Madison5716

Searching For Bigfoot in Oregon

wiiawiwb
BFF Donor

Something I find fascinating is the step length. Patty's was 41" from a 14.5" foot. That's 2.83 time the foot length. In your case, was the 32" from the 7" or 9" footprint? If 9", then 32" step is 3.56 times the foot length. If 7", then it would be 4.57 times.

The average male has an 11.22" foot while his step is 31". That yields a 2.76 factor.  Your trackway is yielding step length/foot length of at least 3.56 times. Hmmmm.  I'd keep a log of these findings to see if you can notice any relationship developing as you find more prints.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/06/02/article-2646165-1E69852600000578-77_636x382.jpg

https://www.livestrong.com/article/438170-the-average-walking-stride-length/

• Thanks 1

Madison5716
BFF Donor

Here's the video.

• Upvote 2

SWWASAS
On 12/14/2019 at 2:23 PM, hiflier said:

Just use this stuff: https://www.lociforensics.nl/products/evidence-collection/impression-evidence--casting/snow-print-wax---250ml It's about $16 a spray can, but how often is anyone going to use it? And if there is a darn good trackway then wouldn't you think it would be worth every penny and then some?

Nordic skii folks use spray waxes that are clear.   Amazon carries several and local ski shops would be local source.   Some are even in non aerosol spray containers.     Some car wax products would probably work too.     A carnuba wax of any sort,   makes an excellent mold release but you need it in liquid form that you can spray.     

Edited by SWWASAS
  • Upvote 1

hiflier
BFF Donor
6 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

The prints were many miles away from the "one holer". I don't think the forest giants visited the forest toilet... but there's a thought!

I meant Human prints, LOL. Just thought you'd want to know if anyone was close to that area. Point being, WHY would something like that even BE there. And I still worry that small animals could meet an untimely death. Obviously, whoever put it out there, didn't care about that?

Huntster
BFF Donor
23 minutes ago, hiflier said:

........WHY would something like that even BE there. And I still worry that small animals could meet an untimely death. Obviously, whoever put it out there, didn't care about that?

Looks like the kind of throne one would build for a hunting camp.

hiflier
BFF Donor

Agreed. Maybe someone should leve a note telling them someone stole the camp but was thoughtless (thoughtful?) enough to leave the throne LOL.

NorthWind
BFF Donor
17 hours ago, hiflier said:

... I still worry that small animals could meet an untimely death. Obviously, whoever put it out there, didn't care about that?

..That would be a pretty crappy way to die. ;-)

• Haha 3

JustCurious

Reminds me of that one scene from Mash.

MIB
BFF Donor
On 12/16/2019 at 9:06 AM, NorthWind said:

..That would be a pretty crappy way to die. ;-)

I wonder if those are not specific to individual national forests.   I've found some, all on Umpqua National Forest land, all adjacent to either old logging camps, trailheads for now-abandoned trails, and abandoned campgrounds.   None on Willamette, Rogue-Siskiyou, or Fremont-Winema NFs though.  Could be coincidence I guess.

BigTreeWalker

Old elk camps in the Gifford Pinchot NF usually have one somewhere nearby in various stages of decay. One of the knocking experiences I had with three different individuals used one as a sort of drum to answer a knock from the ridge above me. The elk camp where it was located was about a quarter mile below us. We checked, there was no one but us in the area. 

Much rather see one of those in the woods. People make enough of a mess in the woods as it is. 

Madison5716
BFF Donor
On 12/26/2019 at 12:35 PM, BigTreeWalker said:

One of the knocking experiences I had with three different individuals used one as a sort of drum to answer a knock from the ridge above me

They used the hunting toilet as a drum? That's so cool, LOL!

Madison5716
BFF Donor

Look what I got for Christmas!

I want to get more into bushcraft. When I'm able to but a newer-to-me vehicle again, I want to get camping.

Yep, Guzzle broke down at Thanksgiving. So frustrating. Thankfully NorthWind is a good sport and drives. We both have full weekends this week, and last week was holiday stuff, so maybe next weekend we can get out there again. 

Santa also brought me #36 bank line in my stocking 👍

20191224_200517.jpg

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 3

Madison5716
BFF Donor
Posted (edited)

Date & Time - Saturday, January 4, 2020; 1130-330pm

Location - Oregon Cascades, trails beyond campgrounds 

Weather- 40°F, a bit of drizzle now and then

What Happened- NorthWind and I went for a hike. First time out in 3 weeks, and we hiked a switchback trail half way up a mountain looking for a cave that we never found. Oh, well. It was a great hike and so good to be outdoors. The creeks are full and everything is wet. Oregon is gorgeous. 

The first picture used to be a nice, deep fishing hole I've fished a half dozen times. It's now a massive log jam. Second photo was from the mountain side looking down, great view.

20200104_135804.jpg

20200104_123532.jpg

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 1

Madison5716
BFF Donor

Date & Time - Saturday, January 11, 2020. 12 noonish to 3:30pm

Location - Oregon Cascades 

Weather- Pretty miserable. 30°F, rain, hail and snow. Brrr.

What Happened - NorthWind and I checked out the location of two recent sighting reports that occured about 6 miles from where we've found prints.

We also checked out a couple of lakes and one hillside area along the way, but we turned back due to the weather. Our area is due for it's first snowstorm this week.

Along a trail, we found an area where there were shredded ferns strewn along the path, plus a very interesting marking that to us looks like huge fingers dragging stuff off the path. See below. The multitool is 4 inches long.

20200111_124213.jpg

We also found this tree about 25 feet off the trail that was shredded. Not a beaver, and no claw marks like a bear would likely leave. It's a dying tree, but the wood was very solid, not punky or soft at all. The damage starts a few feet up the tree, not ground level. No idea what caused this.

20200111_130124.jpg

20200111_130131.jpg

We found this awesome stand of fallen trees, straight up "Colorado  Bigfoot" style. So, we bushwacked our way up this miserable mountainside,  with its fallen trees and branches, mushy old wood, blackberries and old spoiled chanterelles (bummer). Probably natural, but one tree was bent into a huge arch and pinned with another broken tree. Yeah, that happens, but thing is, I'm not sure where that fallen tree came from. Didn't really see a stump close by. Maybe NorthWind did, idk. Just made me wonder. And gave me the heebie jeebies standing around under it, lol! We didn't linger long, as the wind was picking up as the storm front moved in on the higher elevations. 

20200111_140824.jpg

20200111_141048.jpg

20200111_141257.jpg

And then the snow began. 

20200111_143602.jpg

So pretty.

20200111_144703.jpg

Edited by Madison5716

Madison5716
BFF Donor

Here's the link to a short video on my channel  (like and subscribe!). NorthWind will have a much nicer video later, after he edits it together. I can't wait to get a computer soon, so I can make proper videos instead of one shot takes.