Madison5716

Searching For Bigfoot in Oregon

SWWASAS

Maine looks very much like Western Oregon but like you say more of it is forested than Oregon which has some Eastern arid regions.     Maine looks so familiar to me that the fact the ocean is to the East kinda messes me up.  I would encourage anyone who has not been to Maine to visit there.  The coastline is beautiful and has lots of charming fishing villages.    I would be very surprised if Maine did not have a good size population of BF.    Lack of people results in lack of reports.   Oregon is far more populated than Maine   

Madison5716
Posted (edited)

Here's the link to my video of yesterday's hike.

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 2

Doug

I have always loved spending time up near that area. 

Madison5716

Edited at add. We also found a possible stick paralleling type structure.  Maybe. It was a mile down the road from the sighting.

20200706_201613.jpg

Edited by Madison5716

Madison5716

Date & Time - Sunday, July 5, 2020 from 730pm until 1 we pm

Location - Oregon Cascades 

Weather - Beautiful 60 degrees, clear, no wind, full moon

What Happened - NorthWind and I took his FLIR to a mountain top to use ut. We parked and walked down 2 logging roads, but got nothing. I suggested a spot on the way down the mountain, so we stopped there to try again. NorthWind handed me the FLIR, and I stood just outside my truck, leaning on the door, kinda panning all the way around my truck. 

The second time I panned around, I saw a white blob in the trees, very bright. It was moving, apparently behind the treeline. I said, " Hey, I think we have something,  but I can't tell what it is". Then, it leaned out from behind the tree with UNMISTAKABLE HEAD AND SHOULDERS, and just stood there, looking at us. I said, "We definitely have something!" followed by lots of cussing (mine). I couldn't find the record button in the dark, and scrolled thru the color choices instead. NorthWind came to my side of the truck, found the button and began recording. "I think we've got one!" I said. He replied, "I think there's two!". A monent later, he said, "I think it just stood up, its huge". We passed the FLIR back so I could see it again, and started recording on the night vision binoculars, too. Then he took the FLIR back and said, "Uh oh, they both just disappeared ". "Well, when do you think should we leave?" And NorthWind said, "I don't know where they went, it is time to leave now!" So we did.

We were giddy with excitement and shock, though I never really felt frightened, just incredibly surprised to actually get something!

We drove to NorthWind's house and uploaded the footage and watched it again. Freaking awesome! These are pix off the computer screen. I don't have any pix, because the night was very dark, and you' ll have to wair for NorthWind to post them.

20200706_173639.jpg

20200706_175514.jpg

20200706_173700.jpg

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 4

Madison5716

Date & Time - Monday, July 6, 2920 from 730-830pm

Location  - the sighting location, Oregon Cascades 

Weather - fine misty not-really rain, 50 degrees

What Happened  - NorthWind and I returned to the site of the FLIR sighting of the night before. Wr traipsed out into the woods and found, to the best of our ability, where the two bigfoots were hiding in the trees. NW stuck a branch of leaves on the tree, at 7 foot 3 inches high, to do comparison photos and try to determine the dimensions of what we saw. The terrain was very difficult to walk through - branches, old rotting logs, forest duff, and 3-4 foot tall bushes, and ofcourse, blackberry brambles. I think we can say that what we saw on the FLIR was taller than 7'3", but NorthWind has all the data, since I found them but he filmed them. 

I did a follow up comparison video that i will post tonight after work! In the meantime, here's some comparison photos. We got lucky with three very distinctive trees and I knew jyst where wr parked (it's a distinctive feature), so it wasn't difficult to line it all up. This is so exciting!

We might have found one 10 inch footprint, looked pretty clear, but the ground was bad for prints and there was only one. However,  it was in the right spot! We slso found a path out of the woods to the road, with the wrt grass pressed down. There were no prints that we could see.

20200706_194134.jpg

20200706_193118.jpg

20200706_192155.jpg

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 2

BlackRockBigfoot

@Madison5716

Could you guess at the approximate distance?  

Iirc, you guys are using a Scout TK.  That's a big signature that's pumping out a lot of heat.

