Madison5716

Searching For Bigfoot in Oregon

Madison5716
On 2/22/2020 at 2:54 AM, wiiawiwb said:

I've taken wilderness survival training and am always prepared to stay the night if circumstance or tragedy befalls me.  I think everyone who goes out in the woods, even for a quick hike, should always carry something to make a shelter (painters 1 ml plastic 9"x12"), and start a fire (two Bic lighters - redundacy).   If you lose your way, you can hunker down, have a fire, think things through during the night, and begin your game plan in the morning.  

As s student of bushcraft, I carry the 10 C's, and the REI list, too, mostly. Plus, bigfooting specific items like the phone, audio recorder and measuring tape. 

I carry my heavy (over 1 lb) hatchet if we are out of cell range or going over a bridge. We live in earthquake country. Should one hit while we're out there, I'd want it.

I try to carry the bare minimum, but winter requires more "cover/shelter" items than summer hiking, plus snacks/food and water weighs a lot. Fortunately we only have to carry one bottle of water, due to their being water literally everywhere this time of year. 

I'm planning on getting some sort of PLB with my tax return.

Oh, and I put my phone on airplane mode when I knew we were out in the mountains enough yesterday to be out of cell range. Worked great!

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 2

Madison5716

Hi georgerm, please sllow me to clarify. There were 5 or 6 big burn piles off the dirt mountain road going down the hill. Most looked exactly like you would expect- big, brushy piles. Out of them all, this ONE pile was rearranged on both sides so the sticks were parallel. It was noticeable, if you knew what to look for. 

Madison5716

Date & Time Saturday, February 22, from 1130 - 430pm

Weather  - 30 - 40, depending

Locations - Oregon Cascades

What Happened- At the Charmed Lake,  NorthWind and I found boot prints, indeterminate prints and barefoot prints along a mile of beach.  The highlight was a new 13-14" print, in soil-duff. Very cool. The other prints were in line with the sizes we've found four other times.

Our next plan is a night visit. Spring is coming, and we want to try to catch them on thermal, or vocals, before they literally head for the hills, and move up much higher into the mountains. 

We also explored a forest road that paralleled power lines, but there was nothing of interest. 

Then we drove up a different mountain road until we hit snow, but found nothing of interest there, either. NorthWind had sucess there last year before we met. We will try that area again. Cold but pretty, with beautiful streams and small waterfalls. 

Screenshot_20200223-093153_Video_Player.jpg

20200222_122309.jpg

20200222_152952.jpg

20200222_152834.jpg

Edited by Madison5716

Madison5716

The clearest 11 inch, 8 inch and 6 inch barefoot prints. 

20200222_121145.jpg

20200222_121626.jpg

6 inch juvenile prints. She was all over the place! Very busy.

20200222_120655.jpg

20200222_121540.jpg

Edited by Madison5716

hiflier

Gonna go with bear in that last image. I think you're looking at mama and a couple of cubs. Be careful out there.

Madison5716

I would entertain that idea but for several reasons. One - We have never seen claw indentations in any print,  and there's never any digging. Two - the stride legths for two feet, not four. Three - we've never found bear poop, unlike at the Meadow, where it's everywhere. Four - we have other researcher friends in the same general area, who have had dramatic experiences in several directions within a few miles of here. We are collaborating with them by phone. We hope to meet up in person some day, but our various schedules and distance have not permitted it yet.

We hooe the FLIR will help. Pretty sure - it's humans or bigfoots. 

I just can't see a bear print in these:

20191204_000945.jpg

Edited by Madison5716

georgerm
On 2/21/2020 at 7:50 PM, MIB said:

For you perhaps.   I do not fear being lost.   I seek it out as a chance to see something new, experience novelty, have a bit of adventure.   I find it a relief from dullness.  

MIB

Being a little too over confident can lead to a forest night of horrors, so be careful out there my fellow bigfooter.

Madison this is a picture of the first print that you show in this thread. It's wider than many of the others and appears to be from a bigfoot. There is no arch and the heel is wide as bigfoot prints are supposed to be. 

1114181229.jpg

Madison, below is a trackline that I pulled off the internet that is probably authentic. I wonder why some of the prints shown on this thread are much narrower? I suppose bigfoots can have a variation in print shapes. 

"The prints found on Blue Creek Mountain were beside a road that was

being constructed. They were in soft earth on the shoulder of the road. 

