Madison5716

Searching For Bigfoot in Oregon - Take 2

Catmandoo

This tree is living last time that I checked. Some trees have a complicated life.

IMG_0721.JPG

Madison5716

So they were tree branches? Sweet. Honestly I was too busy looking at the poison oak Tobe said I was standing in when I broke down the twist, lol. Suddenly down became more interesting than up!

I think my friend Carrie and I are gonna go to Strangebrau Saturday instead of going out in the evening and looking for prints in the snow. My new waterproof socks that I wore Saturday are too small. I love my Keens, but they are "just okay" in the waterproof department. I think I'll wait to go out next until I can buy the next size up - they are $45 but dry, warm feet are priceless! 

Nice tree, catmandoo!  Trees are awesome.

Edited by Madison5716
Spelling

Catmandoo
3 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

Trees are awesome.

Trees are the answer. We should take care of them.

• Upvote 3

Madison5716

Tobe kept that twist, but maybe I'll keep the next interesting chunk of broken tree! Right now I'm just compiling cool photographs. They take up less space than tree limbs, lol!

If I have enough gas money, I might go back to the lake in the next week or so. It's snowed, finally. I'd like to be first out onto the flats and see if any barefoot folks have been running around up there, hunting dear or elk. Might be interesting!

Edited by Madison5716
Autocorrect sucks

Madison5716

Date & Time - Saturday, Feb. 16, 2019

Weather - 31 degrees, light slushy snowy rain, some sleet,  little wind. Slick roads, 3:30pm - 5:00pm.

Location - Oregon Cascades, foothills above a lake.

What Happened - Mostly, we got wet. NorthWind and I went out in the hills; he wanted to show me some of his discoveries, since last time I showed him some of my oddities. It was sleeting when we met in the pizza joint parking lot! Ugh. Winter finally came to Oregon! We mostly found wet trees, wet moss, wet underbrush and wet people (us). NorthWind found a cool little skull. We thought we heard some kind of wood knocking sound, but deeper sounding and maybe a bark. It was very faint, like "did you hear something?" faint, where you question yourself. The snowy rain dampened sound. Even though the weather was damp, it didn't dampen our spirits. Just nice to get out in the woods!

The tall teepee is NorthWind's find, but I'm not sure he got a photo of it.

0216191620a.jpg

0216191612b.jpg

0216191610.jpg

0216191613.jpg

1494.jpeg

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 1

Madison5716

Date & Time - Monday, February 18, 2019

Weather: 40 and sunny, very nice

What happened: Myself and researcher "D" went back up the road. The gift basket I left with garlic, chocolate and apples is completely gone. It was hidden off the road about 10 feet behind a stump and was not visible from the road.  I left more of the same, plus a salt lick. I walked my dog down a road on the other side of the lake, but found nothing of interest except for some pretty rocks.0218191433a_HDR.thumb.jpg.79c9d602e2128b2b32c2fd1273825955.jpg

0218191546a_HDR.jpg

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 3

Madison5716

I also tried out my new video camera and it's GOOD. Now I just need to figure out how to post the videos. Very exciting!

• Upvote 1

Madison5716

Date & Time - Saturday, Feb. 23, 2019

Weather: Not very pleasant, maybe 30, light rain, snow on the ground in places, lots of mud and slush

Location - 2 locations in the Cascade foothills, each within a few miles of very small towns. 

What Happened - NorthWind and I went out and investigated one area that looked promising for potential structures, and a different place 20 miles away where a friend said there were structures. In the first location, we found a possible blind/small wallow/hiding spot up a hill off a remote BLM road.  On the other side of the road was a huge twist and a smaller double twist, neither of which look good in my photos. We walked up to the bigger blind, but neither of us felt inclined to fight the blackberries and micro-streams down this gully to the breaks. It was rough climbing due to the brambles and precarious footing caused by rotting leaves and litter and roots, branches and logs covered by debris. The first two pix are from below and above the blind.

The second location was a road up a mountain, and we found an area that had been cleared, and there were old brush piles. Most were simply piles, but one was reorganized on both sides. Further up, NW found a side road marked by a small leaner and up it we found a mini teepee type structure. By then we were cold and tired, so we called it a day. The first pix are above and below the brush pile, and then the twists and the mini teepee.

I also tried out my camcorder, but the attachment cords don't fit my computer, so I can't upload the videos. Working on it.

0223191134.jpg

0223191128.jpg

0223191111b.jpg

0223191240.jpg

0223191241_HDR.jpg

0223191304.jpg

Edited by Madison5716

NatFoot

That structure, and others like it, don't strike me as BF related. Would take too much time to construct for what it would be worth (and would a creature that big even begin to fit).

Madison5716

Nothing would fit in the woodpile, it was just a whole lot of parallel sticks, no space under them.

under the other structure was some space. It was up against a huge fallen log parallel to the road car below. Behind it, uphill, I'd say there was 3 feet of so, and up to maybe 8 feet. It was old looking. If it was summer instead of winter, that whole area would be leafy green bushes. Who knows? It just looked weird from the road and those logs didn't grow there.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

NorthWind

Respectfully, while I am new to researching BF, I have over 50 years experience in the woods. That said, I can assure you given the location of at least the one structure we found, and I do mean structure, because it was built, that it would be quite plausible for it to have been assembled at least in part by something intelligent, with hands, and more strength and gumption than I have ever had even in my youth. That something was not a cougar. Nor a deer. Nor a bear. Not a single man. And I would bet my bottom dollar not by a group of men. So, believe what you want. I am not going to convince you, that is obvious. And that is truly fine with me. I have nothing to prove to anyone. I am in this game for selfish reasons. I want to know the truth for myself. I am leaning towards Noel's savant theory. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

gigantor
54 minutes ago, NorthWind said:

So, believe what you want. I am not going to convince you, that is obvious. And that is truly fine with me.

As it should be.  We are grateful Madison and you come here and share your field work with the BFF.  Don't worry about the peanut gallery...  :)

• Thanks 1

Madison5716

Thank you, Gigantor. I suspect that more folks are reading than are commenting.

For years, I read about other people's adventures and learned by what they did and didn't do. I am pleased that my feet finally feel good enough that I can be back out in the woods. I hope others can read, enjoy, consider and learn from what we are or are not doing. :) I'm excited about the stuff we're finding and the interesting people I am meeting because of this weird new hobby!  This is fun.

I wish I'd thought to take a picture of one of us below the structure for scale. The logs were between 10 and 20 feet long, I'd estimate. And it was a bitch to climb up to, lol!

Edited by Madison5716

gigantor
7 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

I suspect that more folks are reading than are commenting. 

3300+ views so far and that's only from registered members. You can be sure there's a lot of eyeballs on this thread from people who are not members of the BFF.

Thanks again for sharing your field work with us!