Madison5716

Searching For Bigfoot in Oregon - Take 2

Madison5716

Went out squatching with my friend Kyle today (September 1). Found lots of of beauty but no beasts!

20190901_163041.jpg

20190901_154039.jpg

20190901_151930.jpg

• Upvote 1

Madison5716

Vicious Oregon blackberries! This is why it's sometimes hard to bumble around in the woods here, lol!

20190902_101727.jpg

Madison5716

Date & Time - September 2, 2019 from 2-4pm

Weather- Spectacular,  80°F

Location - A local lake

What Happened- My kid and i took the new kayak out for a spin on a local lake. 

We checked out a structure that I had seen the previous visit, on a distant shoreline. Today we paddled and trekked out to it (I used the kayak to get across a deep creek) and then my kid paddled out to it while I walked around the bay). It was not easy to get to... sucking 8 inches deep mud (warm and slimy on top and cold on the solid bottom), grasses that hid sticks and logs and a rocky, sharp beach. It was worth it, though. I don't know who made it - perfectly balanced, no strings, all broken off pieces - but it was neat! Probably people, but - again - it's in an area where we've found other things - batefoot prints in February, indentations with hair striations, X's on the ground, and stacked leans - that  just leave questions in my mind. Who knows! 

For measuring,  my kid is 5'9". Yes, I wore my life jacket 👍

20190902_152035.jpg

20190902_151033.jpg

20190902_150900.jpg

20190902_150930.jpg

20190902_150740.jpg

20190902_153834.jpg

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 1

BC witness

Looks like a great outing, Madison. My planned trip with another researcher was cancelled due to a forecast of heavy rain on Sunday, which, in normal west coast fashion, failed to materialize. Oh well, next time we'll go out on a good forecast, and get rained on. 😞

JustCurious

Hmm, an old chair cushion and empty liquor bottle on the beach nearby.  Stack of rocks next to the structure.  I wonder if it was used as a sweat lodge.

• Upvote 2

Madison5716

Where are you seeing an old chair cushion and liquor bottle? By the big log? Sorry! That's my blue life vest and Gatorade bottle, lol! I was sweating,  though 😜

Edited by Madison5716
  • Haha 1

JustCurious
6 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

Where are you seeing an old chair cushion and liquor bottle? By the big log? Sorry! That's my blue life vest and Gatorade bottle, lol! I was sweating,  though 😜

In the next to last picture above in the lower left hand corner.

Kiwakwe

Beautiful country Madison and all that water and green!

• Upvote 1

Madison5716

I'm not seeing what your referring to, but that could be true. It's not "way out in the woods" for sure. Just a structure I found curious, 95% certain people made it. But really cool nonetheless.

What I do find curious about our Oregon bigfoot, is how subtle they are 99% of the time. I follow on YouTube and know personally of a half dozen other researchers/experiencers, and no one ever finds big structures like folks find in Colorado or Ontario etc. We find footprints, small and sparse teepees, and the encounters, which are also subtle (as in, not aggressive usually). Personally, I'm beginning to think that Oregon sasquatches are very used to all our outdoorsy residents being in the woods all year round, and are very good at avoiding us.

And yes, Kiwakwi, it is a beautiful, diverse state. It's very forested where I am, yet North of here at the other end of the Willamette Valley, it's wine country, and looks similar to parts of France. East is all high mountain desert and far East are some of the wildest, most isolated mountains imaginable. We also have a few hundred miles of Pacific Northwest coastal rain forest and beaches. Desert, mountains and the beach are all within 100 miles of me. I'm very fortunate to live here, even with all the rednecks, crackheads and tweekers.

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 2

NatFoot

Your example for Oregon BF being more stealthy than CO BF doesn't make sense to me. Your winters may be more wild, but people are out in CO year round doing the same things they are in OR.

It might be the folks you are following/watching on YT. 

I've always wondered too...are those teepees some sort of scavenger hunt marker for those that are into that type of cache stuff? Sort of like clues left by humans that the Lookers are in the right general vicinity?

Madison5716

I don't know why we don't find the big structures here. I wish we did. Just wondering out loud. I betcha we Oregonians have more forest available to us in winter than Coloradans.  Having lived in Colorado (Erie & Loveland),  Oregon is much more hospitable in winter!

Like Geocaching? Usually in geocaching,  all you need is the coordinates, not a big clue like that teepee. I've geocached before, and hiding the box IS the point of the game.

NatFoot
7 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

I don't know why we don't find the big structures here. I wish we did. Just wondering out loud. I betcha we Oregonians have more forest available to us in winter than Coloradans.  Having lived in Colorado (Erie & Loveland),  Oregon is much more hospitable in winter!

Like Geocaching? Usually in geocaching,  all you need is the coordinates, not a big clue like that teepee. I've geocached before, and hiding the box IS the point of the game.

Geocaching, that's right. I obviously don't know much about it.

I didn't know if maybe they left markers...but thanks for the clarification.

NorthWind
15 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

I don't know why we don't find the big structures here. I wish we did. ..

Madison, Kyle and I did find a rather large teepee-like structure where the logs had been imported from somewhere else. It was up by those twin lakes we had to spend the better portion of a day hiking into. Beautiful area. No sign of humans at all.

• Upvote 1

MIB

I've never found any teepee structures.   Ever.   I really don't think the BFs here do that or if they do it is very rare.   Thought: if there is meaning attached to those rather than utility, maybe that meaning isn't as relevant in our area where resources might be much more available?   Dunno, just tossing it out for consideration.

I've never found any stick structures / glyphs, either.   I fiddled with constructing some of my own in an active location, not for "their" meaning, but as clearly artificially arranged and in a way I could tell whether they'd been manipulated or not.   Nada.

Some of the X-s .. well, one.   Kind of an odd situation, powerful impressions, but no tangible evidence to share.   It was good though, and it was a bit interactive.    So yeah, I'm convinced these can be real even if I'm convinced not all of them reported are what people want to think they are.

MIB

• Upvote 1

Madison5716

The lack of obvious and numerous structures does make it more difficult to track them down, that's for sure.  I'm looking forward to the winter, and seeing if they come down closer, like they seem to have done last yearLooks like it might be anotherhard winter, since the rains don't usuallystart until Halloween,  and it'snow Day 3 or 4 of a downpour.