Searching For Bigfoot in Oregon

Madison5716

Catmandoo

On your friends rural property with 'livestock'.  How do the animals react? Not sure if the image is a LLama or Alpaca.  I believe that a LLama will 'point' in the direction of danger.

Should I guess that your friends comb the animals and make fine wool garments?

Madison5716

The llamas are fierce, lol, and they spit. They are mostly rescues, and pets, aka money pits. 

The dogs are mixed - a cowardly one, a ballsy dumb yapper and the Lab, who took on a cougar recently. 

I will ask about their reactions. I need to see when we can get the game camera. 

And I'm turning on audio as soon as we exit the car from now on!

20201107_143238.jpg

• Upvote 2
Catmandoo
16 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

The llamas are fierce, lol, and they spit

Llama activity is shown in the movie "Gun Shy". 'Death by Llama' is amusing. They are interesting animals. They have extremely fine wool. As pack animals, they can't handle a heavy load and do not leave trail cookies while traveling.

We used to have several llamas - and a decent sized herd of alpacas (that is a story for a pleasant beverage and a lot more time). They are cool animals. Both alpacas and llamas are excellent and hearty spitters.

Anyway, one lovely Saturday afternoon I was home alone, and the llamas started making a huge fuss outside (they make a very loud alarm call....very distinctive in character). I went out to the front porch, and 2 of the llamas were at the fence line, basically pointing themselves in the direction of 3 coyotes who had lined themselves up to watch alpaca tv. (It was likely coyote mating season and the creatures were on the move). Anyway, the llamas were not having it, and as soon as I showed up on the scene, the lead llama charged the fence and spit. (They are typically accurate at a distance of between 25 and 30 feet at least in our experience.) Suffice it to say the coyotes were not interested in hanging around. I miss those llamas! Now we are haunted  (or adopted?) by a bobcat who regularly likes to scream in the early hours of the morning - somewhere between 4-5am. It is clearly working for her or him, not working so great for us.  They are loud!

Anyway, I digress. Would be very interested to hear what the llamas think of their visitors, Madison, if you happen to know. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
BlackRockBigfoot
On 11/12/2020 at 10:19 PM, Madison5716 said:

The llamas are fierce, lol, and they spit. They are mostly rescues, and pets, aka money pits. 

The dogs are mixed - a cowardly one, a ballsy dumb yapper and the Lab, who took on a cougar recently. 

I will ask about their reactions. I need to see when we can get the game camera. 

And I'm turning on audio as soon as we exit the car from now on!

20201107_143238.jpg

@7.62

Remember the Great Llama Skull Debacle over at that other forum that we both frequent?  

Edited by BlackRockBigfoot
Madison5716

It won't let me answer without posting a photo, so.

@BlackRockBigfoot I'm not on any other forums? Not sure what you're referring to.

20201125_151849.jpg

@DrPSH, since we put up the trail cam, all activity has stopped. Figures. 

Saturday, November 22, NorthWind and I went on a hike with one of my friends, and then explored some roads near the trail. Found snow, a cave, crows and lunch. 

20201122_151804.jpg

20201122_141619.jpg

20201122_151752.jpg

20201122_134845.jpg

Edited by Madison5716
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
BlackRockBigfoot
39 minutes ago, Madison5716 said:

@BlackRockBigfoot I'm not on any other forums? Not sure what you're referring to.

20201125_151849.jpg

Saturday, November 22, NorthWind and I went on a hike with one of my friends, and then explored some roads near the trail. Found snow, a cave, crows and lunch. 

20201122_151804.jpg

20201122_141619.jpg

20201122_151752.jpg

20201122_134845.jpg

Sorry for the confusion.  There was some memorable drama that occurred on another forum that consisted of a llama skull and Bigfoot.  7.62 is a member of that other forum as well.  My post contained spaces between his name and the rest of the post, so it came out confusing.

Madison, it looks like you had a great day. Hope the activity picks back up again - in the meantime, glad you are out and about and enjoying the scenery! Even the small amount of snow on the road is pretty, and I love the rushing water. We are supposed to finally get some snow next week. I'm the only fan of snow in my household except the dog, so I've got my boots at the ready and he and I will have a nice hike through the back 40. Hopefully we will see some interesting tracks...most likely to be the neighborhood bobcat.

19 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

20201122_141619.jpg

Did you explore the cave.?   Looks like an old mine entrance to me.     Might be worth looking at since there are some lost gold mines down in Southern Oregon.  

NorthWind

These images were taken by the game cam we left out at the "llama" property. Going through the images, I saw deer, a cat, a dog, us, and then there were these two weird images...likely just artifacts? 

Day5BuckFrame109.jpg

Day13Buck&companyFrame346.jpg

Day18AnomalyFrame189.jpg

Day4AnomalyFrame891.jpg

NorthWind

The dark colored anomaly that is in the daytime shot looks like it is big and moving quickly. Could have been a bird though, I suppose. I really don't know. No birds on any of the other images. I had the cam set up for timelapse. 

NorthWind

Madison and I have not been able to get to the Charmed Lake where we found so many unusual footprints last year. The roads are closed due to the massive fires we had. That doesn't mean we have given up. 

We tried taking a long roundabout approach I figured out with Google Earth and maps. Sneaking in the back door, if you will. Unfortunately, after driving for what seemed like forever, there was a sign that was posted threatening people beyond that point with a $5,000 fine. So frustrating, because I think we were less than five miles as the crow flies from our target. We had to turn around. But the fires have cleared up a lot of stuff and one can now see a bit more distant. We found a cave, about big enough for me to enter if I hunched over. Decided not to enter once I looked at it with the FLIR, which showed that it was warm inside. 

Yeah, no thanks.

20201127_113359.jpg

20201127_113619.jpg

PIC_0047.JPG