Each print is one in a series. In all, 590 prints were counted, however

prints on the traveled part of the road had been obliterated, so it is 
estimated that the actual number was probably well over 1,000!"

image.thumb.png.63962e5ab2f33f246d12ad65a1573cc5.png 

This probable bigfoot print shows a narrower heel when compared to the wide prints shown in the above picture.

image.png.4e03fb14ca70dbeaa2b82ddc7e7ecd1a.png

1977 marble mountain print

Edited by georgerm

JKH

Wow, such cool finds. Human presence isn't necessary for audio, in fact I don't recommend it. Nothing worse than humans talking or otherwise messing up good recordings. Snoring comes to mind in my early attempts, lol. I always drop my device in a sheltered spot or just cover with foliage, pick up after a night or two.

SWWASAS

Meldrum warns people that the classic super wide huge prints are adult males and that female and juvenile prints look far more human.      I thought this print looked too human but he chided me that the print is too long to be human.      He thinks it is likely an adult female.     That small print in the upper left of the photo is 8 inches and the one with the tape is 17.5 inches.    There have only been a few humans on the planet with feet that big.   

IMG_0150.JPG

• Upvote 1

BigTreeWalker

For those that like to compare shoe size to foot size that is over a size 30 foot. You are probably not going to find anyone with that size shoe. Robert Wadlow (1918-1940) wore a size 37. He was 8'11" tall. Right now size 26 is the largest in the world. That's a 16" foot. 

I just found an interesting calculator here:  https://m.convert-me.com/en/convert/shoesize/shsfootin.html?u=shsfootin&v=17.5

Edited by BigTreeWalker

NorthWind

I agree, some of them look kind of human, but many are strangely narrow in the heel. 

And the step lengths on them sometimes are more than I can comfortably do. Sometimes, they are closer together, but not always. I think when they are "hanging out" in a spot, prints are much closer together. And that's when we see the little 6" ones just kind of "appear".  Traveling back up towards the woods is a different story. Stride is bigger, more deliberate, and no 6" ones. I think it's being carried.

I am 6'1", and my legs are on the long side. The prints making them the last time we were out (and in the videos) were in the 8-9" range, narrow in the heel, and 45" from toe to heel of the next one. Human just doesn't figure. Those prints are all washed away from the rains now, so I am getting much more confident in the age of some of these. 

Crazy stuff, but really cool.

hiflier

Where are things heading from here? Do you have a long range plan of sorts?  Maybe bring an animal expert on site? Don't have to say if you'd rather not.

Edited by hiflier

NorthWind
59 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Where are things heading from here? Do you have a long range plan of sorts?  Maybe bring an animal expert on site? Don't have to say if you'd rather not.

Next step for me, since I can't speak for Madison, and since we know where they "play" is to see if we can get thermal images. I tested my new FLIR this weekend, and saw a couple of people fishing that I think were about 175 yards away. I was able to see their heat signatures and easily ID them as two legged from that distance. In the summer, there is a creek that I suspect they are coming down from that goes up the mountainside, and I want to scout the ridgeline. I suspect we may find a highway / tunnel through the bush where they come down from. I understand that there are a lot of berries in that area, but I haven't ventured up there yet. I know there are deer and elk. Maybe nesting sites. Who knows? 

As far as an animal expert, I don't know of any. But Madison and I are in contact with a few people that have had experiences in that area, including audio recordings and eyewitness sightings. One of them is one of Cliff's dude for the region.

Here's the video of the fisherman that were about 175 yards away. White hot. This was during the day.

• Upvote 1

Madison5716

Oh the FLIR possibilities are so exciting 👍

Just throwing it out there - what I think we have, is a younger adult female (11 inch thinner prints), with young a male juvenile with typical wide looking but miniature 8 inch prints and a much younger female juvenile with tiny, skinny 6 inch feet. This is just how I envision them when we go out there, FWIW. It helps me keep it straight in my mind. Plus, it matches the casts from the other side of the lake. It keeps the freak out factor lower!

Cool prints georgerm and SWWASAS!

I hope, of course, to someday find huge prints but looking at those - whew, those are scary, too!

Edited by Madison5716

georgerm

Nice work and thanks so much for posting. This track from page 44 that measured 4" across and 10" long is probably from a young female bigfoot as you stated. The print is narrow like many of the others. Some other times, you have found the same size print with two shorter prints around 6" to 8". Is this the mom and kids?

Why do you think the bigfoots like to wander around the mud flats?  Are they finding food out there? Are there bugs under the rocks? Are they escaping cougars or bears that remain in the forest?

We have mud flats at low tide here in Coos Bay, and I found a set of prints that disappeared into deeper water. There are lots of clams for food here? 

Where is the alpha male?

image.thumb.png.52ec0a13383982ccbc394ae9193a8096.png

Edited by georgerm