Madison5716

Searching For Bigfoot in Oregon

Catmandoo

Whoa tigers.  Just received an email from the Forest Service. My email was for Washington and Oregon,   DISPERSED CAMPING IS ALLOWED.  Stop with the conspiracy trail cookie ideas.

And Hunster, I watched AK. Gov. Mike Dunleavy speak on KTUU.  He said ice fishing is OK if you are 6' apart. Brown and black bear hunting is still on.  ??  Salmon fishing will be crazy. He thinks that fishers will maintain 6' distance. Guerrilla fishing tactics on the Kenai Peninsula will be a riot.  6' spacing on charter boats? I don't recall any comments about commercial fishers but their markets are screwed up since a lot of seafood is shipped to the orient for processing. Canned salmon has been eeking out a small increase in popularity since the plastic used for fillet products is not recyclable.

BigTreeWalker

No conspiracy here. I was simply going by their own announcements. A little misdirection and contradiction, I guess normal operating procedures. 

https://tdn.com/news/local/volcano-climbing-gifford-pinchot-recreation-closed-down/article_104d6dc9-2c90-5cc8-a5ba-459ad5589e15.html

I guess I'll have to see how adamant they are about their road closures. 

Also spring bear and turkey hunts are postponed til May. Sports fishing is closed. 

https://wdfw.wa.gov/about/covid-19-updates

Huntster
6 hours ago, SackScratch said:

are the Sasquatches under mandatory lockdown orders and who's enforcing these orders?........

They've been on lockdown under federal mandate since at least the 1890's. Patty was severely reprimanded for getting caught on camera, and she knew she was in trouble. That's why she snarled at Gimlin.

Huntster
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

....... I watched AK. Gov. Mike Dunleavy speak on KTUU.  He said ice fishing is OK if you are 6' apart. Brown and black bear hunting is still on.  ??  Salmon fishing will be crazy. He thinks that fishers will maintain 6' distance. Guerrilla fishing tactics on the Kenai Peninsula will be a riot.......

I Like Mike. :D

I've been ice fishing a couple times since returning from California. It has been nice on the ice.

They closed all bear hunting this spring, but it caused an uproar. The very next day they reopened it for residents who hunt without commercial services, like air taxi. 

I've already decided to pass on the Kasilof set net fishery this year, because my brother in California will need a break again. I'm hoping I can fly in June. So I'll hunt bear in May instead.

Edited by Huntster

SackScratch
8 hours ago, Huntster said:

They've been on lockdown under federal mandate since at least the 1890's. Patty was severely reprimanded for getting caught on camera, and she knew she was in trouble. That's why she snarled at Gimlin.

seems the government is using this pandemic to implement more of the "Agenda 21" which is basically to starve off and kill rural areas and towns to herd everyone into densely packed urban areas and "Re-Wild" huge areas or make them into Government Farming Zones.  I moved last week, the county I moved to is slowly dieing, I saw thousands of Turkeys and Wild Hogs along the roads driving here but no farms, just a couple boarded up buildings, mostly just hills, trees and various wildlife...  the farmers as they died off and their kids had moved away to the big cities the county bulldozed their farmhouses and let nature reclaim the land, these counties were once covered with family farms but those days are gone.

IMG_20191108_050306.jpg

in the 1980's they had a thing called "Farm Aid" to help bankrupt farming families, many were committing suicide so their wife's and children could get insurance money... During this time the USA was in deep financial debt to Japan, huge chunks of U.S. land was given or sold to the Japanese as these American farmers were removed from their lands due to debt problems/bankruptcy...

• Sad 1

Madison5716
Posted (edited)

The reason I couldn't go bigfooting was because i didn't gave a vehicle, and would have to carpool. Each of my bigfooting buddies has a vulnerable person in their lives, as do I, so going together is a no go situation.

HOWEVER, i got my Totota RAV fixed this week, so I may be able to get out some.  I could go out alone. I went for a drive in the country by myself today, and it was glorious! Maybe we coukd work something out with multiple vehicles, idk.

FWIW, my friend who works with the Forest Service says the forest trails and and day use areas are closed because people are idiots, swarming trails and congregating in groups and assuming because they are outdoors, that their germs somehow can't spread. Also, because there will be no toilets open, and they don't want the aforementioned idiots ******** on the side of every trail and trailhead (and campground) parking lot all summer long. Obviously not an official stance, but his opinion. Dispersed camping is still allowed. 

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 2

Madison5716
Posted (edited)

4/26/20 - NorthWind and I went out today, but didn't find anything worth mentioning.  It was a very pretty day, though!

20200426_151357.jpg

20200426_151424.jpg

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 2

Madison5716
Posted (edited)

4.28.20 - My son and I scouted The Charmed Lake. The Reservoir is full now, so the muddy beaches are gone. Guess it's time to head for the hills! Sure is pretty. I can't wait.

20200428_171827.jpg

20200428_163634.jpg

20200428_161040.jpg

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 1

BlackRockBigfoot

Great pics, @Madison5716

• Thanks 1

BC witness

I'm glad you're able to get out there, Madison. I'm getting cabin fever big time, but still holding off on outings until they remove the "no unnecessary travel" rules here in BC. Spring is my favorite time in the woods, right up there with hunting season in the fall.

• Thanks 1

cmknight
16 hours ago, BC witness said:

I'm glad you're able to get out there, Madison. I'm getting cabin fever big time, but still holding off on outings until they remove the "no unnecessary travel" rules here in BC. Spring is my favorite time in the woods, right up there with hunting season in the fall.

You can still get out on crown land. Drs. Henry & Dix actually approve of it and encourage people to be able to get out for a drive and some fresh air, as long as you don't have to stop in any communities along the way. I myself will betaking a road trip up Stave today, as I've heard reports of some howls north of Alouette. There has also been a recording of some howls from Chehalis reserve.

BC witness

Interesting. What time are you going up Stave?

wiiawiwb

@Madison ---- Beautiful country Madison. Enjoy and good luck!!!

• Thanks 1

Madison5716
Posted (edited)

5.3.20 - Went for a long drive with the windows down and the music up, followed by a short hike through a meadow full of camas.

20200503_103501.jpg

20200503_100450.jpg

20200503_102018.jpg

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 2

Madison5716
Posted (edited)

At the same lake, about a mile away - Kinda sad to see a beautiful structure that we found at the beginning of March, is completely destroyed now. Oh, well. 

After:

Screenshot_20200503-141023_Video Player.jpg

Before:

20200307_124626.jpg

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 1