Madison5716

Searching For Bigfoot in Oregon

SWWASAS
On 1/15/2020 at 11:37 PM, Madison5716 said:

I guess I'm guessing bear, as the most most obviously candidate. Just didn't see any claw marks. Weird.

20200111_130131.jpg

Looking at the damage on the tree the fibers are delaminated and a lot of them are sticking out.     Might we be looking at lightening damage that did not ignite the tree?     I had a tree lightening strike on my place and there was no charing.     It simply turned sap into steam and blew out a chunk like this.  

BigTreeWalker
3 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

BTW, I did not see the animal that removed the bark. Old image, from May 2012. I checked my files for images to scale the tree size and height off of the ground with no luck. I have not seen porcupines in this area.  Mountain beaver burrow system is close by.

You mentioned Washington. This is the range of porcupines in the state. The areas where they aren't is for lack of trees. 

WA_porcupine.jpg

Madison5716

NorthWind,  just 1 mile? Geez. Guess I was looking at road signs or something.  I knew it was close, but not that close. I hate that my truck is broken down, but I had to put my old cat to sleep yesterday, and it was expensive. (I miss my cat, 😥). Hopefully next month i can get it fixed. I feel trapped not having wheels, and I'm so bored!

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 1

gotafeeling
2 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

NorthWind,  just 1 mile? Geez. Guess I was looking at road signs or something.  I knew it was close, but not that close. I hate that my truck is broken down, but I had to put my old cat to sleep yesterday, and it was expensive. (I miss my cat, 😥). Hopefully next month i can get it fixed. I feel trapped not having wheels, and I'm so bored!

Sorry about your cat, Madison.

I think you guys were at the campgrounds where my son and his friends camped many times. I asked him once if they'd ever experienced anything creepy. He said nope. Except for occasional creepy people. Probably bigfooters.  :) JK! 

NorthWind

We'd be out there right now, Madison, if my company gave us managers the time off for MLK day.  Alas. 

I am so sorry about your cat.

Hopefully this coming weekend. 

Madison5716

Thank you for your good thoughts. 

Yes, hopefully this weekend. I need to get OUT. Short weeks are always a bit "off" at work, ugh.

Madison5716

Date & Time - Saturday, January 25, 2020 from 12 to 3pm

Weather - Calm and cool, started nice at 50, then dropped to 35-40 when the storm front moved in

Location  - The "Charmed Lake" in the Oregon Cascades 

What Happened - NorthWind and I wanted to visit the lake before the winter snd spring rains fill it up and our nice muddy shorelines disappear underwater. We went first up the mountain on a tip about s location a few miles up about twisted trees, but there was too much snow on the road for comfort (and too many trees and branches down). Instead, we hit the shorelines.

On one side, we found norhing. On the other, after a bit of a walk down the gated closed road, we left it and hiked down to the shoreline, and bingo! A ways down, we found more prints - the same 11 inch, 8 inch and 6 inch barefoot prints that we have found 3 previous times. We estimate they were less than a week old, due to the crispness of the outlines, yet it rained all night and off and on for days just past. In fact, it started raining just as we returned to the truck, and just now stopped at 11pm.

We also found two fake fire rings and possibly a stacked stick area - maybe. This is all so very cool. I hope some day that we'll get to hear or see the track makers, but who knows. Maybe with NorthWind's FLIR that's arriving soon! We have great plans to camp out off the highway and watch this area. 

20200125_144507.jpg

20200125_141519.jpg

20200125_144912.jpg

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 1

Madison5716

The footprint maker stepped right on this rock. The second image is to show how big and sharp this rock is! If I would have stepped on it, I'm sure I would have died. 

It's things like this that make me wonder.

20200125_140602.jpg

20200125_140610.jpg

Here's the major track area. 

Screenshot_20200125-231102_Gallery.jpg

Measuring. 

Screenshot_20200125-230702_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 1

Madison5716

Some pix of NorthWind trying to match the steps. This particular line was 8 inch prints and 35 inches heel to heel. Looks easy, right? No. Not really.

Screenshot_20200125-232727_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20200125-232936_Video Player.jpg

Possible stick stack. Maybe. Maybe not. 

20200125_150129.jpg

And lots of these little guys everywhere.

20200125_151122.jpg

It was very wet out there today. 

20200125_145403.jpg

A friend gave us a tip on an area not too many miles away, with lots of twisted trees, but we couldn't get there - too much snow and lots of downed trees and broken branches. 

20200125_125812.jpg

More pretty water and forest scenery. 

20200125_134114.jpg

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 1

Madison5716

Here's my video from the day.

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 1

NorthWind

One of the strange things is that the steps got even further apart later in the trackway, with no evidence of running or jumping.

BlackRockBigfoot
On 1/19/2020 at 9:11 PM, Madison5716 said:

My condolences about your cat, Madison.

Madison5716

Thank you.

Edited by Madison5716

MIB
On 1/25/2020 at 11:34 PM, Madison5716 said:

And lots of these little guys everywhere.

20200125_151122.jpg

They are cool.    I've been told they have a toxin in their skin though we handled lots of them growing up and suffered no ill effects that I recall.   Lore says that if the are walking uphill, it is going to rain, if they are walking downhill, it will be clear, and if they are climbing on a "cow pie" it is going to freeze.    That does seem to jibe with childhood observation.

MIB

Madison5716
3 hours ago, MIB said:

Lore says that if the are walking uphill, it is going to rain, if they are walking downhill, it will be clear,

My personal experience has been that if you see them, it's going to rain 👍😁