I have a big bore for a big boar. :lol:

• Haha 2

Madison5716

OMG. 

Madison5716
Posted (edited)

Date & Time - Saturday March 7 from 11:30 am until 4pm

Location- A reservoir in the Oregon Cascades 

Weather - Variable. 30-40°F, some wind, rain, hail and sunshine. 

What Happened- NorthWind and I explored a campground a good ways out, where nothing stood out, so we hit a reservoir on our way back. We found this amazing structure - probably human built, beautiful, really neat - and hiked a mile along the shoreline and into the mud flats and boggy grasslands. We found nothing, not even the ubiquitous deer prints. Though there were two fire pits, no fire, with a large stone in the middle that looked odd.  That was a bust, but when we were able to climb up to the pathway, we found a picnic table overlook and he made us hot cocoa on the really cool soda bottle alcohol stove and stand that he made. I tried firestarting in totally wet conditions and it was really hard (resorted to using the stove to dry out the wood). We also motored past a neat house surrounded by carvings - including a bigfoot stature. Awesome day!

Front side.

20200307_124626.jpg

Back side.

20200307_125424.jpg

20200307_125138.jpg

Fire ring inside. Some bits of tiny charcoal, but stupud! The roof is about 2 feet above the fire lay. The fire is backwards, little sticks on the bottom, grass on top.

20200307_125325.jpg

Fire rings or ?

20200307_125736.jpg

20200307_125615.jpg

NorthWind and his stove.

20200307_141009.jpg

20200307_141053.jpg

20200307_145525.jpg

20200307_135600.jpg

The awesome statue. 6-8 foot tall.

20200307_120238.jpg

A pretty creek at the campground. 

20200307_114454.jpg

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 3

Madison5716
Posted (edited)

Date & Time - Saturday, March 14, 2020. 7-10pm

Location - Oregon Cascades 

Weather- Cold 30°F, some rain & hail that cleared up. Amazing star viewing when it cleared.

What Happened - NorthWind and I drove out into the hills to try out his new FLIR. On our return journey, we got out and did some exploring in the dark - VERY dark - of the area where the London Trackway was found. We walked down the highway and found eye shine... and an unexpected visitor. An eventful end to an otherwise uneventful evening. 

Edited by Madison5716
  • Thanks 1

SWWASAS

You missed your chance to ask him if he had ever seen a bigfoot crossing the road in that area.         Of course when you do that you might find yourself getting a field sobriety test.  

Madison5716

We were laughing too hard to ask, lol!

• Upvote 1

SWWASAS

That reminds me of the time I had been in my research area and was headed home when I saw what looked like movement on the ridge above me.     I stopped,  hopped up into the bed of my pickup, and was staring up at the ridge line looking for movement.   A sheriffs deputy pulled up behind me and asked what I was doing.   I said I had seen movement up on the ridge and was trying to see what it was.   He asked me if was a human or animal.    I said animal and he said I better move along because the shoulder was too narrow there to park.   I am always tempted to tell the truth but you never know how that will be received.