Madison5716

@BlackRockBigfoot I think we guessed 50 - 75 yards? Ask NorthWind? Maybe 10 truck lengths?

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 1

NorthWind
1 hour ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

@Madison5716

Could you guess at the approximate distance?  

Iirc, you guys are using a Scout TK.  That's a big signature that's pumping out a lot of heat.

I would estimate 75 yards distance. The green branch I hung from the tree in the location they were in was placed on a branch, the highest point I could easily enough reach, at 87 inches, which is 7' 3" off the ground. The ground was much lower that I suspected, in a bit of a natural dip. From the vehicle, the branch only appeared to be a foot or two off the ground due to the dip. I still want to cross reference images on the computer, but heightwise, I guesstimate at least 9' tall. probably closer to 10, but it's just a rough estimate.

I am so sorry that it is taking a while to post video...I want to edit the video (not change it) by adding a copyright on it, and putting the other pieces of the video together. But it takes time, which is a luxury I don't have a lot of right now at this point in my life. I will do what I can, and it will be posted here for sure when I get it together. And I promise to keep the integrity of the original FLIR recording without enhancements outside of copyright and audio.

The night vision footage is practically useless from what I can tell. You cannot see anything of value from what I have seen so far, but I have not given it a fine toothed comb yet. I think we had an audio recorder running, too, and I would like to add that track to the video if I can synch it up, and then bleep out Madison's salty words (and probably mine, as well!) I can't speak for her, but I guarantee you that my adrenaline was pumping as soon as I saw the little white blip actually stand up and walk on two legs. There were two of them. You can see them both when the white heat signatures split. One on one side of a tree, one on another. Then one jumps fluidly and quickly from one side of the tree to the next where the other one was standing watching us. And then they just calmly walked off into the forest.

I feel very blessed to have been given a glimpse of these magnificent creatures. And now I am officially a "knower". Stay tuned.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Madison5716

There were many "salty" words, lol, that'll take a long time to edit! 😂

Yeah, I couldn't see anything with the night vision. 

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 1

Redbone
12 minutes ago, Madison5716 said:

There were many "salty" words, lol, that'll take a long time to edit! 😂

My solution was to post my salty language audio in the Tar Pit. Sometimes very bad words come out when rocks are being thrown at you. :)

• Upvote 1

BlackRockBigfoot
35 minutes ago, NorthWind said:

I would estimate 75 yards distance. The green branch I hung from the tree in the location they were in was placed on a branch, the highest point I could easily enough reach, at 87 inches, which is 7' 3" off the ground. The ground was much lower that I suspected, in a bit of a natural dip. From the vehicle, the branch only appeared to be a foot or two off the ground due to the dip. I still want to cross reference images on the computer, but heightwise, I guesstimate at least 9' tall. probably closer to 10, but it's just a rough estimate.

I am so sorry that it is taking a while to post video...I want to edit the video (not change it) by adding a copyright on it, and putting the other pieces of the video together. But it takes time, which is a luxury I don't have a lot of right now at this point in my life. I will do what I can, and it will be posted here for sure when I get it together. And I promise to keep the integrity of the original FLIR recording without enhancements outside of copyright and audio.

The night vision footage is practically useless from what I can tell. You cannot see anything of value from what I have seen so far, but I have not given it a fine toothed comb yet. I think we had an audio recorder running, too, and I would like to add that track to the video if I can synch it up, and then bleep out Madison's salty words (and probably mine, as well!) I can't speak for her, but I guarantee you that my adrenaline was pumping as soon as I saw the little white blip actually stand up and walk on two legs. There were two of them. You can see them both when the white heat signatures split. One on one side of a tree, one on another. Then one jumps fluidly and quickly from one side of the tree to the next where the other one was standing watching us. And then they just calmly walked off into the forest.

I feel very blessed to have been given a glimpse of these magnificent creatures. And now I am officially a "knower". Stay tuned.

75 yards?  That thing was big and pumping out heat.  

For you to have captured the definition that you did at 75 yards with a TK...that sucker was big.  

• Upvote 1