Searching For Bigfoot in Oregon

Madison5716

Madison5716
BFF Donor

The artwork is a late present from my Board of Directors President, aka mom of my favorite kid - yeah. And the others were Secret Santa gifts :)

Pure awesomeness. 

• Upvote 1
hiflier
BFF Donor

I just GOTTA get me some of those chips for my grandson. They'll need to get by me first of course. You know, just to see if they pass muster and all ;) I see them on ebay but for some reason they're not on the maker's website. 

Edited by hiflier
Madison5716
BFF Donor

Wouldn't let me post without a photo so ignore it, LOL, though it's my icon.

Um, it says it's a special batch. I'll look this weekend and see if I can find any at the store where my co-worker found it.

0112190833a.jpg

• Thanks 1
hiflier
BFF Donor

Thank you, even if I eat them I WILL save the package. Kinda like I did with this :):

011.thumb.jpg.45de169b2d647502e7109e44523e250d.jpg

• Haha 1
wiiawiwb
BFF Donor

At 24oz, you'll find your wild side very quickly!!

• Haha 1
hiflier
BFF Donor
26 minutes ago, wiiawiwb said:

At 24oz, you'll find your wild side very quickly!!

It was given to me by a friend in Tahoe. I don't consume alcohol but I can just imagine what TWO of those babies could do. Probably wouldn't need a camera to see a blurry BF ;) ......or a blurry tree, a blurry tent, a blurry squirrel, a blurry friend, or even a blurry self for that matter. The very epitome of the statement, Bigfoot Ale RULES, LOL.

Madison5716
BFF Donor

Went hiking. No bigfoots. Too many people. Lots of mud.  Big waterfalls. Wanted to look at the area - very squatchy looking in general.

20210110_145320.jpg

20210110_145543.jpg

20210110_152718.jpg

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 2
BlackRockBigfoot
BFF Donor
14 minutes ago, Madison5716 said:

Went hiking. No bigfoots. Too many people. Lots of mud.  Big waterfalls. Wanted to look at the area - very squatchy looking in general.

20210110_145320.jpg

20210110_145543.jpg

20210110_152718.jpg

It's a giant mud hole here, too.

hiflier
BFF Donor

Is that a reverses image, Madison or just a cool, funky Oregon hat?

Madison5716
BFF Donor

20210110_151952.jpg

@hiflier it's for Outdoor Research, but Oregon works, too! Multipurpose. 

Madison5716
BFF Donor

@BlackRockBigfoot So. Much. Mud. But i love fall and winter best!

wiiawiwb
BFF Donor

I'll take mud over snow any day. Especially when there are layers of crusted snow on top of each other formed by fresh snow melting a tad during the day and freezing at night. You don't know its strength so when you step on it sometimes it supports you and other times your foot breaks through. 

I have a pair of racing snowshoes, which are nothing more the a small version of a snowshoe, that help with snow conditions like this and are not clumsy at all.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.gearjunkie.com/uploads/2016/02/Snowshoe-Running-700x519.jpg

The ones on #403 are exactly what I use. Northern Lites.

Madison5716
BFF Donor

Interesting! I'd like to try snowshoeing some day. Right now I'm having trouble finding cables for my old truck, though, so I'm limited to where I can reasonably safely drive. I do have 4WD, but my tires are bald, lol. There's a bunch of lakes WAY up in the Cascades above Bend that I'd like to visit in deep winter. 

MIB
14 hours ago, hiflier said:

Is that a reverses image, Madison or just a cool, funky Oregon hat?

Probably a reverse.   I don't think it is OR for Oregon, I think it is OR for "Outdoor Research".   They make some pretty good gear.

MIB

ShadowBorn
On 1/3/2021 at 12:53 PM, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Yeah.  I am embarrassingly out of shape.  Increased work load coupled with the holidays put a hurting on me. 

We had a moment yesterday afternoon where something broke either a tree or a huge limb, busted through the brush towards us,and then made 2 sets of 3 popping noises.  Then, it kind of moved away.

The initial break was loud. I had my chest cam running, so we eagerly pulled the footage up last night when we got home.  Unless there is some way to clean up the audio, all you can hear on my cam microphone is me gasping for breath after climbing a steep side of the mountain.  

Before I went to bed last night, I was done with ever trying to go out looking for these things again.  I was putting all of my gear up for sale on eBay today and just walking away from it.  Super frustrating.  

Today I am in a bit better mood and am working on a way to take our stationary audio recorder and securely attach it to one of our packs , as well as working on my cardio.  

That's a good idea with the bushcrafting.  Sharpen your skills and hopefully entice something to come in for a closer look.

BRB

I might be a little late on answering this. But I have had these bluff charges happen to me a couple times. One time I was with these three friends and were on top of the ridge. It was midnight and we had our lights on and we just happen to get up there. That's when we started to here some thing below the ridge. It sounded like some rustling so I flashed my light down there. When I seen these eye's looking back at me. The next thing I know is this thing started to really make a racket. I just held my ground until it stopped. The good my truck was not the far from us. When I turned around to see where my friends were at. They were gone and screaming. So i turned around and went looking for them and found them on the ground. They were on the ground and on top of each other all piled up. I just started to laugh at them since it was way to funny how I found them.  

Sure I was scared but not to the point that I needed to run. But they were scared out of their wits. Since that incident they never wanted to go back with me. But then this was right after I just got out of the service. Also I really did not really care about my self.