Searching For Bigfoot in Oregon

Madison5716

Madison5716
BFF Donor

NorthWind and I went out today, January 23rd, looking for our little bigfoot family.

Unfortunately their area was impacted by the fires, and we found no evidence of them here. We hope they survived. If they did, they had to go somewhere, so we'll keep looking. We got to walk down the river looking, because it was 28 degrees and the mud was FROZEN. Awesome!

You can see the underbrush is all burned up, even where the trees are still standing. 

20210123_153406.jpg

It was cold on the shadow of the mountain. 

20210123_150008.jpg

I am Kerry, the fish saver! Found these little guys stranded in mud. Half were still alive and wiggling weakly. I picked up dozens and put them back in the river.

20210123_151026.jpg

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 2
NorthWind

A few more photos, and a new pack that I bought from prize money, that I desperately needed...

20210123_143035.jpg

20210123_150446.jpg

20210123_151136.jpg

• Upvote 3
Wolfjewel

Curious little fish — don’t seem to have proper tail fins. Glad you were there to help them out.

• Upvote 1
Wolfjewel

Northwind, so glad to see how you used part of the prize money. This forum is proud of your and Madison’s efforts, and seeing how the prize helps you gives us satisfaction. 

Also a shout-out to all who entered the contest and to the two runners-up. Keep squatchin’ and sharing your research. You’re vital to this community.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
NorthWind
22 minutes ago, Wolfjewel said:

Northwind, so glad to see how you used part of the prize money. This forum is proud of your and Madison’s efforts, and seeing how the prize helps you gives us satisfaction. 

Thanks!

Here is another shot...

20210123_143052.jpg

• Haha 1
NorthWind

Oh, I almost forgot.

Here is a shot of the mountain (post wildfire), that Madison got the weird blue light anomaly some time ago. Followed by the blue light photo pre-wildfire. Maybe @Madison5716 will repost the non-compressed image for comparison.

20210123_142046.jpg

Resized952019092695094741.jpg

• Upvote 1
Madison5716
BFF Donor

Well, that comparison sure shows what the fire burned! It certainly wasn't as bad as it could have been, though. I'm so relieved that it didn't all burn. However, the forest is SILENT.  There is no birdsong or animals, though the little footprints in the ice say at least one animal kind is still there. 

I need to find my fishing license. We ran across a fisherman and he had a lovely trout caught right down where we hiked. Fishing would be good cover to sit there and listen. 

Hey, NorthWind. Zoom in to the top of the mountain. Look at that pointy ridge! I kinda want to hike all the way up there. Think we could do it? Or would we die trying? It'd be cool seeing the whole lake/river basin from up there.... Yes, we'd probably die, but it might be fun...

Edited by Madison5716
gigantor
On 1/24/2021 at 1:39 PM, NorthWind said:

Thanks!

Here is another shot...

20210123_143052.jpg

I like it!

• Thanks 1
Madison5716
BFF Donor

THANK YOU, EVERYONE!

Heck yeah, I got the FLIR. Look for more nighttome adventuring soon!

• Upvote 4
Madison5716
BFF Donor

I can't delete the duplicate.  Sorry!

Edited by Madison5716
Madison5716
BFF Donor

We went out yesterday, February 6, 2021, and followed up on a report of a bigfoot spying on campers. We checked out the campgrounds but got distracted by caves in the area. Here's the video.

wiiawiwb
BFF Donor
On 1/24/2021 at 1:39 PM, NorthWind said:

Thanks!

Here is another shot...

20210123_143052.jpg

1 hour ago, Madison5716 said:

I can't delete the duplicate.  Sorry!

Congratulations, I am thrilled for both you of you. I love Northwind's pack. It is a perfect size and has the PALS webbing and MOLLE system so you can attach gear in an unlimited number of ways. Lots of exterior compartments and pouches to be able to access things easily. Great choice.

Madison...what an excellent choice. You will be looking forward for darkness to come sooner!  You'll have to show us some of videos using it.  One of the most important pieces of equipment for what we do. You'll begin to level the playing field.

• Upvote 1
NorthWind

Thanks, @wiiawiwb

The FLIRs don't just work in the dark, they work equally as well in the daytime. We saw a couple of hikers about 100 yards away across the river from us and was able to see them just fine in the daylight. 

I thought I'd mention how impressed I am with Madison. With everything she has been through in this last year, she handled a 4 mile hike with a fully loaded pack with no problems. Even crossed a log over a river. She is definitely regaining her strength!

20210206_130444.jpg

• Upvote 4
NorthWind

And I don't know what was up with this. I thought it was an upside down deer skull on a small tree at first, but it caught my eye from a distance so I had to go check it out. Turns out, it was some bark (from a different tree) wrapped around the small tree. Next to it, were a lot of small trees that had been knocked over (all in the same direction) and a bush with nine branch breaks. Some old, some newer. You can see them if you look closely in the photo with Madison on the left. And also, there is the log that we crossed in order to get over the creek. We had a great time in this "new" area for us. I would really like to go back and do an overnighter up in the treeline, so we can FLIR all night and record audio.

20210206_160610.jpg

20210206_155928.jpg

20210206_155918.jpg

20210206_155937.jpg

20210206_160248.jpg

87524.jpeg