you are being watched by what you are there to find (BF) on nearly every trip.    Some convince themselves that there are BF everywhere.      However, without supporting movement or sound associated with pointing and shooting,   the chances of the photo showing anything but pareidolia is very remote.     If BF are really present,   you are more likely to hear them than see them with your eyes or a camera.        If you do hear a sound or see movement,  point and shoot the camera, and get a photo curiosity,  the chances if that being something real goes up tremendously.      Otherwise pareidolia will always prevail as the most likely explanation.      Pareidolia does not produce sound and rarely is motion associated with it.   

Edited by SWWASAS

MIB

The translation of 3-D that your eyes see in nature to 2-D that your camera captures digitally or on film discards depth making it very easy to "see" things in pictures that were never there to be seen in person.     A picture has to be very clear and the subject has to be in front, not partially hidden, else you're just playing head games with interpretation .. blobsquatches are a total waste of time no matter how cool they seem to the photographer.   

MIB

NorthWind

It was interesting to note, however, that in the image that appears to show one leaning out from behind a tree, that "figure" was not in the other photos that were taken just moments later. The reason the photos were taken at all was because I thought I saw something dark move back in the foliage behind the dead horizontal log a couple of moments beforehand, out of the corner of my eye. Maybe my eyes are just old and tired, I don't know. Didn't hear anything except the stream running. This was in the same area as the bone stacks I posted that were found on an earlier expedition.

• Upvote 1

Huntster
2 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

.......pareidolia will always prevail.........

Pareidolia will destroy ya'............

• Haha 1

SWWASAS
3 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

4 minutes ago, NorthWind said:

It was interesting to note, however, that in the image that appears to show one leaning out from behind a tree, that "figure" was not in the other photos that were taken just moments later. The reason the photos were taken at all was because I thought I saw something dark move back in the foliage behind the dead horizontal log a couple of moments beforehand, out of the corner of my eye. Maybe my eyes are just old and tired, I don't know. Didn't hear anything except the stream running. This was in the same area as the bone stacks I posted that were found on an earlier expedition.

Well there you go.    I have the same problem with streams masking movement noise.    Movement is good but branches sway.     Some years ago I put out an enhanced classification system for sighting reports.      Those with associated sound,  footprints left,   and visual or photographic confirmation,   rating much higher than those without.    More complicated than the BFRO system but the highest rated certainly indicated a far greater probability of credibility than the 3 class BFRO system.   If one heard movement, sighted the BF or took a picture, then found footprints at the location, that sighting should rate much higher credibility that a simple siting without anything else.     After all,  in the case of sightings, credibility of the witness is pretty much everything.  

Madison5716

"If you do hear a sound,  point and shoot the camera, and get a photo curiosity,  the chances if that being something real goes up tremendously"

I did hear whistling and faint crackling in the very dark woods.  That's why I didn't go in there. I guess i need to go back there and go in. You can see the video on my channel, Lane County Bigfooters, if you're interested. 

In other news, it's gonna cost over $1000 to fix my truck, so I'm trying to figure out what to do :(

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Madison5716

More "Things That Make You Go 'Hmmm' in the Woods...

Date and Time: June 29, 2019, noonish

Weather: A very pleasant 75°F, absolutely beautiful,  mild wind

What Happened: I've  seen an oddity in the woods several times from a highway on my way to somewhere else. On Memorial Day, I went out and took pix from the treeline, but got a super creepy vibe, so i didn't go in, as I was by myself.

Today NorthWind and I went to do a follow up. We searched both sides of the highway and found possible small teepee structures on both sides of the road... or, we found trees branches of one kind of tree snapped off and leaning against an intact whole tree of a different variety, without seeing where the sticks originated.  This area is not far from a highway, yet its also near powerlines and is in an area that has several BFRO sighting reports, my own 2012 experiences and local stories. I'll put links to local stories in a different post.

I've also posted an amazing oak we found in there and some scenery, just because it's pretty.

I'll post to my YouTube channel, Lane County Bigfooters,  next. Come watch, if that's your thing.

20190629_130427.jpg

20190629_131247.jpg

20190629_131508.jpg

20190629_133134.jpg

20190629_131632.jpg

20190629_125311.jpg

20190629_130537.jpg

• Upvote 2

norseman
On 5/29/2019 at 7:12 AM, Madison5716 said:

The sound of silence...

Its just too ambiguous.

But I always look forward to checking out yer pictures. They are beautiful! I hope yer SUV gets fixed and you git back out there!

Madison5716
Posted (edited)

Thank you! I hope to get the truck fixed this month. It's driving (haha) me crazy being sidelined for the nice part of summer! Not to mention the camping I'm missing out on. I have four of my preschool teachers who want to go bigfooting with me now, so if we ever get coordinated - it's like herding cats - then one of them could drive. I have a half dozen areas I'm fairly desperate to explore! 

And I really want a gimble. 

Edited by Madison5716

Catmandoo
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

it's like herding cats

If they are like Pavlov's cats, you have a difficult chore.

Remember, In Montana, a group larger than '3' is considered a herd.

Carry on.

Edited by Catmandoo
spelling

Madison5716

I'm buying a new-to-me truck tomorrow from a friend. 4wd, 4-door Ford Explorer that will be big enough to sleep in while camping. I can't wait to get back into the woods. Hooray!

• Upvote 2