Madison5716

Searching For Bigfoot in Oregon - Take 2

NorthWind
16 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

Some of the prints were 5 inches long. Being a preschool teacher, I went to work and measured my kids feet. Turns out 5" belong to children between 20 and 30 months old on average (a year and a half to 2 1/2). Huh.

It just doesn't make sense that someone would let a very small child of that age walk around barefoot in that stinky mud there. But a BF might, especially seeing other human tracks in the area. They may know that their tiny tracks would just be thought of as human tracks by any humans -- make that MOST any humans - - that visit the area. Very suspicious indeed. Not out of the realm of possibility, but certainly testing the boundaries, IMHO. The prints that come out of the woods then go back into the woods are very suspect to me. I know firsthand how thick it is there. A human child of that age wouldn't have a chance of getting through it, and I doubt a 25-30 y/o parent with a kid on their shoulders would, either. There are no trails, lots of deadfall, and lots of berry brambles. Many other easier ways to get there than going through all that. It doesn't add up to be human in those cases.

SWWASAS

How tall is a two and a half year old?    My only recent experience with kids is my grandson and he is very big for his age.    The juvenile I have the picture of was about 3 feet tall and it was being carried.    I suspect that BF carry their kids for a long time just because they can traverse difficult terrain faster carrying the kid.  

Madison5716

I'll measure a few of them tomorrow for you!

NorthWind, not to mention all the broken glass. But, as a friend said, there ARE stupid, irresponsible parents out there. Doesn't take intelligence to make babies! 😎

Edited by Madison5716

Madison5716

I measured some of the kids feet at work. Turns out that 5 inch prints belong to big chunky monkey one year olds and two year olds. Only a couple of my 3 year olds had feet this size. So, very young kids. I will measure height tomorrow. I was home today with the flu. 

Madison5716

The prints from Saturday are 12".

20191108_103759.jpg

• Upvote 1

SWWASAS

Not Meldrum but seems like the space between the big toe and other toes suggests the print maker did not normally wear shoes.    Even males get their big toes moved towards the other ones by wearing shoes.     The size and narrowness might be indicative of a female BF.  Nice find.  

Madison5716

The toe splay is originally what interested me. My "expert" says their probably human, though. Regardless, good practice castng. The splay and the rock it stepped on and didn't seem to care about. Who knows?

Edited by Madison5716

Madison5716

FYI I reached my upload limit, so I had to brutally reduce my photos :( I tried to keep the best. From now on, I'll only be posting screenshots, as they take up less space. Bummer.

SWWASAS

I have found enough prints over the years that unless they are outside the human norms in size I really don't get excited.     One cannot be running to Idaho every few months for prints that are likely human.     The big ones are very rare.   Makes me wonder if male BF are like bears and don't hang around to raise the kids.  

Madison5716

I'm a preschool teacher,  so I get excited about possible juvenile prints!

So many questions...

• Upvote 1

Madison5716

Sunday, November 10 - A friend and I went out to Fall Creek Reservoir and poked around up old logging roads. Got nothing of interest,  except photos of mushrooms. But, it's 55°F and sunshine, so it was simply a glorious hike!

Edited by Madison5716

Madison5716

Monday, November 11, 2019- A different friend and I went to a reservoir and poked around. This particular shoreline was very difficult to get to. The roads just would not lead where we wanted them to. This is more isolated than the others, and there were too many blackberries to wage war against. We stopped five times to try to get to the river and water. I think we finally figured out a way to get where i wanted to go, but we ran out of time. So, a semi-successful scouting trip. If I find prints here, I'll be very excited, because most shoreline is a good walk in. Looking forward to trying it, though!

Dang blue orbs again.

20191111_100738.jpg

Screenshot_20191111-180417_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191111-180356_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 2

Madison5716

Date & Time - Saturday, November 16, 2019

Location - A lake we frequent in the Cascades 

Weather  - 45 in shade, 60 in sun, no wind, gorgeous 

What Happened- NorthWind and I returned to the lake where we've found prints before. This time we explored the opposite,  much less accessible  shoreline. We found the same size prints as on the other side! Some 11-12" prints, some 6-7" prints and  booted human prints along with his dog.

Seems like we're not the only ones exploring these mysterious prints. They were not new. Many had small plants growing in them. However, the soil was drying mud, so even though they've been rained on, they are still more visible than the original print find in gravelly mud. We will be returning. 

20191116_140140.jpg

Madison5716

This print shows the large big toe and clear measurements. 

20191116_132304.jpg

Edited by Madison5716

Madison5716

Here's the eleven-inch cast from the other side of the lake. Hmmm... Will try to find this print again and cast it to see if they match. 

20191001_101853.jpg